Chapter 14

Why me?

"Where's your dad?" Chanyeol asked after they'd finished the first episode.

"Away." Baekhyun muttered, keeping his eyes down.

Chanyeol's eyes widened, cursing inwardly for being so insensitive. "I'm so sorry Baek." He said softly.

Baekhyun frowned, turning to him. "Why?"

"I-I didn't know I'm sorry." Chanyeol ducked his head apologetically.

"Baekhyun's dad isn't dead you know." Luhan piped up from the other side of the sofa.

Chanyeol's ears went red with embarrassment. Baekhyun giggled. "You thought he-" he pointed at Chanyeol, laughing.

"You said he was away- I thought..." Chanyeol murmured hiding his head in his hands.

"He's on a business trip. He's back tonight." Baekhyun clarified, smiling fondly at Chanyeol's embarrassed state.

"I feel so stupid." Chanyeol pinched the top of his nose, letting out a sigh.

"No you're not." Baekhyun giggled, putting his chin on Chanyeol's shoulder and smiling cutely.

"You're adorable." Chanyeol smiled, looking into Baekhyun's dark brown orbs lovingly.

"Ew. Kill it with fire." Luhan rolled his eyes. "You'll never catch me being soppy with someone. Nuh uh." He side-eyed Sehun. Subtle.

 

~.<

 

"Those two will actually be the death of me." Luhan groaned. Him and Sehun had had enough of the pair so they were hiding in the kitchen to escape the couple.

"Yeol has been stalking him for years. I think he deserves this." Sehun showed a small smile, thinking back to when Chanyeol wouldn't dare look in the smaller's direction.

"With that logic we should be married." Luhan thought out loud, realising the extent of his words a second after they'd left his mouth.

"What are you saying?" Sehun asked innocently, trying to hold back laughter but a smirk was growing.

"I-I've got to go pee." Luhan ran off down Baekhyun's hallway, holding his over-heating face in his hands.

 

 

~.<

 

 

2 missed calls from: Jongin

7 messages from: Jongin

Kyungsoo????

Please pick up the phone

I thought about what you said

No actually I didn't I've had my mind the same since I met you

I dumped Hyolyn last night you know

Not that I was ever dating her I wouldn't do that

I'm going to call you again pick up this time

 

Kyungsoo stared blankly at his phone screen. He wanted to forgive Jongin but all his messages and words just turned into one big messy broken relationship and Kyungsoo knew he had to let go.

Turning his phone off he raced down the stairs, frightened to hesitate anymore.

"Mum. I want to transfer."

 

~.<

 

"Chanyeol are you planning on leaving?" Baekhyun asked, his mouth full of popcorn, his head resting on Chanyeol's chest on the sofa.

"Actually no I wasn't." Chanyeol placed a chaste kiss on Baekhyun's head Luhan and Sehun had left an hour ago but he didn't want to part with his puppy.

"My dad will be back soon though." Baekhyun fiddled with his fingers, if Chanyeol thought his mum was bad then he didn't want him to meet his dad.

"Good, I want to meet him." Chanyeol kept his eyes glued to the screen, hiding a smile.

"But yeol~~" Baekhyun whined, grabbing at his hoodie and clinging it in his little fists, protesting.

"You want me to go?" Chanyeol clutched his chest dramatically.

Baekhyun pouted. "Yes. If you meet my dad then you won't ever be going home. This is for your sake." Baekhyun climbed onto the tallers lap, pulling at his ears playfully.

"Aren't they cute?! This is who I was telling you about!" Baekhyun's mum's voice came from the doorway, she had one hand pointing at the two while the other was around the arm of a taller man Chanyeol presumed to be Baekhyun's dad.

"Mum!" Baekhyun yelled, leaping off Chanyeol to try and shoo them away. "Do you know how doors work?"

"Of course I do sweetie, I purposely opened it to show your father how cute you and your boyfriend are." She smiled warmly at Chanyeol who scratched the back to his head in embarrassment.

"Hello Mr Byun I'm Park Chanyeol." Chanyeol bowed 90 degrees, watching Baekhyun's dad stare him out. He gulped, maybe meeting his boyfriends dad wasn't the best idea.

Suddenly Baekhyun's dad erupted in laughter. "You look terrified!" Chanyeol sighed in relief, he was.

"Come here son." Baekhyun's dad hugged him, patting him on the back before retreating and folding his arms over his chest. "You hurt him you die."

"Dad.." Baekhyun grumbled while fiddling with the hem of his shirt nervously.

"Okay okay we'll leave you two alone." Baekhyun's mum spoke softly with a hint of humour in her tone, pulling her husband out of the room with her and closing the door.

"I told you." Baekhyun mumbled.

 

 

~.<