Chapter Seven

On and On and On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When our s'mores-making ran a little later than we had expected, Jennie suggested we have a sleepover. The first thing that crossed my mind was 'What if I had another dream about Lisa?' I would not be able to face either girl in the morning if that happened.

So, me being the stupid airhead I was when I was nervous, I asked, "Uh, wouldn't it be a little awkward for Lisa. You know, since she's, you know." I immediately regretted it when I said it. My face burned bright red and Jennie gave me a look. I'm so stupid, we all thought.

Lisa feigned a look of offence and joked along with me, which made me feel slightly less stupid. "Dude, I like girls, but that doesn't mean I want to sleep with every girl I see. Especially not my best friends!"

I blushed and looked away, laughing nervously even though I was totally embarrassed. I seriously couldn't believe I asked that out loud. "I knew that," I muttered.

"It's alright. Anyway, I wouldn't try anything on you guys because I've already got my eye on someone." Lisa shot us both a wink and my heart skipped a beat. She couldn't be talking about me, could she?

Jennie gasped, mocking a little tween who just found out some 'juicy details' and she chirped, "Ooh! Who is it?"

Lisa chewed on her bottom lip, looking between the two of us before replying, "You know the girl in our 5th period class? Sorn?" The three of us have the same 5th period class, so I thought back to the class to try to remember who Sorn was.

"Oh yeah! That girl with the bangs and the really straight hair? I know her." Jennie said, nodding her head as if she said something impressive.

Lisa grinned widely at Jennie. "Yep, she asked me if I wanted to study with her this weekend and she also invited me out to dinner. Some place called Genie's." The last word came out more like a question, probably asking if that place was a big deal.

"Damn, that place is a pretty big deal," I said. I tried to make myself sound excited for her, but something in me felt like crap because of her excitement.

"Wow, that's really exciting. So, do you think she's, like, interested?" Jennie asked, leaning in like they were sharing a big secret. I wished I could be just as enthralled like Jennie, but I just wasn't.

I wasn't about to admit I liked Lisa in that way, but I wished she would somehow know that I did and make it easier for me and not be with Sorn and just... I felt like screaming into my pillow.

Lisa smiled as if it were a pleasant thought, then shrugged her shoulders. "I hope so." I didn't want to be a part of this conversation, so I kind of zoned out until my phone started singing FXXK IT by BIG BANG. The girls got quiet and looked over at me. I quickly pulled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter