Chapter 6

Why me?

About a million things where going through his head as he stared at the petit beauty stood at his door, wrapped in an oversized hoodie that looked like it was about expose his shoulder.

"Can we talk?" Baekhyun wasn't looking at him, he kept his eyes to Chanyeol's feet, which where covered by fluffy slippers.
"Yeah- sure come in." He opened the door and ran ahead to clear up all the dirty plates that where still in the sink.

The brunet followed behind, taking in the incredible lifestyle Chanyeol lived.
"Sorry it's a mess I wasn't expecting anyone." Chanyeol explained over his shoulder while he threw rubbish in the bin.

"I don't mean to be rude but why are you here?" Chanyeol asked, he still hadn't got his head around the fact that Byun Baekhyun was in his house, stepping on his floor, breathing his air, probably thinking he was a complete slob.

"Um, about the phone thingy.. I'm sorry for storming out and leaving you." Baekhyun fiddled with the strap of his bag.
"It was immature and ungrateful of me and I'm sorry." He bowed and turned around, ready to leave.

"Wait!" Chanyeol ran up, standing in the way of Baekhyun and the doorway, he didn't know what possessed him to do this but he had finally gotten closer to the small brunet and he wasn't going to throw away this opportunity to get the smaller on his own, however creepy and desperate that sounded.

"Sorry it's just I never get company." Chanyeol lied.

"Oh. Do you want me to stay? I can for a bit." Chanyeol's heart felt like it would burst from beating too much.

"And we can do the history project."

Better than nothing, Chanyeol would take what he could get.

 


~.~

 


"Ugh, I'm shattered." Baekhyun stretched his arms above his head in the most adorable way, letting out a silent yawn and blinking contentedly.

Chanyeol could help but giggle at the smaller's adorableness, his glasses where falling down his face so without thinking Chanyeol reached foreword and took them off, placing them of the coffee table in front of the sofa they where sitting on.

"Why do you wear glasses? You don't need them." Chanyeol frowned, secretly happy that the little beauty did or everyone would be all over him.

"I guess it's to hide." Baekhyun explained. "I was really shy when I first started school, I feel invisible when I'm hiding behind the frames." Baekhyun chuckled, his cheeks tinting red at the confession.

"You don't have to wear glasses when you're with me, okay?" Chanyeol looked into Baekhyun's rich crescent eyes, he felt like he could get lost in them.

The latter nodded, lowering his head slightly so his fringe reached his thick eyelashes.
"Adorable." Chanyeol spoke without realising.
"W-what?" Baekhyun's eyes shot up to meet Chanyeols shocked ones, a deep blush spreading all over his cheeks.

Baekhyun brought his dainty hands up to hide the burning heat on his face, looking away in embarrassment.

"You." Chanyeol spoke again, not knowing where this new serge of confidence came from, probably seeing his puppy all flustered.

"Don't say stuff like that or I'll start to believe it." Baekhyun smiled, words slightly muffled but his hands.

"You should." Chanyeol leaned forward, planting a light kiss on Baekhyun's forehead, smelling his sweet strawberry shampoo.

 


~.~

 


Baekhyun couldn't sleep that night. Why had that stupid giant had to mess up all his feelings and make him confused.

Sometimes he wished he could be more like Luhan, no one knew what he was thinking, he could hide his feelings and leave people with no strings attached.

Baekhyun wasn't. That's why he was scared to get close to people, it made him confused and dependant.

Without thinking he picked up his phone, typing a message.


To: LuLu (^з^)

Do you have Chanyeol's number ??

From: LuLu (^з^)

Of course. Whyy?

To: LuLu (^з^)

...because I want to talk to him.

From: LuLu (^з^)

XXXX XXXXXX

There, use protection !! ( ^ω^ )


Baekhyun took a deep breath and typed in the number.

To: Chanyeol

Heyy it's Baek, do you have a moment ??

Not quite right..


Hi Chanyeol it's Baekhyun

Too bland..


Hey cutie ;)

Just... no.


After what felt like a lifetime, he typed in a message and closed his eyes tight, pressing send and throwing his phone across his bedroom to stop himself from changing his mind and chickening out.

 


~.~

 


Chanyeol's phone buzzed, distracting him from getting to sleep, who texts at this hour with no explanation?
Oh yeah, Oh Sehun.

He reached for his phone and squinted at the blinding light of the phone screen, rubbing his eyes he opened the message.


From: Unknown Number

Hey Chanyeol's it's Baekhyun, sorry it's late. Can you talk ?


Chanyeol choked on his own saliva.
How did Baek get his number??
What did he do in a previous life to be rewarded like this??

He quickly replied, hoping it didn't seem like he was too desperate.

To: Baek <3

Sure, I was awake anyway :)


He sat staring at his phone screen, waiting for his puppy to reply.
Every second felt like years.
Should he have put a smiley face?
Was it too much?
Oh great now he looked desperate.

 


~.~

 


Baekhyun's phone buzzed loudly from the end of his bed, where he had thrown it to not so long ago.

From: Chanyeol

Sure, I was awake anyway :)

Ignoring his obviously sweaty hands and quickening heart rate he sent another message, this time without a single thought or care. He just wanted to get the question over with.

 


~.~

 


From Baek <3

What was today about? Do you like me?

 


~.<

 


Author's note:

 

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, ChanBaek fluff coming soon I promise :))