Chapter 11

Why me?

"Sehunnie!" Luhan yelled, prancing over to the tall poker-faced man.

"What did you just call me?" Sehun retorted in monotone, raising an eyebrow at the small blonde.

"Sehunnie, it's cute. Don't you like it?" Luhan's face fell.

"Are you drunk?" Sehun folded his arms over his broad chest, putting his drink down on the table before leaning on it. Staring, unimpressed at Luhan.

"No-" luhan's lip quivered. "W-why would you even think that?"

"I'm not sure I like drunk Luhan." Sehun frowned, watching the smaller on the verge of ugly crying.

"You don't like un-drunk Luhan either!" Luhan yelled, taking Sehun aback. He was glad there was music so it drowned out the fit Luhan was throwing.

"And what makes you say that?" Sehun raised an eyebrow challenging him.

"You don't know who I am. But I don't like you either so it's okay." Luhan shrugged, flicking hair out of his face in a diva-like fashion, already done with his emotional rollercoaster.

"You don't?" Sehun frowned, he was sure the smaller had something for him, and they say drunk people speak the truth.

"No. You're not Oh Sehun." Luhan pointed a finger at him.

"Am I not?" Sehun's lips began to tug into a smirk, already enjoying Luhan being drunk.

"Ugh, what's wrong with me today? First I tell Chanyeol that I want to Sehun's face and now I'm telling you that I like him." Luhan clumsily hit himself on the head.

"You want to my face?" Sehun questioned.

"Mhm." Luhan nodded.

"Pft, how long have you wanted to do that then?" Sehun was just trying to keep calm and not have a laughing fit at Luhan's obviousness.

Luhan put his hand to his chin in mock thinking. "About three years?"

"What? I had rainbow hair then." Sehun gasped, in his opinion one of the worst mistakes.

"Yeah~ you where so cute." Luhan cooed. "But you're not cute anymore. You started working out and now you're just plain -appeal." Luhan sighed dreamily.

"You know you're not going to remember any of this in the morning." Sehun put his head to one side, studying Luhan.

"Sehun?" Luhan lifted his big doe eyes.

"Y-yeah." Sehun innwardly cursed himself for stuttering, he never stutters.

"Can I kiss you?" Luhan asked timidly.

Sehun nearly choked on air. "I-I.."

"I'll take that as an open invitation." Luhan nodded cheekily, standing on his tip-toes and pressing his lips against Sehun's.

Sehun found his hands landing on Luhan's hips, unintentionally pulling him closer. Luhan's hands were placed lightly on Sehun's defined chest, the kiss was gentle and a simple lip-lock but Sehun still felt his eyes flutter closed as he kissed that smaller back, letting their lips move in sync.

Luhan eventually pulled away, cautiously lowering his heels, keeping eye contact.

"I-I should go, I'll see you at school on Monday." He gave a small wave before turning to leave.

"Luhan wait." Sehun grabbed the smaller's dainty wrist. "You're too drunk to walk home, I don't want anyone taking advantage of you."

Luhan turned to meet Sehun's gaze. "I'll get a bus."

"Pabo. There are no buses at this hour." Sehun rolled his eyes.

"Wait until the morning, Yeol had so many spare rooms." He lead Luhan up the black modern stairs.

"They all have people in, me and Baek checked." Luhan mumbled sadly, his emotional drunk side coming back.

"I have keys, people can't go in the locked rooms." Sehun shrugged. He stopped at a door and unlocked it, opening the door for Luhan who shuffled in.

"There's a bed there, sleep until the morning then you can go home." Sehun pointed at a double bed with dark blue silk over-sheets and a dark glazed wooden base.

"O-okay." Luhan wandered timidly over to the bed and got under the covers, snuggling in like a small animal. Sehun couldn't help but compare him to a tiny little deer.

"Why did you drink so much Lu?" Sehun muttered as he crouched down next to the bed, placing his hand on Luhan's forehead to check his temperature. "Goodnight Luhan." He whispered, kissing Luhan gently on the forehead.

 


~.<

 


"Do you need a lift home Baek?" Chanyeol asked, lifting Baekhyun's chin so the smaller would look at him.

"Oh- yeah It's a bit late." Baekhyun mumbled uneasily, fiddling with his sleeve as he looked around what was left of the party for his best friend.
Most people had gone or were passed out. But none of the people here seemed to be Luhan. "Where is he?" Baekhyun spoke mainly to himself even though Chanyeol was next to him helping him look.

"Luhan's safe don't worry." Sehun piped up from behind.

