First Date = Meeting Parents = Disaster…

Nine Angels On Mission?

(Hi everyone! Thank you for supporting my ff on Minyul... This chapter is going to be quite long as most probably I won't be able to update this few days... Hence I seek your forgiveness!)

Minho faced the family gathering of around thirty relatives in his house. “A birthday party? It looks more like an engagement party. It seems that the whole family is here to celebrate that I’m going to be married.” Minho thought to himself. Nonetheless, he forced a smile and greeted “Hi dad! Hi mum! Hi everyone! I’m home with…”

“With his lovely wife” Taemin interrupted and grinned at his red-faced elder brother.

“Hi dad! Hi mum! Hi everyone! I’m Kim Yuri, Minho’s fiancée” Yuri repeated what Minho and Taemin had said earlier and earned a surprised glare from Minho. Well, this did not mean that Minho found Yuri unattractive or disliked her. He would be glad to have a pretty and y girlfriend like her. But he just met her for a few minutes with all facts of Yuri unknown. On top of that, Minho knew his mum’s character. Once she knew that Yuri was his wife-to-be, she would find all means to interrogate Yuri and squeeze out information regarding their relationship.

“Thank you for your compliment! And I will try my hardest effort to survive your family questioning.” Yuri sent a thought to Minho, winking at him.

Minho arched his eyebrows in surprise. He never thought Yuri would be a real angel and was able to communicate mentally. He found himself asking back her mentally. “I have only asked you for help in acting as my girlfriend though. Since when did you become my fiancée?”

Yuri tilted her head innocently and sent a reply back. “I heard you thinking that your birthday party become an engagement party with me. I’m just going along with your plan”

“Alright, you two, please stop flirting in front of us. I’m getting goose bumps all over my body” Taemin shook his body, trying to shake off imaginary goose bumps.

“Oh, hubby, I’m so fascinated by their love! If only Yuri’s family is here for the gathering as well. It will be a double bonus! Then it will be Minho’s birthday engagement party!” Mrs Choi squealed happily to her husband.

“Yeah, I agree! Maybe Yuri’s family should come and see what mess she had gotten me into” Minho thought subconsciously, unaware that Yuri had received a wrong signal.

“No problem, Mrs Choi! I’ll get them here right away!” Yuri gave an ‘ok’ sign and skipped out of the house joyfully.

Minho took a few seconds to react and finally understood that he had sent out a wrong signal. He hurried after Yuri and got out of his house.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Daddy! Mummy! My lovely sisters and brothers! Yuri needs help here! Can all of you come to my assistance?” Yuri clasped her palms tightly and stared pleadingly at the clear night sky, hoping that her wish can be sent to her family.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Oh dear! She’s calling out to her family to come? God knows what more misfortunes could have happened!”  Minho slumped his shoulders, feeling defeated, knowing that he was a step too late to prevent the inevitable.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Alright, lovely children, please show your support and compassionate love to Yuri by helping her!” The king ordered all three sons and eight remaining daughters to assist Yuri.

“What?! What about you and mummy?” Taeyeon was the first to show her disapproval.

“Just tell the in-laws that we have gone onto a yearly honeymoon plus you are the one who suggest to ‘get rid’ of Yuri, hence, please go now and help.” The king shrugged his shoulders innocently, pushing all the blame and responsibilities to his eldest daughter without feeling remorse.

All the other siblings glared at Taeyeon, blaming her for the misfortune. Nonetheless, all were supportive and went to Yuri’s help right away, but nagged non-stop at Taeyeon on their way to Minho’s house.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Yuri!” Yuri turned her head to the direction of the voice and was glad to see her siblings coming to her aid. She smiled broadly and caused Minho to be dazzled by her bright angelic smile.

“Alright, let’s go” Siwon said to Yuri and put his right arm protectively over her shoulder and walked towards Minho. Minho was shocked, completely shocked that this group of handsome young men and pretty ladies were Yuri’s siblings.

“Hi, I’m Yunho, Yuri’s second brother. Thanks for the compliment, young man, but we better be going” The guy with short spiky brown hair was wearing a white suit just like the other two guys, smiled and sent a thought mentally to Minho to acknowledge his presence.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was a spectacle to see Minho and Yuri arriving back at the house with three charming young men wearing white suits and eight attractive elegant young ladies wearing white gowns following behind them. All of them were dumbfounded, thinking that they had just witnessed angels descending to earth.

“If only they know what they have thought is true.” Tiffany winked at Jessica who had the same thought too.

“Herm herm…!” Minho cleared his throat, trying to gain back the attention from his statue-liked family.

Mr. Choi was the first to react. “Yuri, so where are our in-laws?”

“Mr. Choi, I’m Siwon, the eldest brother of Yuri. This is Yunho and Nichkhun. The girls here are Taeyeon, Jessica, Tiffany, Soo Young, Hyoyeon, Sunny, Yoona and Seohyun. I apologise on behalf of our parents. They are currently away on a yearly honeymoon and thus unable to return back at such short notice.” Siwon replied with a sincere apologetic smile which managed to send electric shots to all the ladies except his sisters.

“Well, it’s ok then. Shall we have our dinner first? I’ve roasted chicken and cooked some simple dishes.” Mrs. Choi suggested shyly and won approvals from the children with growling stomach.

“It will be faster if the roasted chicken flies out from the oven to the dining room here” Minho thought, his right hand rubbing on his rumbling stomach absently.

Yuri received Minho’s thought but she was too lazy to differentiate whether Minho’s thought was just a stray thought or a wish wanted to be granted.

Yuri used her mentality power to open the oven door and pull out the honey roasted chicken. Soo Young sensed what she was doing and tried to stop her by pulling the chicken back to the oven. Yuri never thought that the obstacle was caused by her fourth sister and continued to tug on the poor chicken.

Mrs Choi wanted to enter the kitchen to bring out dinner but was stopped by Nichkhun who had received a pleading message from Soo Young about the ‘war’ in the kitchen. “Yes, my dear boy, what is it?” Mrs. Choi asked, ignorant to the ‘mini-war’ in her kitchen.

“Erm… Mrs. Choi, may I know…”

Nichkhun could hardly finish his sentence before Mrs. Choi dashed into the kitchen after hearing a loud ‘beep’ sound from the oven. She was in time to see her honey roasted chicken flying in the mid-air with invisible forces tugging at two sides of the pathetic chicken. Yuri and Soo Young increased their mind power and tugged for the last time. This caused the chicken to explode in front of Mrs. Choi’s eyes.

Mrs. Choi was shocked to see the already cooked chicken flying in the kitchen; she gave a yelp and fainted. Yunho’s quick reflex managed to catch hold of Mrs. Choi before she fell to the floor. Mr. Choi rushed to his wife side and tried to shake her awake.

Siwon made use of the time to freeze the moment, making all Minho’s family members still and unmoving. Only the angels and Minho were able to move.

“KIM YURI! ARE YOU TRYING TO GET US INTO TROUBLE?!” Kim Taeyeon yelled at the top of her voice. Luckily, after Siwon stopped the time, Yunho was quick enough to cut off the house from the remaining world. Hence, those people outside Minho’s house would not know what was going on in there.

Yuri’s three brothers have to go through all the procedures, rules and regulations with Yuri. Siwon taught Yuri how to differentiate a stray thought from a real wish. Nichkhun taught Yuri to confirm Minho’s wish with him before proceeding so as to prevent misunderstanding and miscommunication. The other girls had to inform Minho on how to make his wish to Yuri and not letting her getting a wrong request. All these briefings took them nearly half an hour to finish.

In the end, the three guys had to alter Minho’s family memory to a memory of them celebrating Minho’s birthday and let them left the house.