Chapter 10

Why me?

"Okay, this time you must stay close to me because we don't want a re-run of last time." Luhan scolded, remembering seeing his friend get fought over by two giants infront of everyone.

"We wouldn't have to worry about that if you'd just let me stay at home. The party's at Chanyeol's house you know?" Baekhyun mumbled the last part but Luhan heard it perfectly.

"You can't avoid him forever, besides he hasn't actually done anything wrong." Luhan frowned as they neared the entrance of Chanyeols over-sized house.

"I just feel uneasy about everything." Baekhyun swept his fringe out of his eyes as they neared the door, the music was deafening and Baekhyun already felt sick.

The door swung open as Luhan was about to knock. "Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun gasped, out of all the people to be here their socially awkward friend was at the bottom of the list.

"Hi." He mumbled. "I needed some fresh air."
He pushed past them before running around the corner, down the street.

"The is he doing here?" Luhan raised an eyebrow, pursing his lips. "Shall we?" He dragged an extremely anxious Baekhyun right into the heart of the party.

 

~.<

 

"Baekhyun just arrived with his little blonde friend." Jongin commented, pointing towards the two.

Sehun scoffed. "Didn't think he'd show up, Yeol's gonna be happy anyway."

"By the way have you seen Kyungsoo?" Jongin tried to keep his tone as casual as possible, not to let Sehun know how desperate he was to see his ex.

"Who?" Sehun frowned causing Jongin to sigh, of course Sehun wouldn't know who he was. Sehun didn't care to associate himself with many people.

"It doesn't matter." Jongin muttered offering a small smile. "Let's just go find Yeol."

 


~.<

 


"Lu! I'm going to the toilet." Baekhyun shouted to his friend over the music.

"Why?!" Luhan shouted back, pushing off the guy he was grinding on.

"It's too crowded I don't like it!" Baekhyun looked on the verge of tears, he hated people touching him and he'd lost count of how many people had during his time here.

"Okay! Let's find an empty room! There's bound to be one here!" He grabbed his friends small wrist and dragged him away from the mass of sweating bodies and alcohol.

 

 

"How big is this place?" Luhan thought out loud as they wandered the halls trying to find a room that wasn't locked or already occupied by some couple necking-on.

"Lu it's okay, we're really far away from where everyone is anyway, I'm okay." Baekhyun sat against a wall in the empty corridor, no one was in this part of Chanyeol's house due to the lack of music and drinks.

"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, I'm sorry Baek." Luhan broke down, tears streaming down his petit face. Baekhyun could tell he was slightly drunk, Luhan turns into a heavily hormonal pregnant woman when drunk.

"It's not your fault Lu I'm okay." Baekhyun hugged his friend, letting him cry into his shoulder. "I'm sure you wouldn't want Sehun to see you like this."

Luhan sniffed, wiping his tears and shaking his head. "You're right."

 


~.<

 

Kyungsoo had been running for what seemed to be hours. It was too late for buses to run in this area so he had to walk home. He had amazed himself at his ability not to cry, he could feel that he wanted to but he didn't have to energy, he felt empty.
All he could think about was Jongin kissing Hyolyn, what made it worse was the fact that it was his fault Jongin wasn't his anymore and his fault that he had found comfort in his step-sister.

But he could bring himself to be mad at either because he loved his sister and he loved Jongin, just in different ways. He wanted them both to be happy and if that meant stepping back and hurting on his own then that's what he has to do.

He felt his phone buzz against his thigh but he didn't answer, it would be his Mum checking up on him, it was the first time he had gone to a party and she worried about him a lot.

His phone buzzed again. Sighing, he fished it out of his pocket, leaning against a fence as he squinted at the bright home-screen.

Jongin

Where are you?

Have you left?


Kyungsoo smiled bitterly, Jongin had the nerve to act like he cared about him after making out with his sister.

He decided not to reply, Jongin wouldn't really care, he's probably drunk anyway. There's no other reason why anyone would text their ex.

 

~.<

 

"I think I'm gonna go." Jongin patted Chanyeol's shoulder, who was currently surrounded by girls that he had no interest in.

"Why? You just got here." Chanyeol frowned, flicking a girls hand away from his hair.

"I've um- gotta go.. I don't feel too well." Jongin lied, still glancing at his phone. Kyungsoo had read his messages, why wasn't he replying? Was he hurt? Kidnapped?

"Alright." Chanyeol half heartedly replied, he was trying to look for his puppy in the crowds of people but he couldn't see him. "Are you sure Baek's here?"

"I saw him come in and get dragged into the dance floor by his friend." Jongin shrugged.

"Baekhyun? Dancing?" Chanyeol frowned, that wasn't at all like his precious angel. He pushed his way through the mass of people turning around every small guy with brown hair in the hope that it was Baekhyun.

"You looking for someone?" Jiyoung asked him, arm round a small blonde girl's waist.

"Yeah, Byun Baekhyun, he came with Luhan, small blonde kid. Could be mistaken for a girl."

"Yeah yeah, I know Luhan, good dancer." Jiyoung nodded. "As for Baekhyun is he brunet? Small like Luhan?"

"Yeah that's him! Was he here?" Chanyeol asked a bit too quickly.

Jiyoung pointed to a corridor, leading to some guest bedrooms. "They went there, pity, that Byun kid was hot." He shrugged, turning back to the girl while Chanyeol made with way towards the corridor.

 

~.<

 

"What do you think Sehun smells like?" Luhan asked timidly.

"Your obsession is beyond creepy." Baekhyun laughed.

"I think he'd smell like roses, and aftershave." Luhan nodded.

"I can't really imagine that." Baekhyun frowned.

"If you think Sehun smells like roses then think again." Baekhyun turned to face the owner of the deep voice that's been haunting his thoughts.

"Chanyeooool." Luhan pointed at him. Smiling creepily in his drunken state. "I want to Oh Sehun's face but you can tell him that." He slurred.

"Luhan shut up. Let's go home." Baekhyun lifted his friend off the floor.

"I didn't think you'd come." Chanyeol blocked Baekhyuns way, staring down at him.

"Luhan likes parties, I did it for him." He didn't dare meet Chanyeol's fiery gaze.

"That's a shame. Here I am throwing an entire party just so I can talk to you."

"I-I never asked you to do that." Baekhyun kept his eyes to the ground.

"Luhan, go talk to Sehun while I talk to Baek okay?" Chanyeol called over to Luhan.

"No Lu, we're going home." Baekhyun pleaded, desperate to avoid a heart to heart with Chanyeol.

"No offence Baek but I'd rather go talk to Sehun." Luhan stuck his tongue out, skipping down the corridor.

"Baekhyun please stop ignoring me." Chanyeol looked hurt and desperate. "I don't know what I've done wrong."

"You haven't, it's me." Baekhyun choked out, "I'm the insecure one."

"You have nothing to be insecure about." Chanyeol caressed Baekhyuns cheek, tracing his jaw.

"I-I thought you where playing with my feelings." Baekhyun admitted. "I didn't think someone like you could ever like someone like me."

Chanyeol chuckled. "I've been practically stalking you since I first laid eyes on you Baekhyun." Chanyeol leant down to place a kiss on Baekhyun's cheek.

"I'm sorry Chanyeol." Baekhyun whispered.

"W-what do you mean?" Chanyeol frowned, afraid of being turned away again.

"I'm sorry for not realising you liked me." Baekhyun looked into Chanyeol's eyes. "I didn't know."

"I hid it pretty well huh?" Chanyeol smiled, showcasing lines of perfect white teeth.

Baekhyun nodded, smiling shyly. "Yeah. You did."

 

 

 

 

Authors note:

 

*crawls out from hiding*

I really should be more active ><

 

I haven't checked this so if there are any errors then I'm sorry <3

 

Thank you to everyone who is subscribed to my story!! Feel free to comment as it's so lovely to read them all :)

 

Ily <33