Chapter 12

Why me?

Luhan woke to a bright light shining down on his big doe eyes, causing them to flutter open. He immediately became aware of two very prominent things. Number one; His head felt like it had been stamped on by a herd if elephants and number two; this definitely was not his room and therefore not his bed.

Realisation sunk in and he jolted upright, immediately regretting it as shooting pains ran to his head causing him to groan in pain.
He tried to slowly get out of bed but his head was throbbing so much in the end he gave up and decided to wait it out, hopefully whoever's room this is won't return in the meantime.

He tried to gather as much memory of last night as he could, he remembered dancing in a crowd of people, being offered a drink that was definitely very alcoholic, drinking the drink, Baekhyun on the verge of tears... everything after that was completely blank. Cursing inwardly for his low alcohol tolerance and having an argument with himself in his head, he didn't hear the door being opened softly.

"I see you're awake, how's your head?" Luhan stiffened. He knew that voice, he'd know it anywhere.

He turned his head to face the handsome man standing at the side of the bed. How could this situation get any worse?

Sehun put his head to one side, waiting for a reply. As soon as their eyes locked, Luhan's memory of last night started to return, he remembered everything and he wanted the ground to swallow him up. No, scrap that, he just wanted to die on the spot.

"Look S-Sehun- I know there was a misunderstanding and- you see, I was drunk and not myself so if you want me to leave then-" Luhan rambled, too anxious to remember his throbbing head.

Sehun silenced his by placing a finger against Luhan's pretty pink lips. "I've made pancakes, you should eat." Sehun gave Luhan a small smile, retreating his hand reluctantly.

 

~.<

 

Baekhyun collapsed on his bed with his hands on his cheeks, hiding his blush.

Chanyeol had just left so it was a matter of time before his mum would barge in demanding explanations and asking what colour schemes they're having for their wedding.

"Honey are you okay in there?" He could hear the smile in her voice. He loved his mum but ever since he came out to her all she has talked about was finding him a charming husband and adopting kids.
She pushed the door open softly, poking her head in cautiously.

"Can I help you?" Baekhyun sat up on his bed, tilting his head like a puppy.

"You haven't told me all about your new boyfriend." She squealed excitedly, sitting next to him and wrapping her arms around her sons shoulders, trying to get information out of him.

"He's not my boyfriend." Baekhyun couldn't help but smile slightly at the thought.

His mum scoffed, not believing him for a second. "Lair, I saw the way you looked at each other."

Baekhyun felt his cheeks go bright red as the image of Chanyeol's big dark eyes replayed in his head.

"I knew it! You're blushing!" She exclaimed, covering in excitement. "Tell me about him, he looked older, is he older?"

"Mum~!" Baekhyun whined, pushing her away gently. "I'm tired."

"Okay fine then." She got up, faking a hurt expression. "I'll just ask later then." She ruffled Baekhyun's already messy hair and walked out of the room.

 

 

~.<

 

 

"Remind me why you're here again." Kyungsoo asked as he made two coffees.

"Look, you running off from the party really worried me, that's all." Jongin lied, watching disappointment flash through Kyungsoo's big doe eyes.

"Right. Well I'm fine." Kyungsoo turned around so his ex couldn't see how hurt he was. He had got his hopes up as per usual and thought that just maybe Jongin missed him.

The room was silent apart from the stir of the coffee machine and Kyungsoo's occasional sniffle. He kept his eyes on the coffee, refusing to turn and face Jongin.

If he was just here because he saw him run off then why did he hug him? Kyungsoo frowned, so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't sense Jongin behind him until he felt heat on his back, startled, he turned around.

"The coffee was done." Jongin mumbled as he reached over Kyungsoo's shoulder to grab his mug, he was so close that Kyungsoo was sure Jongin could hear his heart beating through his jumper.

"Oh.. thanks." The smaller ducked his head slightly, looking at Jongin through his dark fringe.

Jongin placed his coffee mug next to Kyungsoo on the counter top, maintaining eye contact. His eyes softened as he looked into Kyungsoo's.

So many unwanted emotions surged through Kyungsoo at once that moment their eyes locked. Regret, anger, sadness, longing, confusion. It was too much, Kyungsoo puts on a strong act to hide his emotions but this was beyond his limit.

He broke down. Completely. Tears streamed down his face, soaking his think dark eyelashes. All the bottled up emotions from this night finally showed themselves.

"Soo.." Jongin whispered, trying to wipe the tears from Kyungsoo's cheeks.

"W-why her?" Kyungsoo choked out, looking up at Jongin with glazed eyes and tears flowing.

"What are you talking about?" Jongin asked, reaching for Kyungsoo's hand.

"Why my sister? W-why so quickly? Did I mean nothing to you?" Jongin's eyes widened, he had no idea he had been effecting his Kyungsoo like this and it pained him to see the boy he loved so upset.

"You saw?" Jongin asked, wincing at the revelation.

Kyungsoo scoffed, wiping away stray tears. "What? You and Hyolyn happily lip-locking like newly weds? I wish I hadn't." Kyungsoo pushed Jongin aside and grabbed his mug, walking up the stairs to his room, leaving Jongin alone.

 

 

~.<

 

 

Luhan made his way down Chanyeol's staircase cautiously, he could sell pancakes coming from the kitchen and he had to stop himself from fangirling over the fact that Sehun was cooking for him. Stepping over the empty beer cans and the occasional passed out teenager, he made his way to the doorway of the modern open-plan kitchen, leaning against the doorframe and taking the time to appreciate how good Sehun's skinny jeans made his look.

"Come and eat." Sehun turned his head to look at Luhan who pulled his gaze away from the taller's body to the counter and barstools.

"It feels odd being in Chanyeol's house when Chanyeol isn't here." Luhan thought out loud as he sat down in front of a plate of piled steaming pancakes and different toppings Sehun had organised around his plate.

Sehun hummed in agreement, turning off the stove and taking a seat opposite Luhan.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Luhan asked innocently as he took his first bite.

"Nah, I'm not hungry." Sehun's face showed no expression towards the small blonde as he watched him eat but his eyes said differently.

 

 

~.<

 

 

 

Authors Note:

Sooooo I started writing a new story yesterday, it's a coffee shop AU where Yeol is a barista and Baekhyun works in finance. It's called Soo Coffee feel free to read :)

If you have any suggestions then you can message me, I'm up for ideas :)

 

ily <3