Birthday Celebration (continued….)

Nine Angels On Mission?

After sending his family out, leaving them thinking that they had well celebrated Minho’s birthday, Minho slumped into the couch, feeling defeated and depressed that he would be stuck with Yuri, the ‘half-witted’ angel for a year. “It was the worst birthday I had in my twenty-five years! *sob* I never even get to eat my favourite honey roasted chicken!” Minho thought miserably, echoing the same sentiment with his noisy stomach.

The three handsome brothers and eight equally pretty sisters of Yuri had also gone home. It seemed that they were even more anxious than Minho to leave Yuri. They bade goodbye to Minho and Yuri and left in a haste.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Clash! Bang! Pong!” Clashing sounds could be heard from Minho’s kitchen. Minho quickly scrambled to his feet in seconds and rushed to the kitchen. He was surprised to see Yuri sitting on the floor with her shoulders slumping as if in defeat. The pans and pots were lying on the floor.

Minho rushed to Yuri’s side, squatted down and was prepared to give her a good scolding for messing around with his cooking utensils. But his scolding speech was long forgotten when he saw Yuri’s teary puppy eyes looking up at him, holding her right hand up and showing her bleeding thumb. “Sorry… Sorry… Sorry, Minho! I was… I was just… Trying to fulfil your wish…  Of roasting a chicken... For… For your birthday… But… But… But I… Think I’ve messed it up… again” Yuri sobbed at her clumsiness.

Minho’s heart melted and softened at Yuri’s sincerity. He helped her up and washed her injuries under the running water and walked out of the kitchen, leaving Yuri dumbfounded by his caring act. He returned shortly with a first-aid box and bandaged Yuri’s thumb, the pain and concern reflecting clearly in his eyes.

Yuri was startled that her new cool and serious master had just shown her the gentle side of him. She was already mentally prepared for another scolding of her careless act and not confirming his wish before she proceeded. She never thought that Minho would forgive her stupidity act and helped her. If it was any of her family members, they would be screaming their heads off by now.

Yuri was mesmerized by Minho’s handsome face and her heart skipped a beat when Minho caught her stealing glances. All the blood seemed to go against gravity and gushed to her face. Her tomato face made Minho smiled and patted her head lovingly.

“Hi, pretty angel? I thought you are going to make me a late supper?” Minho chuckled. “Come on, I’ll help you. I would not want my kitchen to be in chaos before I eat anything edible. Anyway, seriously speaking, I do not trust your cooking skill.”

Yuri put her hands on her waist, scowled and pouted like a little girl. Minho chuckled even more and placed a light kiss on Yuri’s lips before reaching for the fridge to bring out another frozen chicken. Yuri stood frozen; her brain had difficulty to process the kiss by her new master. A few minutes passed before Minho finally nudged her, bringing her mind back to earth.

Yuri smiled, thinking that Minho would not be so bad after all. She even compared him to her brothers and placed him at the top of her favourite list. She carried on the cooking with Minho and caused more disturbance but joy and laughter to the process.

Finally, by 11.50pm, the honey roasted chicken was ready to eat. The large birthday cake was placed next to it at the dining table. Yuri lit up the candles with a flick of her fingers and sang the birthday song to Minho.

Minho’s emotion was a 180° turn from just now. He felt that his birthday celebration this year was the best in his life. After the song ended, Yuri motioned for Minho to make a wish.

Minho closed his eyes and thought silently. “I wish to have a kiss from…”

“Woof! Woof!” The neighbour’s barked unexpectedly, causing Minho’s thought to stray to the image of the white fluffy puppy.

“Ok! Wish granted” Yuri flicked her fingers. Minho’s face turned white with horror when he saw the cute little puppy running straight towards him, jumped up and planted a wet, sloppy kiss on his lips!

Then the puppy jumped off and ran quickly back to its house before Minho could beat him. Minho spat out the puppy’s saliva and tried to vomit out the nauseous feeling. Next to him, Yuri clutched to her stomach, squatted down and was laughing non-stop ungraciously. Minho rushed to the kitchen to rinse his mouth under the tap.

When he returned, Yuri was still laughing, with tears in her eyes. He felt fed up and wanted to get revenge. He used his finger to scoop up the cream from the cake and wiped it across Yuri’s left cheek. Yuri’s fought back and scooped more cream on Minho’s face.

Minho’s birthday ended on a happy note…