Chapter 2

Why me?


Baekhyun had always loved maths, unlike a lot of people he found the equations easy and simple. 
The same could not be said for Chanyeol, the only interesting thing in maths for him was the voice of a certain brunet who knew the answers to everything. He spent the hours hopelessly staring at the back of Baekhyun's head, and feeling his heart flutter every time the puppy answered a question. 
Baekhyuns voice; he would have to add that to the hundreds of other things that made him so helplessly in love with the small brunet. It was so angelic, the way pronounced every syllable was music to Chanyeol's, elf like, ears, he was aware he looked like a bit of a creep staring at Baekhyun so much but he couldn't help it. 

He'd had a crush on the younger since he joined the school. His first thought was how scared Baekhyun looked. He was so much smaller and weaker than the others. Almost fragile looking, but beautiful, truly beautiful. Too bad he hid behind oversized glasses and hoodie or everyone would be all over him. 
He was the first person to ever make the Park Chanyeol nervous. 

The giant's friends soon noticed the change in his attitude towards other girls, he was no longer the notorious over confident playboy that they had grown to respect. And Baekhyun still had no idea how much he was to blame for this change.


~.~

 

"I'm gonna do it."
"You said this yesterday." Sehun pointed out as they where collecting their stuff from their lockers at the end of the day.
"I'm serious this time!" Chanyeol exclaimed, slamming his locker for empathises.
"He probably doesn't even know you like him." Sehun shrugged, combing his hand through his hair as some girls walked by blushing. 
Chanyeol frowned. "That's true, I haven't actually spoken to him. Do you think I stand a chance?"
"Yeol." Sehun sighed, placing a hand on his friends shoulder. "Most people in this school would kill to date you. Geek Kid is the least of your concerns." 
"Don't call him that." Chanyeol scowled, pushing Sehuns hand off his shoulder. 
"Okay." Sehun held his hands up in defence.
"Let's just go." Chanyeol pushed through the girls blocking his way.

 

~.~

 

"Please~ Baek~"
"Lu stop whining. I'm not going." Baekhyun flipped the page of his book, not sparing Luhan a glance.
"But you'll miss out! And Sehun's gonna be there! Please!!" Luhan was physically begging now, hands clasped together in an attempt to persuade Baekhyun to attend the house part tomorrow.
"Of course he's gonna be there. Those sort of people have their priorities all ed up." Baekhyun blew a puff of air up, lifting his heavy fringe.
"Baek." Luhan got up, lifting the book out of his friend's hands. "Live a little! You're 16 years old and you haven't even been to a house party before!" Luhan yelled, waving his arms around dramatically.
"Go without me. People will just pick on me. I don't even know why you're friends with me Lu." Baekhyun spoke softly, the last part a whisper. 
Luhan's face dropped. "Baek, do you think I'm going to give up on 10 years of friendship just because of that?" He put Baekhyun's book back on his lap gently. "If I was that shallow and selfish I wouldn't deserve your friendship anyway." Luhan's voice broke a bit, making Baek more upset. "You don't have to go to the party if it makes you uncomfortable I'm sorry." Luhan said, hugging his best friend tightly. 
"I'll go." Baekhyun squeaked.
"Wha- I mean it's okay if- if it makes you uncomfortable then- I don't mind." Luhan rambled, not quite believing his friend just agreed to this. 
"You're right Lu. I'm 16 and I need to live a little. But if I want to go home you have to leave with me." Baekhyun held his pinkie out with a childish pout. Something they'd done since they where young. 
"I won't leave you don't worry." Luhan said in a mocking tone, making Baek giggle, and wrapped his finger round Baekhyun's to seal the promise.

 


~.~

 

"At least parties are the one place you don't have to look around every two seconds incase Baekhyun's in a 10 meter radius of you." Jongin scoffed, pushing Chanyeol's shoulder. They were shopping for stuff to wear. It was a pretty big party, a lot of people were invited but that was expected as the host was Kris Wu. 
"True. I don't think parties are his scene." Chanyeol shrugged, thanking the lady at the till and taking his bags.
Sehun laughed. "That doesn't surprise me. Probably never leaves the house."
"You have to feel sorry for him though, he's severely bullied." Jongin said, frowning slightly.
"Who would hurt him? He looks so fragile, like glass." Chanyeol said dreamily making the other two burst out laughing at how whipped their friend was.
"Since when did you get so poetic?" Sehun pointed out, still laughing. Chanyeol shrugged, smiling to himself.

 


~.~

 


"I don't think I like this." Baekhyun complained as Luhan tried to push him into the changing room with a bunch of clothes fit for a stripper.
"Relax. Everyone wears stuff like this at parties." Luhan assured him, closing the door and waiting outside for his friend to change.

The door opened two minutes later, revealing a very flustered and hot looking Baekhyun. "I don't like it. I feel like I'm wearing a single thread." Baekhyun whined.
"Baekhyun you look hot. Like really hot." Luhan stated, awestruck but how much clothes could have a difference.
"Lu~ I feel like a stripper." Baekhyun said, looking down at his over-ripped skinny jeans and vest top that perfectly showed off his collarbones. 
"Baek you have to loose the glasses." Luhan's snapped, pointing at his friend's face with a stern look.
"What?! No! You're kidding right? I've never not worn my glasses." Baekhyun protested.
"Exactly! And you so much better without them!" Luhan squealed, taking Baekhyun's glasses off his face. And standing back to admire his creation.

 


~.~

 

"Hey guess who's gonna be at the party?" Sehun said, looking up from his phone and smirking.
"Who?" Jongin and Chanyeol said in unison.
"Hyuna." Sehun smiled.
Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "Why do you like her? She's so overbearing." He complained.
"Because she's hot." Sehun protested, shoving two chips in his mouth.
"And bangable." Jongin added.
"Yeah, hot, bangable and totally into you Park." Sehun poked his friends cheek playfully.
"Well I don't like her." Chanyeol grumbled, swatting Sehun's hand away and stealing a chip.
"You're throwing away an opportunity she doesn't just go for-"
"Don't give me that crap. Yes she does go for everyone. She's even tried it on with a lamppost for s sake!" Chanyeol shouted, annoyed that his friends thought Hyuna would help him get over Baekhyun.
"She was drunk though." Sehun pointed out. "And it was dark- so the lamppost looked kinda like a human?" He looked to Jongin in the attempt to defend her. 
"Nah mate. It was a ing lamppost." Jongin said, scoffing at the memory.

They turned the corner when Sehun stopped dead in his tracks.
"Chanyeol...?" He almost whispered, looking straight ahead.
Chanyeol looked up from his phone and nearly had a heart attack right there on the streets.
Byun Baekhyun was walking into Forever 21 with his blonde friend. They had bags and bags of shopping on them.
"Do you think he's going to the party?" Jongin asked, reading Chanyeol's mind. "Doubt it. But the blonde kid always goes to parties, he's a great dancer." Sehun commented. 
Chanyeol was glued to the pavement. Arguing over going in and 'accidentally' bumping into the brunet or running for the hills. 
The decision was made for his as the others began walking towards the entrance, still talking.