Chapter Four

On and On and On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up the next morning, but I didn't bother getting out of bed right away. I lay there with my head buried deep in the pillows too groggy and too upset to do anything. Last night I had been thinking a lot about everything Jennie would say to dissuade me from being so caught up on Jimin and some of it helped.

My phone vibrated a few times. Texts, I thought, no doubt from Jennie. I reached over and picked up my phone. My messages were spammed by Jennie and my call log was spammed with missed calls from both Jennie and Lisa. I only received one text from Lisa saying, "Jennie told me what happened. I want to help!"

I quickly dialed Jennie's number and before she could even say hello I started, "You told Lisa!? Why would you do that!? She's going to think I'm pathetic and hopeless."

"Calm down," Jennie said calmly."She's got a right to know. She's our friend now. Plus, she wants to help."

I wasn't sure why exactly I was worried about how Lisa saw me. I didn't want her to see me as one of those girls who cries over something a guy does wrong. I didn't want to look desperate for a guy's attention, but why was it so important to me that Lisa didn't see me like that? I didn't know.

I sighed into the phone. "Fine. How does she want to help exactly?"

"Don't ask me. She tried calling you, call her back."

I suddenly became nervous at the thought of having to call her. "Okay, I'll call her," I found myself saying. We hung up and my finger was hovering over Lisa's cell phone number. I cleared my throat and sat up straight in bed so that I wouldn't sound like an idiot on the phone. I cleared my throat once more. Why was I so nervous!? I decided to go with the fact that it was only because we'd never actually spoken over the phone with each other and I was a generally awkward person. I nodded at the thought and called Lisa's phone.

She answered on the second ring, answering with a hurried: "Rose! Ohmygosh I heard the whole story I'm so sorry I feel for you hun." She said those few sentences as if it was all one word.

"Hi," was all I could say at the moment.

"Are you doing okay?"

I cringed at her question. It wasn't even a big deal. I wanted to tell her that, but all I said was "I'm doing fine."

"I'm coming over," she blurted out.

"Lisa, you really don't have to. Nothing's wrong," I protested.

"I don't care," she said in a sing-song voice. "I'm still coming over whether something's wrong or not."

Butterflies flew around in my stomach at the sound of those words coming from her. "Well, fine. My mom is leaving at twelve, come by around then."

"That's in a half hour, you know?" I heard the grin on her face as she spoke. "I'll be there. See ya then!" She ended the call before I could say anything else.

I took the phone away from my ear after a moment. This girl was a piece of work. She was really something else. I couldn't help but smile at the thought, but I was quickly snapped out of it when I realized I only had thirty minutes to get ready.

I quickly jumped out of bed and rushed to my bathroom, getting ready for the day ahead of me. For once I was worried about what I'd wear. I was careful to pick out a shirt and pants that would accent the best parts of me. I fluffed my hair nicely and put on a light layer of chap stick, seeing as I wasn't a lip gloss kind of girl. I slipped on my Toms and went to the kitchen where I figured my mother would be, but she wasn't there. I wasn't too worried about it, I knew she was at work and I didn't have to bother with explaining that Lisa will be over.

I smiled to myself and went to the stove to boil some water for tea. By the time the kettle whistled, the doorbell was ringing. I turned the stove off, took a deep breath and walked over to the door, opening it to see a smiling little blondy.

"Rose!" She said, spreading her arms open for me to hug her. And I did.

"Hi, Lisa," I replied.

She pulled back and looked at me. "I brought movies and sweets and my cuddles." She smiled and nodded once as if she'd checked the list once more.

"Well, come on in." I stepped back so there was room enough for her to come inside and she did. She entered the living room and paused to take a look around. I walked up next to her and looked around where she looked. "It's not much," I started saying, but she looked at me an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter