Chapter 1

Why me?

Baekhyun found happiness in the simple things, he wasn't a materialistic person and kept himself to himself. He was a complete loner apart from his two best friends, Luhan and Kyungsoo.

"Baekhyun~ You're going to be late for school sweetheart." Mrs Byun glanced over her shoulder at her son who had been frowning to himself for what seemed like a century, adamant he'd forgotten something. 
"Okay okay, I'm leaving now, I've got to pick up Luhan on the way." Baekhyun muttered, slinging his rucksack over his shoulder and practically sprinting to his ,deer-like, friend's house. 

"What the heck took you so long?? Come on we're gonna miss them!" Luhan practically screamed, grabbing Baekhyun by the wrist and dragging him down the driveway. "Why do you care if we don't see the man- today?" Baekhyun questioned, rolling his eyes at his friends attempts to look intimidating as he dragged him to school. Luhan stopped pulling his friend and shoved his hands in his pockets as he walked alongside Baekhyun. "Sehun's not a man-." He glanced at Baekhyun, looking genuinely hurt. "You don't know that Lu, you shouldn't get your hopes up. Boys like that don't even know we exist." Baekhyun sighed, he didn't have any interest in dating anyone at the moment, being an A* student he had his mind focused on his exam results and not who had the biggest in his science class, unlike Luhan, who reckoned it was Sehun.  
"Plus they're seniors, they're a year older than us." Baekhyun continued, ignoring what a bad mood his words had put Luhan in.

They reached the school gate just in time to see the usual red sports car pull up, belonging to Kim Jongin, a senior who had so much money he could wipe his with it. 
Baekhyun turned around and begun walking to class, against the wave of girls who where running to get a better look at the three boys who where in the car. "Baek, where are you going?" Luhun tugged at the sleeve of Baekhyun's loose hoodie in an attempt to make him stay and watch the man the myth the legend that was Oh Sehun.
"To class." Baekhyun snapped bluntly. "But-" Luhan tried to reason. "Lu, it's okay, you stay here. I'm just going to my locker." 

Baekhyun opened his locker, snatching out his books for the first few lessons of the day before fixing his messy brown fringe and adjusting his oversized glasses. He didn't actually need glasses but he liked to hide behind them, they made him feel invisible. Obviously there was the bullying that came with wearing them but Baekhyun had always been able to take it. 

 

~.~

 

Jongin's car stopped abruptly, making Chanyeol jolt awake from the back seat. He squinted at the screaming girls that had already surrounded the car. "Come on sleepy head." Sehun hit the back of his head, earning a death glare. 
Chanyeol winced at the noise as he stepped out onto the pavement. No wonder people where starting to go to lessons early, the sound of desperate screaming girls is not the best thing to hear when you've just woken up. He watched everyone scurry inside but one dainty figure caught his eye. 
Byun Baekhyun.
He'd be able to recognise him anywhere. 


"I don't know why you're so caught up on him Yeol." Jongin said, trying to keep the food he was eating in his mouth while he talked.  
"I just can't take my eyes off him." Chanyeol stated, staring across the cafeteria at the brunet who was laughing at something his friends said. 
"Why? He's a total loser." Sehun said, not taking his eyes off his phone.
"What has he done to be labelled that?" Chanyeol asked, his voice stern and slightly scary. 
Sehun and Jongin  looked at each other before shrugging. "It's the glasses." They stated in unison.
"I think he's cute." Chanyeol muttered mostly to himself.
"Then ask him out, there's nothing to loose, if he says no you can say it was a joke and everyone will believe you." Sehun smiled at his plan.
"And get flat out rejected? No thanks." Chanyeol said bitterly, turning his head to the table Baekhyun usually sat with his two other friends who Chanyeol knew as Luhan and Kyungsoo. 
"Fine, don't. But you have to stop being so ridged Yeol." Jongin pointed his chopsticks at Chanyeol. 
"Come to the party tonight." Sehun said excitedly. 
"I'll think on it." Chanyeol muttered, not really listening. 
"I agree, you need to forget about Baekhyun and have some fun for once. You where the king of parties before you got hung up on Byun." Jongin sighed. 

 

~.~

 

"And then the had the ing nerve to flip me off as I tried to make a dramatic exit!" Luhan threw his chopsticks down on the table with rage, earning odd looks from others around him. 
"Lu, you where the one who told her she was fat." Baekhyun tried to reason, picking at his food and half listening. 
"I did not! Don't mix my words Byun!! I gave the number to my gym. That's all."
The blonde sulked, crossing his arms and frowning.
"You told her that it will trim her belly and turn her from a 1 to a 5.3." Kyungsoo chipped in.
"Well she can thank me when her tinder dates start working out." Luhan flipped his platinum blonde fringe and picked up his chopsticks, nibbling and his food. 
"And you where banned from Top Shop." Baekhyun said, giggling at the memory.
Luhun sighed dramatically, "I am not banned, I am temporarily not wanted." He rolled his eyes.
"It would be okay if that was our worst shopping trip with you Lu." Kyungsoo said, pointing a his chopsticks at his friend. 
"I only make things interesting." Luhan smirked and the three burst out laughing.

 

~.~

 

"What do you think they're laughing at?" Chanyeol asked
"I don't know, what do geeks talk about?" Jongin raised an eyebrow at his whipped friend. 
"You need to get out more Chanyeol it's kinda sad." Sehun pointed out.

 


~.~