Chapter Seventeen

On and On and On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We hurried into the house and changed into clean, dry clothes. Jennie grabbed us some blankets and we all huddled around the beautiful fireplace in the living room. Jisoo hurried into the kitchen to make us some cups of hot chocolate.

"So," Jennie said, not missing a beat. "Who do you have your eye on?"

"No, don't say it yet! The hot chocolate's not ready!" Jisoo called from the kitchen. I laughed and shrugged while Jennie scowled.

"So," I started. "Do you two live together?" I asked Jennie. She shook her head and shuffled to get comfortable.

"I still live with my parents. But they went back to Korea for two weeks on some business thing. I told them I'd have a friend over the time they were away. Little did they know, that friend was my girlfriend." She winked. I smiled as if saying, "Clever girl." Jisoo came out with the hot chocolates in her hands. She smiled sheepishly at Jennie and sat as close to her as possible.

"So, your parents don't know? About you two, I mean."

Jennie shrugged. "Nah, why tell them if they'd only be pissed, right?" I thought about my best friend's words.

"I know what you mean." I nodded my head slowly.

"So who do you have your eye on!?" Jisoo couldn't keep her excitement in anymore. My eyes widened and I laughed.

"Do I really have to tell you?" I felt my cheeks turning red at the thought of telling them. They nodded expectantly and vigorously. I let out an exasperated sigh. "Fine! If you must know, I have my eye on Lisa." I brought my knees up to my chest and buried my face in them. Jennie gasped in glee, but I could tell Jisoo was a little lost.

"Oh, my god!" Jennie shrieked in excitement. "I knew you two would be together! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!"

"Lisa?" Jisoo asked.

"Ya know, the one I told you about who was totally in love with Rose? They finally admitted their looove!" she said happily.

My head snapped up and I looked at her as if she were an idiot. "We didn't admit anything! There's no love, and I doubt she ever wants to see me again." I buried my head in my knees again, feeling stupid.

"What do you mean? There so is love! You even said it!" Jennie argued.

"I said I had my eye on her. She has a girlfriend, and things were said that made her hate my guts for all eternity." The look on her face when heard me say that flashed into mind. Why did I have to say it so loud? Why did I have to say it at all? I felt like an idiot.

"Oh." Jennie said, finally sobered up. Jisoo sat next to her, sipping her hot chocolate with interest. "Sorn?"

I nodded in my knees. "I thought... Never mind. It's stupid." I waved the thought away.

"That she was only dating Sorn to get you jealous?" Jisoo said in an understanding way. I looked up at her in surprise.

"Well, yeah. That's exactly it."

Jennie and Jisoo shared a look. "Well," Jennie drawled. "She was."

I blinked hard at her. "What?" I said sharply.

"She started dating Sorn to get you jealous," Jennie explained. "But she told me that you and Jimin were getting pretty serious. She thought dating Sorn wouldn't make you jealous anymore, so she thought a dinner would be a good place to talk about the two of you. But she couldn't have a dinner without inviting her girlfriend, so it was a lost cause. And when you and Sorn started to befriend each other, Lisa lost all hope of you ever actually liking her."

I stared at her blankly. "And you know this how?"

Jennie shrugged. "We talk a lot. She said, after the dinner, that she was certain, no doubt in her mind that you didn't like her. She called me in tears, but she didn't tell me what you said exactly."

I slapped a hand to my forehead. "I said I didn't like her. I shouted it to the whole house!"

Jisoo gasped. "Why would you do that?"

"Not on purpose!"

"Wow. That ." Jisoo emphasized the word .

I gave her a flat look. "Thank you."

"So, you haven't talked since?" Jennie asked.

"Nope." I wanted to roll up in a ball and rock until I fell into a hole to die. "I just want to get my mind off of all this crap. That's why I came her, after all." Jennie nodded slowly with that look on her face that said, "I'm thinking of a brilliant plan," a look I knew all too well. "What are you thinking?" I asked carefully.

Jennie's smile slowly crept into a grin. "We're going to have a party to get your mind off of everything that's happened!"

"That's a terrible idea!" Jisoo said just as I said, "That could work."

"Really?" Jisoo asked me.

I nodded and shrugged one shoulder. "Yeah, why not?"

Jisoo looked taken aback. "Well, I didn't think you'd be too comfortable. That's all. But I guess we could through a party." She immediately cheered up.

"Great!" Jennie clapped her hands and pulled out her cell phone. We can invite everyone! You're going to love them!"

I played with the end of my blanket. "Um, Jackson said that it was hard to find a straight girl around here. Was he being serious?"

"Ooh, right, Jackson. You probably don't want him here, huh? Talk about awkward." Jennie said, jabbing away at her phone.

"Was he being serious?" I asked again.

"Well, maybe he was exaggerating a little, but pretty much, yeah." Jisoo answered.

I nodded slowly. "No, invite Jackson. He'd be the only one I'd know. Knowing you two, you'd be off making out in the bathroom or something. Again, might I add?"

Jisoo's face turned red, but Jennie gave a proud smile. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to pee." She gave another proud smile and hopped off to the bathroom. Jisoo watched her walk away while I watched the fire.

"You're not sure if you really like Lisa, are you?" she asked me quietly. She scooted over, sitting next to me.

"What do you mean?" I side glanced at her.

She smiled suggestively. "You need something to really tell you that you really do like girls."

I gave her a quizzical look. "What?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe," she leaned closer to my ear and whispered, breathlessly, "a kiss?" My eyes went wide, but my heart started pumping faster. She pulled her head away from mine a little bit and I turned my head towards her. Our faces were a few inches apart. My breath came in short hollow gasps. She was smirking down at my lips and I quickly glanced at hers. My heart started beating impossibly faster. "Go ahead." Her hot breath against my lips made them tingle and ache for her lips. But I knew it was wrong. She was Jennie's girlfriend. My best friend's girlfriend.

I opened my mouth as if to kiss her, but said, "I can't," in a squeaky quiet voice. Jisoo didn't seem fazed by my deny, she just stayed there, smirking and watching my lips.

"Whatever you say," she breathed against my lips. "But you'll be begging me later." She put her nose to mine, then hopped up to go to the kitchen. I didn't bother to watch her descending back. I heard Jennie's footsteps coming down the stairs. I couldn't tell her what just happened. It would crush her.

"WOO! Who's ready to par-tay!?" she called when she was at the bottom of the steps.

'***

We spent the rest of the night setting up for the pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter