Chapter 15

Why me?

 

 

Luhan felt oddly excited for school to start again, he knew it was because of the poker faced male that had kept him up all night deep in thought.

"Lulu! Baekhyun's here!" He heard his Mum call from downstairs.

"Okay I'm coming!" He shouted, shoving all his books and folders in his baby blue bag and running down the stairs. "Baek! Be honest, does it look like I stayed up all night?" He grabbed his friends shoulders.

"Erm maybe some concealer?" Baekhyun noted- eyes drawn to luhans hollow sleep-deprived eyes.

"Okay! I'll be back!" Luhan dropped everything and made a bolt for his room.

"Lu! We're already late!" Baekhyun shouted, frowning at the clock.

 

 

~.<

 

 

"Guys I'd like you to meet my friend, Lay." Sehun introduced the Chinese transfer student to his friends.

Lay smiled innocently, bowing slightly. "Hi my name is Lay and I'm here to improve my Korean, nice to meet you all."

Chanyeol and Jongin introduced themselves, inviting Lay to eat with them.

"So do you have your eye on any of the girls here?" Jongin asked, a glint of mischief in his eye. He was a er for gossip.

Lay shook his head. "I haven't really noticed anyone."

Jongin pouted, about to pester further when a small brunet caught his eye. "Soo!" He shouted without thinking, causing the smaller to jump.

"Soo?" Chanyeol and Sehun said in unison, passing confused looks.

"Kyungsoo." Jongin almost whispered, getting out of his seat and running through the students until he reached him.

"Soo why didn't you answer any of my calls or texts?" He grabbed the smaller by the wrist.

"My phone was turned off." Kyungsoo lied, attempting to free his arm from Jongin.

"Then talk to me now." Jongin was close to tears feeling like Kyungsoo was purposefully distancing himself from him.

Kyungsoo saw the desperation in Jongin's eyes but chose to ignore it, shaking his head. "I don't want to talk right now."

He pulled his wrist harshly out of Jongin's grasp before walking at his quickest pace, out of the cafeteria. Jongin stared blankly at the meal Kyungsoo had left behind. This was all his fault as per usual.

His eyes followed the path Kyungsoo had taken, not even stopping to clear his head he ran out of the noisy mess that was the cafeteria to find his ex.

 

 

~.<

 

 

"Did Jongin just run out?" Lay asked, frowning.

"Hm?" Chanyeol turned around to try and locate his friend in the mass of people. "I don't know- he's been strange lately."

"We tend to just let him sort himself out on his own, it's for the best." Sehun pointed his chopsticks at Lay, who nodded.

They continued to eat in comfortable silence until their ears picked up on two voices behind them.

"Baekhyun lets sit somewhere else!" Luhan was pulling his friend away from their table.

"Lu. You look fine you're overreacting." Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the panicking male.

"But I didn't get a wink of sleep last night and you expect me to sit there and act normal? I'll say something odd! Oh god what if he thinks I eat weirdly?" Luhan pouted, sulking.

"Well I'm sitting here, you can find Kyungsoo if you want to." Baekhyun placed his tray down next to Chanyeol who was trying to hide his ecstatic smile.

"Ugh fine." Luhan strutted round the other side dramatically, placing his tray opposite Baekhyun and next to Lay, not sparing Sehun a glance.

"Hey." Baekhyun smiled, his tone completely changing when he addressed Chanyeol, Luhan made fake gagging noises as they stared at each other for a solid 30 seconds.

"You're just jealous Lu." Baekhyun smirked as he ate some chicken, fed to him by Chanyeol.

"Is this little arrangement going to be an ongoing thing?" Luhan raised and eyebrow pointing his chopsticks at the two.

Chanyeol nodded, wrapping two arms around his boyfriends waist, causing Baekhyun to squirm because he was ticklish there.

"Gross. Seriously gross." Luhan lied, putting his head in his hands and making not so subtle side-eyes at Sehun who was sat next to Chanyeol.

"So I'm guessing those two are a thing?" Lay asked Luhan.

"Yeah since like two days ago or something but anyone would think they were celebrating their wedding anniversary." Luhan scoffed.

"What's his name?" Lay asked, still looking at Baekhyun who was tracing Chanyeol's jawline with his finger tip.

"Byun BaekHyun, I wouldn't bother getting to know him, what you see is what you get to be honest." Luhan told him, secretly trying to ward him off Baekhyun, scared Lay wants to be Baekhyun's friend because, nuh uh, Luhan does not need competition in the best friend department.

"So him and Chanyeol are serious?" Lay asked, his voice was slightly hushed now so that the pair wouldn't hear him.

Luhan out his finger on his chin. "Hmm not sure, but judging as they've only been dating for like 48 hours or something stupid I doubt it."

Luhan missed the small smile that crept into Lays lips as he said that, but Sehun didn't who had been watching the situation unfold from across the table.

 

~.<

 

The bell rang for the last lesson of the day, for Baekhyun that was Maths, his strongest subject.

"Hey Baekhyun can I sit here?" Lay sat in the empty seat next to him.

"Yeah sure." Baekhyun smiled, slightly distracted by Chanyeol who was laughing like an idiot with Sehun at the back of the classroom.
Baekhyun smiled to himself, Chanyeol's laugh was contagious and quite frankly adorable.

"Um do you understand question 32c?" Lay pointed to the text book.

"Yeah, I got 6.45, you can copy my working out if you want." Baekhyun passed the student his book getting a thankful smile from Lay.

 

"You're really good at Maths." Lay complimented when class was over.

"Thank you." Baekhyun smiled sweetly, enjoying the amount of nice comments he had been getting from the new guy.

"We should hang out, what's your number?" Lay scratched the back of his head nervously before Baekhyun held his hand out for Lays phone, typing his number and taking a cute selca to set as the profile picture before handing Lays phone back.

"Thanks I'll text you!" Lay called as he left the classroom.

Baekhyun waved after him, feeling a pair of arms slide around his waist when Lay was out of sight.

"Hey." Chanyeol whispered right in his ear, and Baekhyun was thankful they were the last people left in the classroom.

"Hey to you too." Baekhyun turned around to face the taller, putting his arms around Chanyeol's neck as he was pulled closer.

"It was so difficult to watch you get flirted with all lesson right infront of me." Chanyeol looked slightly annoyed when he said that, Baekhyun had only seen this side of Chanyeol once and it had scared him slightly.

"Lay wasn't flirting, he's just friendly." Baekhyun combed his dainty fingers through Chanyeol's thick dark hair.

Chanyeol looked unconvinced but decided to leave it- besides, it wasn't Baekhyun's fault.

"Never mind, lets go." Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand as they made their way out of school, it felt odd to be an official couple at school, Baekhyun had had things said behind his back constantly since getting with Chanyeol but he expected it. Chanyeol was popular.

 

 

~.<

 

 

Kyungsoo had avoided Jongin all day, it helped that they never had lessons together as Kyungsoo was engrossed in his studies while Jongin preferred being social.

The small male didn't even bother checking his phone when he got home, he left it behind so he wouldn't be tempted to look at all the missed calls and text messages.

 

1 more day.

He had one more day at his current school before he was transferring.

Away from Jongin and everything there that brought him pain.

 

It made Kyungsoo jump slightly when his phone started ringing, he took one glance at the caller ID and denied the call.

Feeling awful about himself he curled up into a small ball in the corner of his room, biting at his lips nervously. Just 24 hours, he could do that.

 

 

~.<

 

 

Jongin collapsed onto his bed, closing his eyes tight to stop the tears that threatened to fall, he was worried about Kyungsoo and the fact that he was being pushed further away by the day make him feel worse.

So when he heard a knock sound at his door, he sprinted down his stairs as fast a he could, hoping that the smaller male was behind that door. Besides, he was home alone a lot and his parents never got visitors.

He pulled the door back in such hast, really to pull the older boy into his chest when he was greater by one of the last people he wanted to see at that moment.

Hyolyn had mascara running down her pretty face, creating streaks in her foundation.

Jongin tried not to look too disappointed by her presence, after all she had no idea about him and her step-brother.
Faking a small smile he opened the door further for her to enter the house.
"I-I'm sorry Jongin I just wanted to see you." She admitted, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Why are you crying?" Jongin frowned, getting two mugs out as she sat at the counter.

"Mainly family issues." She wiped a tear falling down her face. Jongin froze.

"F-family issues?" He turned to face her, only one person playing on his mind.

She nodded. "I wish dad wouldn't be so hard on Kyung, it's all my fault I should've spoken up sooner and Kyung's mum is too scared to say anything." She was choking on her words, full on crying. "Kyung was the only one I could talk to, I took him for granted and now he's been driven away and he won't tell me why." She sniffed, trying to wipe her tears away.

"Driven away? What's happening?" Jongin snapped a bit too quickly.

"He's transferring to a school on the other side of the country, he's going to live with his grandparents. I don't know how I'll be able to deal with him leaving." She sobbed.

Jongin felt his entire world shatter infront of his eyes. Without thinking he ran and grabbed her by the wrist, pulling her out of the house.

"Jongin- what are you-" Jongin opened his car door for her to get in before walking to the drivers side and starting the engine.

"I'll drive you home." He said, a scowl on his face as he drove down Kyungsoo's road.

The car stopped abruptly infront of the house, nearly throwing Hyolyn forward.

Jongin leapt out of the car, running up the path, leaving a very confused Hyolyn, watching from inside the car.

Letting himself in he walked into the kitchen looking for Kyungsoo, instead he was greeted with Kyungsoo's mum, bowing quickly to her he ran up the stairs to Kyungsoo's room, pushing the door open to see him on his knees, packing clothes into two suitcases.

Jongin slammed the door behind him, startling the small male.

"J-Jongin.. I-" Kyungsoo started, stopped by Jongin's strong arms around him, holding him against his defined chest.

Kyungsoo gulped, trying not to give in and move his arms from his sides.

It all came caving in when he felt Jongin's hot breath on his neck, completely giving in he wrapped his arms around Jongin's waist clutching onto him tightly and hiding his face in the younger's hoodie.

It wasn't until he felt his shoulder dampen that he pulled back, realising Jongin was crying, on reflex he lifted his hands to the younger's face, wiping the tears trickling down his cheeks.

"W-why?" Was the only thing Jongin managed to croak out.

Kyungsoo just shook his head, cupping Jongin's face. "It's for the best." He assured him in a hushed voice but it was more to convince himself.

"Is it because of me?" Jongin whispered, looking down.

"Not anymore." Kyungsoo admitted. "I'm sorry Jongin." He blinked to stop himself from crumbling.

Jongin wiped the tears from his face, raising his glassy eyes to meet Kyungsoo's. "Then live with me."

Kyungsoo's eyes widened at Jongin's proposal, shaking his head. "Jongin that's crazy, you're just upset, if you calm down then-"

Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo's hands. "No Kyungsoo I'm serious, Hyolyn told me how unhappy you are here, so move into my house."

Hearing his sisters name come out of Jongin's mouth made all sorts of emotions flare up in Kyungsoo.

"Thank you Jongin." Kyungsoo whispered, biting his lip and taking a deep breath before his eyes started to well-up. "Thank you so much." He hugged Jongin tight, grateful that he was leaving the home that he felt so alone in.

"S-so you're agreeing?" Jongin asked, trying not to get his hopes up.

He felt Kyungsoo nod against his chest, breathing a sigh of relief Jongin gripped Kyungsoo tightly, afraid he would leave again.

 

Authors note:

 

l think this is the longest I've gone without updating... don't kill me :))

 

As always there may be mistakes so I'm sorry <33

 

ILYYYY ~ Ree