"How do you know?" Baekhyun challenged, still worried.

"He's asleep upstairs in my guest bedroom." Sehun stated, then realising what it sounded like.

"Did you take advantage of my drunk friend?!" Baekhyun gasped, already making his way up the stairs as fast as his little legs could take him, Sehun followed closely behind.

"What? No. He wanted to walk home at this hour and I told him it wasn't safe and brought him up here to stay until morning." Sehun made clear, following Baekhyun into the bedroom.

Baekhyun walked over to the sleeping deer and slowly removed some of the duvet to check if his friend was still dressed.

"So, do you want a lift home then?" Chanyeol asked from the doorway, still thrilled that his party idea had worked.

"Yes please." Baekhyun said in a small voice, as he walked out of the bedroom, stopping in front of Sehun. "Take care of Luhan and if he asks tell him that I'm safe and home or he'll worry and blame himself and if you want to know one thing that's worse that heavily hormonal-mood changing drunk Luhan, it's cranky hungover Luhan." Baekhyun warned, taking one last look at his sleeping friend before following behind Chanyeol like a lost puppy.

 


~.<

 


7 missed calls from: Jongin


Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at the screen, he was fine, he had gotten home safely and was trying to sleep but of course Jongin wants to mess up more of his perfectly laid out world.

His phone rung again, this time he picked up.

"K-Kyungsoo?!" Jongin' voice cracked, he sounded like he'd been crying but Kyungsoo pushed the thought away.

"Hmm." Kyungsoo hummed, wanting to come across as uninterested as possible.

"I'm outside your house- are you home?"

Kyungsoo sat bolt upright. Running over to the front door and looking out of the peep-hole, sure enough Jongin was sitting on his porch in the dark with his phone.
Carefully and slowly, Kyungsoo opened the door, causing Jongin to leap up, push the door aside and embrace Kyungsoo in a bone crushing hug.

"J-Jongin what are you-" Kyungsoo was cut off by Jongin's finger to his lips.

"Don't say anything baby." He readjusted his hold around Kyungsoo, snuggling his face in the crook of Kyungsoo's neck and breathing in his scent. The one he's missed for what seems like years.

"Okay."

 


~.<

 


Baekhyun climbed into Chanyeol's car, his mind still on Luhan and Sehun. He was only pulled out of his thoughts by a pair of lips on his law.

"Chanyeol?" Chanyeol continued to place open-mouthed kisses along his dainty jaw, eventually pulling back to drive, causing the smaller to whine in protest.

"I have to get you home Baek." Chanyeol smirked, leaning over to place a quick kiss on Baekhyun's button nose. Causing him to scrunch his nose in an adorable fashion.

"Cute." Chanyeol commented, causing Baekhyun to frown.

"Lanky." Baekhyun retorted, turning dramatically.

"Aw you love me really." Chanyeol sing-songed, taking one hand off the steering wheel to grab Baekhyun's hand, entwining their fingers.

"I don't." Baekhyun retorted, but still giving Chanyeol's hand a squeeze to let him know that he was lying.

 


They stopped outside Baekhyun's house, Chanyeol got out of his side and walked round to open the door for his princess.

"Wow what a gentleman." Baekhyun commented, giving Chanyeol one of his best fake smiles.

"I do try." Chanyeol flashed a smile back, causing Baekhyun to nearly die on the spot.


"Baekhyun dear? Is that you?" Baekhyun inwardly wished for the ground to swallow him up.

"Hi Mrs Byun." Chanyeol chirped, causing Baekhyun to glare daggers at him.

"Oh who is this Baekhyun?" She smiled at Chanyeol sweetly and Baekhyun rolled his eyes. Why did Chanyeol have to be the perfect son-in-law?

"This is my friend Chanyeol." Baekhyun introduced.

"Just friend?" Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun's mum said in sync.

Baekhyun went a deep shade of red, now his mum wasn't going to leave him alone until he concluded a date for their wedding and the school they had chosen for their kids.

"Y-yes. He's just a friend." Baekhyun stammered, knowing that his mum could see right through his bull.

"Do friends open doors for each other now then?" She asked a slight humour laced into her tone, causing Baekhyun to scowl.

"He's polite." Baekhyun argued.

"That's a shame. I thought I was finally going to be a grandmother." She pouted.

"Mum!" Baekhyun yelled, causing Chanyeol to laugh.

"You might not be disappointed Mrs Byun." Chanyeol smiled, earning a stamp on the foot from an angry puppy.

 

 

~.<