Chapter Fourteen

On and On and On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day after I told my mom about Lisa, we talked about me going to visit Jennie. She said it was fine that I went, she was probably glad that I was going to be out of the house after the shocking news.

We also talked about that. I told her that I liked Jimin for a while, that we even dated, but something happened and Lisa was the one I really liked. This time, she took the time to listen and she actually talked it over with me. She didn't like the fact that I wanted a girlfriend, but she said she'd have to deal with it. There were a couple times where I wanted to rip her head off because of some of the things she said, but in the end we were all right.

"So, what happened with Jimin, anyway?" she asked as she put our plates in the sink. Her voice was still a little shaky from our talk.

My eyes widened and I racked my brain for a reply. "Uh, let's just say he was too girl obsessed, to put it vaguely." It was pretty vague.

"Ah, so he cheated on you?" Nope, she still didn't get it.

"Well, not exactly. He's girl crazy in another way." I wanted her to understand without me having to actually say it. My mom was good at understanding hints, but I guess the whole thing with Lisa really threw her off.

She thought about it for a second. "Ooh," she drawled, "I see. But you didn't, you know..."

I know she wanted me to say no, so that's what I said. "Pfft, of course not, mom. Gross. Well," I said quickly, "I gotta start packing. Bye, now." Usually, I'd plant a small kiss on her cheek before running out of the kitchen, but the past twenty minutes have been the most awkward minutes of my life.

I rushed up the stairs and I excitedly grabbed a bunch of clothes and stuffed them in a suitcase. I grabbed a bunch of makeup: eyeliner, mascara, a hairbrush, and some hairspray. I picked out three different pairs of shoes: some boots, sneakers, and some flats. I stuffed them in a separate bag. When I stood back to check my work, I had two big bags and a small makeup bag. I decided I might want to bring a random summer dress. What if Jennie has a party? I wouldn't want to borrow one her dresses for her own party. And what if the weather is really nice? I'd need something nice and cool to wear. When I was done, it was only twelve thirty in the afternoon.

It was a hard decision, but I thought I'd pay Lisa a visit. I could tell that what I said really hurt her feelings. She probably never wanted to see my face again, but I needed to apologize and let her know I didn't mean a word I said.

I laid back on my bed, and put a hand on my forehead. What was I going to say? She probably wouldn't believe me, anyway. The way she looked at me after I yelled that it made me sick to my stomach. Why would I say such a thing? Her eyes told me that she didn't really believe the words I said, but her expression broke my heart. Thinking about it now brought tears to me eyes, but I wouldn't let them fall. The last thing I needed was my mom to walk in and see me crying over a girl.

I sat up, wiped the tears from my eyes and went to the mirror. I stared at myself and said, quietly, "I don't like Lisa."

I cringed. I was such a horrible liar. I couldn't believe she didn't see I was lying. Well, she wasn't looking at my face as I said it, thank goodness. Bambam probably saw that I was lying. Hopefully he talked to Lisa about it, but he most likely didn't. I hoped she forgive me. If she didn't, I don't know what I'd do.

I tapped my hands on the desk and stood up. I fixed my hair and walked to my shoes. I slipped those on and hurried downstairs. I yelled a quick goodbye to my mom as I opened the door.

"You're not going to see that girl, are you?" She popped her head out of the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I am mom. I need to apologize." My mom didn't know what happened between me and Lisa, but I let it slide, she didn't need to know.

I closed the door behind me and started for Lisa's house. It was a cold day and I thought about turning back to get my sweatshirt. Nah, I thought, this way she'd have to let me in the house. She wouldn't let me stand outside and freeze. Well, Bambam wouldn't, anyway.

As I neared her house, I slowed my steps. There was no need to rush, right? I thought about what I'd say to her, how I'd start. Here was how it played out in my head:

Me: "Hey, Lisa. I told your brother that I didn't like you. I kinda embarrassed you in front of your new girlfriend and I kind of embarrassed myself, too."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter