Chapter Ten

On and On and On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and happy. It was so nice with Jimin last night which was especially weird because after he moved away, I always imagined myself hating him if I saw him again. The thought of hating him never once crossed my mind since I've seen him.

Throughout the whole time Jimin and I were together last night, I kept thinking about Lisa. I thought about how her date with Sorn was going, what they may have been doing, I thought maybe she'd be thinking of me; I mean, she did kiss me before she left to go on her date. As hard I resisted, almost everything Jimin did, I compared it to Lisa.

Why? Because I'm an idiot! I really needed to stop thinking about her. I needed to talk to someone about this, but the only person I had to talk to was Lisa and I couldn't talk to her about her. I could have called Jennie, but this conversation was something that needed to be said face-to-face. And I definitely could not tell Jimin, we weren't on that level yet and he didn't want to be considered my friend, so I didn't know where exactly we stood.

I ran my hands down my face, wiping the sleepy crap and trying to wake myself up. Jimin and I were going to get breakfast together at the Bed and Breakfast in town. It wasn't just an inn thing, the owners let anyone come to get breakfast. It was like a hotel with an open diner.

I walked to my closet and stood in the doorway, too miserable to get anything nice out to wear. It was getting cold out, so I should grab my hat and gloves. And my boots. I love my boots.

I glanced over at the mirror and looked at myself. "You're really losing your mind, aren't you?" I shook my head in disappointment and continued scanning my clothes.

Finally, I decided on just putting jeans and a white tee-shirt on. I put my long black, petticoat jacket on and buttoned it up so you could only see the very top of my white shirt. I put my boots, which went up to just below my knees, over my skinny jeans. With my boots and jacket, all you could see were my jean thighs. I combed my hair and left it the way it was, strawberry blonde, long and pin-straight. I put my beret-type hat on and slipped on my gloves.

Then, my phone rang. I answered it quickly, without checking the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Hey!" Lisa said in a cheerful voice. "Are you busy today?" I immediately froze and I could feel my face turning red.

"Um, yeah," I told her.

Lisa didn't say anything for a moment. Then, "Well, can you get un-busy?"

"Un-busy? Um, no I can't. Why?" I probably could tell Jimin that we had to reschedule, but I didn't want to see Lisa just yet. Too awkward.

"Aw, come on. I need someone to gush to about last night. If Jennie were here, I'd tell her. But she's not, so you're my next victim."

I was quiet for a moment. She'd rather tell Jennie than me? That made me feel even more weird around her. But, the fact that Lisa wasn't even fazed by what happened between us stunned me even more. "Um, sorry."

"Well, maybe tonight?" She asked. I was done with this weird feeling. I'm going to tell her that Jimin and I are hanging out, I thought.

"Um, Jimin and I have plans for the whole day." I closed my eyes tight, waiting for her reply.

But she was quiet. For a second,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter