Chapter Six

On and On and On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I lay on my side so that I was facing her. She looked so beautiful as she lay on her back with her head facing me and the water ringlets from her wet hair dripped down her bare shoulders. Her amused grin and wild eyes gleamed at me and I gleamed back. "That was a nice shower," she said and I replied with, "The actual showering or...?" but I didn't get to finish because Lisa's giggling mouth leaned in to meet mine in a kiss, soft and sweet. I laughed against her lips as they moved in sync with one another. Lisa pushed my shoulder so that I lay on my back, crawling into my lap so that she straddled me, all while never breaking the kiss. She even kept the kiss going as she mumbled a question into my mouth: "Can we go again?"

We were interrupted by my phone and I d my sheets to find it, waking from my dream to talk to Jennie who was calling me.

~

"You're what!?"

"Jeesh, calm down! It's not like we're never going to see each other again!" Jennie said on the other end of the phone.

I took a breath and calmed down a bit. "Okay... So, where are you moving to?"

There was a pause before she answered, "New Zealand. Oh, hey, Lisa told me about her visit last night."

"Jennie! Don't change the subject! You're moving to New Zealand!? WHAT? How can you move to New Zealand!?" I yelled. I flopped down on my bed with my hand on my forehead.

"Well, my dad's mom is there and the doctors are saying she only has about a year to live. My dad just wants to be there for my grandma while she... you know."

I stayed quiet. I didn't even think about that. I was worried about losing my best friend, not about how serious the situation might be. After a second, I said, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"Hey, don't worry about it. I know how hard it is to have a best friend move far away." She chuckled. It made me smile to know that she could laugh at time like this. "So, you're coming to help me pack, right?" It was more of a statement rather than a question, but I still said yes, I'd be there.

"Good," Jennie said. "Lisa's coming, too."

Crap, I've been so caught up with Jennie moving, I didn't have time to think about my dream about Lisa. Suddenly it all came rushing to my mind. " Oh, great!" I said in a chipper tone, masking my airy tone.

We hung up after a few more minutes of chatting about nothing in particular and I chucked my phone across the room.

How was I supposed to be there for my best friend if my other best friend, who happens to drive my subconscious crazy, is sitting next to me, helping me pack clothes? How can I comfort Jennie if Lisa is sitting next to me, driving my hormones insane? Which no doubt she would because that dream left me pretty heated...

Yes, I hate to admit it, but, now that I thought about it, I had strong feelings for Lisa. And she'd never said anything about another girl before so, who knows, maybe my mom was right and she kinda did like me too? Maybe I was getting in over my head, but I just didn't know what to do anymore. Now that I was positive about my feelings for her, I noticed every little detail about everything: when our arms brushed against each other, how close we'd be standing, how far apart we were and how bad I wanted that dream to become true. It was a bit weird.

She was one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter