B.A.P // YoungJae

One-Shot Compilation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Unlucky Strike[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

It was the night of a blood red full moon when YoungJae had wailed at the moon with his snout up in the air while sitting on his back legs covered in brown fur. It was such a peaceful night with no one in sight that for a short moment, YoungJae forgot all about himself not being a human but a wolf instead. He felt normal. He felt human.

But he was not, and with one last wail at the moon, he hit the ground with a heavy paw, doing his rounds over the big forest at the edge of the small village near which he and his family, his true friends, his pack had settled in. And yet as he moved about, there was nothing in sight, nothing to rid him of his thoughts about the human life and the endless possibilities that came along.

Just before turning into the path that lead back to his little stash of clothes hidden in the roots of a dead tree he stopped, frozen to the very core of his heart as he sniffled the air. Something smelled nice. In fact, it was so nice YoungJae was tempted to spin around and jog back to the place where he was wailing into the moon just a couple of hours ago.

And so he did, while running taking in deep sniffs of air to waft at the perfume that made him salivate. It smelt of strawberries mixed with vanilla, a gentle scent that made him feel as if he was in cloud nine.

When he was nearing the opening of trees on the cliff was when the scent hit him dead on, washing over him like a wave, basking him in warmth like being out in the field on a sunny day. He felt in a complete bliss, sweet and calm. When his eyes landed on the form at the ledge he stopped dead in his tracks, back pedalling just a little bit to be hidden by the shroud of trees and bushes, away from the eye.

The person was sitting on the same exact spot where YoungJae had been on before, looking up at the blood red moon, the air around them seeming stiff and sad, making YoungJae’s heart clench in that same exact pain. He didn’t understand why then, for all he knew about that person was the fact that it was a human girl, and that terrified him of all that was about to come.

He ran away.

As much as he wanted to experience the human life on his own skin without feeling urges to rip a person to shreds by taking on his wild image, YoungJae still hated waking up early and going out to work. Work . Major. But he had to; it was up to him to make money for his pack in order to have enough for necessary supplies. So, he went and woke up early, worked, and came back home late and tired. He got used to it.

This time was different, though. As he woke up, right from the start, YoungJae felt like a new man. Full of energy and positivity, enthusiasm, even. He feared thinking that it was because of the girl he saw the day previous.

Quickly running about the house and grabbing everything he needed he set out, speed walking through the streets and stopping for a split second when he caught the smell once again. The sweet, sweet strawberry and vanilla. He wanted to run there and then again, particularly when he realized that the scent was coming closer.

YoungJae was not stupid, he knew where it was going. Seeing as he was not far from his workplace, and it was a café where morning people frequented all the time, that’s where the scent was headed. That morning, his shift was near the counter, looking over the money and taking orders. Just his luck, as always.

However, as much as his consciousness was against this meeting, YoungJae’s inner most feelings were completely opposite of that. He was happy, if not ecstatic, at the prospect of meet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter