Chapter Eight

On and On and On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple days had passed and now it was time to say goodbye to Jennie before she left for the airport. The three of us had spent almost the whole week with each other before Jen had to go.

"You can't leave Jennie!" I pleaded as I watched her put her luggage in the back of the car.

"I know. I don't want to go either," Jennie said. She closed the trunk of the car and turned around to me and Lisa. "I'm going to miss you guys, but I'll be back to visit and stuff."

"You better be," Lisa said. Jennie smiled and pulled us both into a hug.

"You guys are the best," she whispered.

"Okay, okay. Go before you make me cry." I joked. I didn't want her to leave, but watching her leave and crying like a fool was worse.

Jennie pulled out of the hug. "Fine, I'll leave. But you'll be miserable without me."

"Yes, I know I will." I agreed.

Lisa's jaw dropped. "Uh, hello? I'm right here, you know?" Jennie and I looked at her and I pulled her into a side hug.

"Don't worry, you know I love you." As I said it, butterflies erupted in my stomach.

"I know you do," she giggled. But did she really know? I mean, I didn't love her, but this crush was overwhelming me.

Sometimes I hated myself for getting into this mess. This was not how I was raised. I was taught to love a man, just like my parents had once loved each other. Although, they had never specifically said anything about disapproving of me if I did happen to like a girl...

"Jennie, it's time to go now," Jennie's mother said to her in a gentle voice as she made her way to the back of the car where we girls stood.

"Alright guys." Jennie was on the verge of tears as she looked between the two of us. "I gotta go. Rose, don't let that Jimin break your heart while I'm gone, got me? And Lisa, you have fun tonight." Jennie winked and Lisa winked back with a suggestive grin.

I felt my stomach drop. Fun? Tonight? What were they talking about and why wasn't I in on it? "Oh, don't worry. I will." Lisa assured her. Jealousy crept into my throat at this suggestive conversation that I was so generously left out of and I was speechless.

Jennie pulled us into one more big hug and said goodbye. She got into the car and Lisa and I waved to her as the car sped down the road. My jealousy was washed away and replaced by an empty feeling as we watched Jennie's car drive away. What am I supposed to do without my best friend? Who was I supposed to go to and be myself around without her? I'd feel too nervous to do that around Lisa.

Speaking of Lisa...

I spared a glance at her and gazed at her while she looked out into the distance with a tilted head. Her hair was blowing with the slight breeze, blowing behind her to reveal her pretty shoulder. I almost didn't want to break this comfortable silence.

"So. Lisa." I tried to sound kind of upbeat, even forced a small smile onto my lips. She looked over at me with a completely innocent look and my confidence fell to the floor. All I could manage next was: "Tonight...?

Her pretty features twisted up into an excited, fond smile. "I asked Sorn out. She said yes. Tonight's the night!" I internally rolled my eyes. She sounds like she's about to lose her ity to the love of her life.

Suddenly I panicked. What if that was what was going to happen tonight? What if she was really planning on having ? Then I briefly questioned Is she even still a ? I shivered the thought away. I couldn't think of this stu່ff now.

Instead, I let a slow (and fake) smirk cross my lips. "Well, lucky you." It was lame, but it was all I could muster.

"Thank you," Lisa said with a slight, confident curtsy. "Would you maybe wanna help me get ready for it?" She bit her lip after she asked. As much as I wanted to say no, I hated the idea of her with another girl, I found myself agreeing.

"Sure, sounds great."

She squeaked and grinned excitedly. It was amazing how perky she was when my best friend just left not even ten minutes ago. She grabbed my hand, intertwined our fingers and pulled me in the direction of her car which was parked in the driveway that no longer belonged to Jennie's family. We walked together, hand-in-hand, and my palm started to get sweaty.

"So," Lisa said once we both got into our seats. "You're pretty quiet."

I nodded once, my eyes fixed on the windshield even though we weren't moving yet. "Well, I just watched my best friend leave for New Zealand. I think I have a right."

Lisa giggled softly and started the car, pulling out onto the road. "Well, yeah, you have a point."

I love when she giggles.

"What did you say?" Lisa asked me, glancing over at me once we were driving. Oh crap, did I say that out loud? I felt all the blood rush to my face. "When who giggles?"

"W-what are you talking about?" I tried to act nonchalant about it, casually gla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter