Chapter Sixteen

On and On and On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"When did this happen? How did this happen?" I asked in disbelief. Jennie had a girlfriend. I couldn't believe it. Well, it probably wouldn't be as awkward telling her about Lisa. I guess I kinda liked the fact that Jennie was... like Lisa. And me?

Jennie smiled as Jisoo sat next to her on the couch in her cozy living room. I couldn't tell if Jennie was living alone or with her parents. Her parents weren't at the house when I was, but the subject never came up, either. "I don't know, it just did."

Jisoo put her arm around Jennie's shoulders. "Uh, she's the one that asked me out. Just putting that in there," she said, as a matter of fact. "Way to leave that part out."

Jennie smiled sheepishly. "Well, yeah..." Jennie wiped some crumbs off of Jisoo's cheek and she slapped her hand away. "Calm down, you've got crumbs."

Jisoo made a face. "Don't touch my face, weirdo." She glared at Jennie in a joking matter, which made Jennie  her face. "Groooss!" Jisoo cried, but Jennie had her wrapped tightly in her arms so she couldn't wiggle her way out. They struggled and giggled and they made me laugh at their cuteness.

"Aw! You guys are too cute together!" I gushed. Jennie loosened her grip and Jisoo moved away just a little.

"Oh, shut it." Jennie waved the thought away. She was a totally different person, nothing like the best friend that left me standing in her old driveway all those weeks ago.

Jisoo quickly shot up in the air. "Drinks! Who's thirsty?" Jennie and I both raised our hands. Jisoo skipped to the kitchen.

"So...?" Jennie said eagerly.

"So, you're totally not the same person I was friends with a few weeks ago! You're a totally different person. What happened to you!?" I laughed. I thought it was a good thing that she changed, but it was going to take a while to get used to.

Jennie gave a sincere smile. "She happened to me." I felt like everything slowed down at that moment. It was the sweetest thing I've ever heard from a real person's mouth. Not from some soap opera or reality TV show. It was so sweet.

"Aw, that's sweet, babe," Jisoo said as she entered the living room with three cans of Coca Cola. Jennie made a face but smiled sheepishly. Jisoo sat on her lap and gave Jennie the most passionate kiss I've ever seen. Thoughts of when Lisa kissed me came rushing back and the tingling feeling it gave me made me clear my throat.

Jennie and Jisoo stopped kissing and Jisoo sat to the side of Jennie. "Sorry, forgot we had a guest," Jisoo said, almost embarrassed.

I waved the thought away. "No, no. its fine. I was thinking about something. Sorry."

Jisoo looked at me with an intense look in her eyes. "You were thinking of someone special, weren't you?" she said in a sing-song tone and winked at me.

I felt my cheeks flush but tried to hide it with a smile. Jennie leaned on her knees and gasped. "Oh my gosh, you totally were! Who is it? Who's that special someone?" Jennie teased.

"What? Nothing. No one. Its nothing." Lisa, Lisa, Lisa. I liked Lisa. But I couldn't tell her that. Not yet.

"What about that Jimin guy I heard so much about?" Jisoo added.

I gave Jennie a flat look. "You really told her everything, didn't you?" I looked at Jisoo and smiled tightly. "Uh, we're not together. That was a bad phase. I'm glad I'm over him."

Jennie gasped. "You guys broke up!? Whyyy?"

I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my Coke. "That boy was a pig. Freakin' loser." I shook my head.

"Loser!? You were so upset when he randomly up and left the state without even telling you!" Jennie reminded me. "And you guys were so obsessed with each other that first time around. Now he's a freaking loser?"

"Yes! I realized all he wanted was my body." I said a little loudly. Everyone got quiet. "Well, this time around," I said in a quieter tone, sinking back in my seat.

"Oh," Je

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter