Chapter 3

Why me?

"Can we go home after this my feet are killing me." Baekhyun pouted at his friend who was trying to decide between two pairs of jeans.
"Baek do these make my look good?" Luhan held them against himself, ignoring Baekhyun's previous pleas to go home. 
"You look good in anything Lu." Baek sighed, he was tired and it was normally Kyungsoo's job to Luhan shopping and make sure he didn't over buy. 
"Which ones do you think Sehun will like?" He held them up again.

"Pair on the left." 
Luhan spun around to the poker face of Oh Sehun. He stood staring for what seemed like a century before opening his mouth, only for no sound to come out. 
"I-I well- I didn't mean- er-" he stuttered, his face the deepest tone of red.
Sehun seemed unfazed by the situation, raising an eyebrow at the stuttering blonde presented in front of him. 

Baekhyun ran up before his friend could embarrass himself further. "Haha, I think we should go, thanks for- um the advice? We probably won't see you again." He excused them before following a distressed, hyperventilating Luhan to the toilets. 

 

~.~

 

"Why were you talking to Baekhyun? What did you say about me?" Chanyeol demanded as soon as he'd run over to Sehun who looked slightly confused. 
"I wasn't talking to him. I was talking to his sassy little friend." Sehun explained, still frowning.
"Luhan? Then by did I see Baekhyun talking to you?" Chanyeol challenged, annoyed that his friend had it the chance to talk to Baek before he had. 
"I didn't talk to your little crush okay?" Sehun stormed off to find Jongin so they could get driven back. 

Chanyeol didn't know what will he had to look for Baekhyun but something was curious to where he had run off to. 
He walked over to where he had seen Baekhyun before he had walked over to Sehun and looked at the clothes the younger had been looking at. 

But when he stepped over he felt something under his foot. He picked it up. It was a phone. Baekhyun's phone. 
This was either really good luck or karma's way of telling him to man up and talk to the boy. He slid the phone in his pocket and walked off to find the others.

 

~.~


 
Chanyeol fell on his bed, rolling on his back, he hadn't been able to find Baekhyun to return the phone and when he asked his friends they informed him that Baekhyun and his friend had left ages ago. Sighing, he pressed the home button. He smiled at the background, it was Baekhyun with what looked like his dog. He stayed staring at the home screen for longer than he should have. Letting the phone lie in his hands like it was some 1000 year old sacred artefact. 

 

~.~

 

"Just give it back tomorrow at Kris's." Sehun pressed, snatching the phone out of Chanyeol's hands. He had called Sehun round, as he only lived round the corner, with his current phone dilemma. 
"Sehun! Give it back you may break it and that will be the worst first impression!" Chanyeol reached to grab the phone out of his laughing friends hands but his tries where in vain. 
"I you said he was smart." Sehun raised an eyebrow and Chanyeol.
"He is, why are you bringing that up?" Chanyeol questioned.
"What sort of idiot doesn't have a passcode on his phone?" 
Chanyeol froze.

No. that would be an invasion of Baekhyun's privacy. 
But he may have some adorable selcas that you can airdrop to yourself....

That last point did it for Chanyeol, he snatched the phone off Sehun and opened it, the home screen was a picture of Luhan and Kyungsoo at some sort of café with bubble tea, posing together. It was a cute photo but it was disappointing that his Baek wasn't in it. 

"You're not actually going to go through his photostream are you?" Sehun questioned.
Chanyeol didn't answer.
Sehun threw his head back and groaned "Oh god, you are aren't you?" 
"There won't be anything too bad on there." Chanyeol reasoned calmly.
Sehun leaned forward quickly. "Chanyeol what if he has nudes on his phone?" His eyes widened. 
"H-He won't. He's not that sort of person." Chanyeol tried to keep his voice steady. Sehun leaned back, folding his arms over his chest.
"Well I hope not because the last thing I want is you popping a while I'm sat here." Sehun raised an eyebrow.
Chanyeol switched the phone off, scowling. "I don't want to look at his photos anyway. That's creepy."
"Says the guy that made us follow him around all week so you knew his timetable." Sehun laughed "You still have to pay us for that. Do you know how odd I looked?" 
"Worth it though." Chanyeol chuckled

 

~.~

 

"I'm so nervous." Baekhyun repeated for about the hundredth time while Luhan was putting eye pencil on his water-line.
"It's fine Baek you look hot." Luhan assured him. "Not as hot as me though but oh well."

 


~.~

 


"I'm so ing nervous." 
"Dude. Shut up, we don't care." Jongin snapped as they arrived, the party was already crazy and it had only been going for half an hour. It looked like the entire school was there.
"You probably won't even be able to find him amongst all these people Yeol." Sehun commented. 
"He may not even be here." Chanyeol sighed. 

 


~.~ 

 


"If die tonight you have to sing at my funeral." 
"But I'm a singer Baek." 
"Exactly."

Luhan knocked on the door. They knew they had the right place, the music and people hanging off the balcony was a dead giveaway. 

Kris opened the door, he looked the two up and down, taking longer one Baekhyun which made the younger feel slightly violated. 
"If you've finished my friend with your eyes can we come in?" Luhan snapped. Pulling his signature face.
"Uh- yeah sure come in." Kris opened the door wider, not forgetting to check how Baek's looked in his jeans as they walked into the crowd of people. 
"Damn." Kris muttered under his breath as he left to spread the word of how the loser Baekhyun could give J-Lo a run for her money.

 

~.~

 

After about 15 minutes of dancing with Luhan Baek made his way over to the bar. There's only so long you can go with a pro like Luhan. 

He sat on a bar stool and swivelled round to face the bartender. He should have known. Parties like these have so many rich, stuck-up kids running everything. The bartender stood there, wide-eyed, just blinking at Baekhyun. 
"Is there something on my face?" Baekhyun asked him worriedly.
"Uh- well- no erm your face is- perfect- no, perfectly clean." The man said quickly, a dark blush forming on his cheeks and spreading up to his elf like ears.

 


~.~

 


Chanyeol was having a panic attack in his head. Baekhyun was right in front of him. All made up, with eyeliner and tight jeans and styled hair. 
And he just called his face perfect... way to go.
"I-I'm Chanyeol." He held his hand out to Baekhyun, hoping the latter wouldn't realise how much it was shaking. 
"Baekhyun." He smiled, showing two lines of pearly white teeth making Chanyeol want to drop dead right there. They shook hands, Chanyeol couldn't help but notice how dainty Baekhyun's hands where, how they fitted in his perfectly. He decided to stop thinking about them before his dirty mind got the better of him.

"Do you want a drink?" He asked, showing his signature smile.
"I don't drink.." Baekhyun admitted wearily, breaking eye contact at how lame he sounded.
"That's so adorable." Chanyeol slapped his hand over his mouth but the words had already left them. Internally screaming.

 

~.~

 

'Did he just call me adorable?
Me?
This has to be a joke, probably because  this is my first time at a party they decided to play games with me.
I shouldn't have come.'  

"I-I gotta go." Baekhyun stammered, leaving his place on the barstool and walking away, leaving a very frustrated and life contemplating Chanyeol.


"Lu, lets go. I've had enough." He grabbed the pixie's wrist in attempt to pull him out of the house. 
"Found you." Baekhyun turned around, he was already in a bad mood, the last thing he needed was Kris.
"Well we're leaving so bye." He turned around to try and drag Luhan off some guy he'd found. 
"Leaving so soon? You're gonna miss all the fun." 
"Piss off Kris, I don't like you, you don't like me can we just avoid each other?"
Baekhyun sighed, Kris had bullied him since he came to the school, it wasn't just him, he had a group of friends, Baekhyun thought he'd be safe because of the amount of people and Kris's party reputation, that he was pretty sure would be ruined if someone died at the one of the famous Kris Wu parties.
"Baekhyun. I'm not here to bully you." Kris smirked, stepping too close for Baekhyun's liking.

"He told you to back off." Came a deep voice behind Kris, Baekhyun poked his little head to see the bartender from before. Probably wanted to help beat him up. Perfect.
Kris turned to face Chanyeol, his gaze hard. " off Park, can't you see I'm busy?" Kris spat.
"You have so many other quests willing to you Kris, choose one of them." 

"Oh hell no!" Lujan came storming around to Kris with his hand up ready to slap the living out of him.
"No one!"
*slap*
"Tries to !"
*slap*
"My best friend!!"
"Come on Baekhyun, we're leaving. This party would have been lame if I wasn't here anyway." Luhan's grabbed Baekhyun's wrist and dramatically exited.

It was only when they had left that Chanyeol noticed that the entire party was silent.

 


~.~