Chapter 5

Why me?

Jongin had never been the best at understanding his feelings, but when it came to Kyungsoo. Nothing was more clear, the cute, bubbly boy had completely swept him off his feet.
He couldn't bring himself to let Kyungsoo go, he hated himself for teasing Yeol about falling for someone lower on the school's social ladder than him when that's exactly what was happening to him. He hated how his and Kyungsoo's relationship had to be secret because of his insecurities. He had hurt his Kyungsoo and he had burnt their relationship.

The fact that they weren't partners for the History project made matters worse, Kyungsoo was paired with Kimi, a small giggly student with almost white hair, cut into a stylish pixie cut which was constantly messy but that just added to her charm. She was a perfect human. 'Like Kyungsoo.' Jongin thought bitterly, no matter how much he tried to keep his mind off the owl-like boy, something would remind him of his ex.
He needed to get his ray of sunshine back, he couldn't function without Kyungsoo in his life and it hurt, he felt like he could crumble down and give up.

 


~.~

 


"PE should be optional." Baekhyun chirped as he tied his laces and waited for Luhan to stop peering at Sehun's abs in the changing room.
"Lu, you look possessed, stop it."
But his friend wasn't listening, the blonde just nodded and pushed Jinyoung out of the way to get a better look at the bod of god that was Oh Sehun.
"What the hell dude?!" Jinyoung looked at the sassy pixie like he had just poured acid in his mother's eyes.
"I know right, art is next period why is Sehun showcasing it now?" Luhan his lips. The thirst was real.

 


~.~

 


"PE should be bloody illegal."
"You say that everyday Park, but if Baekhyun was in jail then you wouldn't be able to him." Sehun rolled his eyes, following his friend's gaze to the brunet getting taught how to squat properly, courtesy of Luhan.
"Unless they where cell-mates." Jongin shrugged.
"Oo ." Sehun smirked.

 


~.~

 


"Um, Baek.. I don't mean to be blunt but Park Chanyeol may or may not be staring at your ." Luhan had been watching the giant undress his friend with his eyes for the last ten minutes.
"What?" Baekhyun's cheeks where tinted red at the mention of the name, he hadn't forgotten about yesterday, heck, it had kept him up all night.
"I SAID PARK CHANYEOL'S STARING AT YOUR !" Luhan's shouted as loud as he could muster, which was pretty loud.

If someone was to drop a pin in the gym it would make Baekhyun jump, that's how quiet it had gone.

"Sorry, do carry on." Luhan shot over his shoulder at the rest of the class like nothing had happened.

 


~.~

 

"You where staring for a long time though." Sehun pointed out while they where changing, Baekhyun had looked at him once after the PE incident and made awkward eye-contact for a while before a football hit Chnayeol in the head, causing a headache, mild embarrassment and a reason to re-think life.

Chanyeol was curled up in the corner of the changing room, complaining about how much of an idiot he was.

Things like this always seem to happen to him.

 


~.~

 


Chanyeol sat down in the seat next to Baekhyun's empty one, he had gone to class early so he had time to calm himself and think of how to start a proper conversation with the younger. He checked his raven hair in the reflection of his phone.
"Special occasion?" A sweet voice filled his ears.
The phone found its way out of his hand and onto the floor.
He watched as the small brunet bent down and retrieved it from under the table, popping back up with a small smile as he handed back the phone.
"I need a new phone." Baekhyun thought our loud as he got his textbook out of his rucksack before placing it on the table gently.
Chanyeol mentally slapped himself for forgetting that he still needed to give it back, it was in the front pocket of his bag.
"Oh- by the way, I was wondering if you'd lost your phone?" Smooth Chanyeol, smooth.
"What? No, it's just broken right now." Baekhyun showed his phone, which was cracked all over the screen.
"Wha- really?? Are you sure??" Chanyeol put the phone he had found on the table.
"That's yours right?" He pressed the home button, showing the picture of Baekhyun as the lock screen.
"Chanyeol? Can I ask you something?" Baekhyun asked, suddenly looking a lot weaker and scared.
"Of course."
"Where did you find this?" Baekhyun asked in a small voice.
"Er- the mall.. the thing is I saw you there and then I found the phone and the lockscreen and home screen-"
Baekhyun snatched the phone, turning it on and seeing the home screen of Luhan and Kyungsoo at the café they would always visit.
"These pictures are from my Instagram." Baekhyun whispered.
"Maybe someone likes you." Chanyeol said, a little sharper than he'd intended.
"If they liked me then why would they have Kyungsoo and Luhan as the home screen?!" He was really panicking, Chanyeol didn't blame him, the whole situation was extremely ed up.
"Does your Mum have a phone? Your dad? It could be one of theirs." Chanyeol shrugged, trying to calm the boy best he could but instead of a reply Baekhyun put the phone in his bag and left the room.

 


~.~

 


"Did he try something with you?" Lujan raised an eyebrow.
"It wasn't anything to do with Chanyeol." Baekhyun whispered.
"Baek, you're acting really weird, speaking of weird, where's Soo?" Luhan stood up, looking around the cafeteria like a meerkat in the hope of finding the small kid.
"He wasn't in class today Lu." Baekhyun informed, pleased that they where on a different topic.
"I haven't seen him since Monday morning." Luhan complained.
"Lu, that was two days ago, he's probably just sick." Baekhyun rolled his eyes.
Luhan's eyes widened and he grabbed his friends shoulders like Baekhyun was dying.
"Maybe he's been put in witness protection!" Luhan gasped at his own conclusion.
"If he was in witness protection then we would have been informed." Baekhyun assured.
"No! When people go into witness protection they don't tell anyone! Plus Soo was a pretty friend so even if he could he wouldn't." The blonde slumped down on his chair, giving up on his search.

 

~.~

 


Chanyeol wasn't stuck up. His parents weren't around enough to spoil him, they where constantly away on business and the only time he would hear from them was when they would put money into his credit card.
Living in the giant house alone was really lonely so he would invite people round a lot, it wasn't exactly difficult, pretty much everyone at his school wanted to get in his pants.

So it wasn't anything special when the doorbell went off. Chanyeol got himself ready for breaking a girl's heart as nicely as possible, pulling on a jumper and opening the heavy black door.

"Baekhyun?"

 

~.~

 

 

Authors note:

 

Thank you soso much for reading my story !! 

 

As I said this is my first time writing a fanfic like this so thank you for supporting my story. If there are any errors then don't hesitate in letting me know! <3

 

Please comment :))