Beginning of A New Day...

Nine Angels On Mission?

Minho woke up in the morning to warm rays of sunlight passing through the bedroom windows. He tried to stretch his body but felt a weight resting on his right arm. He turned and was surprised to see Yuri snuggling against him. Minho felt wonderful to wake up early in the morning and see a lovely angel sleeping beside him. He often wished to get married like what his mother had always persuaded but he could not fork out the extra time for socialising.

Minho kissed Yuri lightly on her lips and tried to withdraw his hand without waking Yuri. He washed up and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for both of them.

Half an hour later, breakfast was ready but Minho did not see Yuri coming down. He walked up to the guest room and tried to wake up Yuri.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Alright, boys and girls, it’s show time!” The excited king and queen with their children were watching the scene unfolding from the heaven. All of them wondered how much patience Minho had in order to wake up Yuri. The three brothers were already busy placing bet with each other. The girls were no exception, no one bet Minho could wake up Yuri within half an hour.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Minho, oblivious to the gods and angels betting on him and Yuri’s sleeping habit, got onto the bed and tried to wake her. “Hey, morning, sleepy angel, it’s time to work!” Minho patted softly on Yuri’s shoulder and said gently.

Yuri merely gave a snore to acknowledge his presence and got back to sleep. Minho did not give up so easily and continued to shake her but there was no response from Yuri. “I wonder since when master is required to wake up his angel?” Minho smiled, shook his head and continued to think of ways to wake up the sleeping princess.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From above, the angels were already cheering on. Fifteen minutes had passed and they awaited Minho’s next move.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally, Minho resorted to the last method. He pressed his lips firmly to Yuri’s and stayed there. Yuri’s lips were so sweet and soft that Minho deepened the kiss and nib at her lips without a second thought.

Yuri felt something nibbling at her lips and felt breathless. She used her hand to sweep off the disturbance and was surprised that her hand was clasped firmly by another hand. Yuri opened her eyes and the scene stunned her. Minho was glazing adoringly into Yuri’s eyes with his lips firmly pressed onto hers. She blinked a few times and that seemed to wake up Minho as well. Both sat up with blushing red face and feeling breathless. Minho scolded himself for taking advantages of Yuri when she was sleeping and got caught.

“Sorry… Sorry for kissing you without permission… I… I’ve prepared breakfast for you… Please… please come down… and… and eat when you are ready” Minho stammered and left the room hastily.

Yuri touched her lips, thinking how sweet it was to see the serious guy being embarrassed and stuttering.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Oh my gosh, Minho had only used eighteen minutes to wake up Yuri! It’s a world record that we should celebrate!” Soo Young clapped her hands happily, jumping around crazily with the other girls.

“Oh yes! Minho is the perfect saviour for us!” Taeyeon exclaimed cheerfully, grateful that the difficult task had thrown to someone else.

The king, queen and Yuri’s three brothers nodded their heads approvingly.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

They ate their breakfast in silence as they had no idea how to break the embarrassing moment between them.

“I…” “Later…” Both of them spoke up at the same time. They looked at each other and bowed their head apologetically.

“Ladies first” Minho offered with a smile.

“I think that it’s the most wonderful breakfast I had” Yuri murmured with a shy smile.

“I’m glad to hear that. Anyway, I was about to say that I’ve to go to work today. Would you like to join me?” Minho asked with anticipation, hoping that Yuri would agree.

“Since this is your wish, I’ll go” Yuri nodded her head shyly as apparently she heard the desperate plea in Minho’s voice.