Reporting To Work

Nine Angels On Mission?

Minho patted his forehead suddenly and shouted “Oh gosh, I’ve forgotten! How are you going for work when you don’t have any other decent clothes with you?”

“Oh! I’ll be able to get myself any new set of clothes with just a flick of my fingers!” Yuri replied cheerfully and demonstrated right away in front of Minho. Instantly, she had changed into a light pink blouse with a white tight skirt completing with white high heels.

“So why didn’t you get yourself a change of clothes last night after showering?” (-_-“) Minho asked curiously. “And saved me from getting nose bleed” He sulked and added silently.

“Eh… I’ve forgotten that I’m able to do that… Sorry for causing you trouble…” Yuri scratched her head and bowed in embarrassment, trying to hide her pink face from Minho.

But Minho disallowed her to do that. He gently tilted Yuri’s chin and gave a small peck on her lips. “You are so cute” Minho complimented her with a loving smile which made Yuri blushed even more.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

They left for work half an hour later. It had been quite long ever since Minho drove to work. He loved and cherished the earth a lot and hence he avoided getting to work via car to minimise pollution. Mostly, he would take trains and buses. It was an odd sign for his employees to see their boss travelling with them on public transport but they soon got used to it after knowing his reason.

However, today was a special day. Minho was so protective of Yuri that he drove her to his office instead of squeezing around in trains or buses. He wanted to minimise the number of people looking at her.

Minho’s employees were surprised to see him arriving by car. It was even a rare sign to see a gorgeous lady walking beside him. Their hardworking boss who always exerted himself to work till late night everyday actually had such a pretty girlfriend?

“Yo, morning, buddy!” Taecyeon, Minho’s best friend since high school patted him on his shoulder. Taecyeon turned to look at the mysterious lady beside his friend and smiled to acknowledge her presence.

Taecyeon arched his eyebrows in surprise when he saw Minho draping his right arm over Yuri’s shoulder protectively. He decided to ignore the killer look from Minho and talked to Yuri.

Taecyeon extended his right hand towards Yuri and introduced “Hi, I’m Taecyeon, buddy of your jealous boyfriend! How do I address you?”

Yuri shook hand with Taecyeon and replied shyly “I’m Yuri, fiancée of your buddy”. Her greeting speech made everyone presence, eye dropped and mouth opened widely ungraciously.

Minho grinned broadly, contentedly and triumphantly that Yuri had announced that she was his and not forgetting to send a warning look to all his male employees.

“I should have guessed it earlier, seeing how my buddy grinning likes an idiot.” Taecyeon joked and earned a light punch from Minho. But Taecyeon did not heed his warning and invited Yuri to be his accounts assistant as his department was short of staff.

Minho stared wide-eyed at Taecyeon who grinned back triumphantly and displayed a victory sign.

Yuri glanced meaningfully at Minho which made Minho looked back at her with a pleading look.  Minho’s employees were even more surprised to see Minho’s almost teary puppy eyes. They were glad that they had a topic to gossip during tea break.

“Hmmm… I’m sorry about that. I’ll not be able to take up your offer as I will get giddy spells if I see figures…” Yuri apologised. “However, I’ll introduce a good candidate, an expertise in this field to help you!” Yuri added on cheerfully, a mischievous and excited glint reflected in her eyes.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Oh no… oh no… Yuri, please don’t let it be me…”Yoona closed her eyes and prayed hard.

Siwon, Yunho and Nichkhun had requested mission for the first time from their father and dashed quickly to the demon reign to execute some disturbing demons. To them, demons were easier to handle than helping Yuri. The siblings knew that Yuri was very close to their cousin, Cupid. Hence, she had learnt some match-making skills from him. The trio knew Yuri was going to put her learning to first use.

“Yoona, are you there?” Yuri’s clear voice penetrated through the thick clouds and reached her sister. Yoona slumped her shoulders in defeat and teleported sulkily to the human reign to find the troublemaker.

The rest of the girls turned pale. They wondered who would be called next. Ironically, these angels were praying hard to god that it would not be their turn soon.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yoona stomped into the reception area with her menace glare trying to locate Yuri. She was so engrossed in finding Yuri that she bumped into Taecyeon when she suddenly halted and turned around. Their lips brushed accidentally.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Yes!” Yuri exclaimed quietly. “I did it!” Minho stared at her in wonder. Both of them were hiding around a bend and witnessed a successful match-making session done by Yuri.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“KIM YURI! YOU ARE GOING TO BE DEAD MEAT!” Yoona sent a threatening thought mentally when she caught Yuri and Minho hiding behind a pillar and witness her embarrassment.

Yuri held onto Minho’s arm and stepped out of their hiding place. She made a face at her sister before running off, giggling with Minho. Both succeeded in setting up their friend / sister.