Chapter Eighteen

On and On and On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If I'd never met Lisa, I wouldn't be in this situation. If I'd never met Lisa, I would never have fallen for her. If I'd never met Lisa, I'd be dating Jimin without a care in the world. Jimin and I would've been happy if I'd never met Lisa. If we'd never met Lisa, I'm sure Jennie wouldn't have gotten herself a girlfriend and I wouldn't have kissed her. If Jennie never got a girlfriend, I wouldn't be in my temporary room, curled up in a ball on my bed. If I'd never met Lisa, things would be simple and easy and not depressing.

But if I'd never met Lisa, I wouldn't have met the girl of my dreams...

All these thoughts ran through my head as I hid in my room, away from Jennie and Jisoo. I wasn't sure if Jisoo told Jennie, but I wasn't about to go and find out. I didn't want to know. I didn't want to face the pain from Jennie. I just wanted things to go back to the way they were.

There was a knock at the door. "Rose?" Jennie called from the other side.

I stayed quiet. Jennie jiggled the doorknob, but it was locked so she couldn't come in. I stayed quiet and curled tighter into my ball.

"Chaeyoung, please open the door." It was Jisoo that pleaded. I got nervous at the sound of her voice. I couldn't face both of them at the same time.

Just then, at the most random time, the home phone rang. Jennie said she'd answer it, leaving Jisoo at the door. She knocked softly on the door and said quietly, "Rose, please let me in. We need to talk." She emphasized 'need.'

I was hesitant, but I eventually lugged myself out of bed to open the door. I didn't wait or say hi or look her in the face. I opened it and went straight back to my bed. I laid face first on the pillow. I felt Jisoo's light body put a gentle dip in the bed.

"Hey," she said quietly, in a calm tone. "Rose, are you okay?"

I grunted into the pillow. I could tell she wanted to my back. I felt her hand hovering over my body. Part of me really wanted her to touch me, but another part wanted her out of here.

"Rose, we need to talk about last night. I don't know what to tell Jennie."

For some reason, that comment pushed me over the edge. I sat up, leaning my back against the headrest still not meeting her eyes. "Tell her the truth," I hissed. "You deserve it. You deserve whatever she has to say."

She looked shocked for a moment. "Hey, it wasn't all me, you know? You were a big part of it, too."

"I know! And I feel terrible. That's why I want to tell her the truth." Jisoo looked scared. "But no, you don't want Jennie to get hurt and you don't want her to break up with you because it's all about you, right?" Why was I getting so mad? She was right, I was a big part of this affair too. I was to blame also.

"Rose, what's wrong with you?" Jisoo was mad, I could tell. She was backing up and looking at me like I was crazy.

"Me?" I asked, incredulously. "What's wrong with me? Do you really need to ask?"

"Whoa, guys, what's going on in here?" Jennie asked, walking into the room. Jisoo stared at me with tears in her eyes. She shook her head then stormed out of the room, crying. "Chichoo, where are you going?" Jennie called after her.

I glared out my bedroom window. I was going to tell Jennie whether Jisoo wanted me to or not. Jennie needs to know.

"What's her problem?" Jennie asked, coming to my side of the bed. "What's your problem?" she asked, noticing my glare.

I looked up at her. "I need to tell you something."

***'

"What?" Jennie looked horrified yet calm at the same time. She was devastated that her best friend would make out with her girlfriend, but I convinced her that it was the alcohol's fault. It had nothing to do with anything else. We were just two drunk girls, too drunk to know what was going on around us.

"Please don't be mad at her. Neither of us knew what we were doing last night. It was all my fault. You can't be mad at her." Jennie and Jisoo were so cute together, I'd hate to be the reason they broke up. Jennie was mad, of course, but she sat on the end of my bed, face in hands, thinking things through in her mind. I let her go. I let her sit there to think.

But after a while, like four or five minutes when she seemed to have a solution, I spoke up. "You okay?"

Her eyes were red, as if she'd been crying, but she took a brave breath. "Yep," she said.

"I'm really sorry, Jen," I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter