The Attack

My Light in the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The witches sighed in response and walked ahead to find the girls. They knew Sooyoung had given them this warning to tell them that it was time to say goodbye.
 

 

Tiffany walked silently alongside Taeyeon, head bowed as tears threatened to spill. She couldn't believe that Taeyeon would wake up tomorrow with no recollection of meeting her. Meanwhile, Taeyeon stayed silent out of fear she might say something wrong again. She could feel the sadness radiating from Tiffany and decided it was better to give her the comfort of her presence rather than her words.

 

'I had fun today,' Tiffany finally whispered.

 

The two were trailing behind the others a little.

 

'Mm... So did I,' Taeyeon chose her words carefully, 'let's have fun together again soon, Fany-ah.'

 

The tears Tiffany had been holding back fell at Taeyeon's words, but she kept her head lowered so her long brown hair would cover her face. Reaching out to hold onto Taeyeon's hand, she gave it a tight squeeze and took a deep breath.

 

Tiffany hated goodbyes. She'd never been good at them. She remembered the day they graduated from Salem and had to say goodbye to their professors and deans. She'd grown so attached to their gentle voices and daily speeches that she couldn't bear to leave them. She remembered thinking the full tin of cookies she baked for each of them, along with a heart-felt note expressing her immense gratitude for all that they'd done, was far from enough to convey how thankful she was. 

 

She remembered the day the witches were made to move to Ubi Falls to start a proper coven lair. The countless goodbyes she had to bid her dad for long periods at a time as they weren't permitted to take long-term vacations. She was distraught, especially since she knew that her father would be alone as her mother, a human, had passed away a while back. At this thought, Tiffany realised the danger of growing attached to Taeyeon. Even if it worked out, she was a human and would pass on soon enough. Tiffany on the other hand, though not immortal, would live for another couple thousand years or more. She didn't want to deal with the pain of losing Taeyeon after getting even more attached.

 

Maybe it's really better this way, Tiffany thought and tried to convince herself that Sooyoung's plan was the best thing for everyone.

 

In front, Seohyun was trying to figure out what her last words to Yoona were going to be. On the other hand, Yoona thought Seohyun was ignoring her and pouted, nudging at Seohyun to pay attention.

 

'Seo, are you even listening to me?' Yoona whined.

 

'Oh did you say something? Sorry, I was dazing a little.'

 

Before Yoona could reply, a sharp scream pierced through the air, causing everyone to snap their head towards the source.

 

'Wait, where's Yuri?!' Taeyeon suddenly ran forward and shouted in a panic, spinning round looking for the missing girl.

 

'That scream sounded like Yuri, I think it came from over there! Hurry guys!' Jessica sprinted off to the right of the trail.

 

Upon approaching, Jessica could see the familiar red glow from the silhouette hovering above Yuri. Water from her bottle shot through the air and whipped the demon harshly at the wave of Jessica's hand. Before the demon could hit the ground, a pink cheetah whizzed forward, turning into a leopard at the last second, and pounced. Tiffany bit into the black body and flung it in the air where Jessica swiftly froze her water into icicles and pierced them through the demon's heart. The bright red glow faded into darkness and the demon fell limply on the ground, dissipating just moments after.

 

Jessica turned to see Yuri shaking on the ground, Taeyeon at her side her hair and hugging her close.

 

'What... the hell just happened?' Hyoyeon found it hard to speak. The girls were horrified.

 

'Sunny,' Sooyoung said, and Sunny understood immediately.

 

'It's okay~ just calm down, don't be afraid~ you're all safe now~' Sunny sang sweetly.

 

There was a clear improvement in everyone's mood, especially the four girls. Although their breathing was forcefully slowed back to normal, the overwhelming fear and confusion was still evident in their eyes.

 

Realising the girls would be too afraid to drink from her bottle, Sooyoung took out her Kukata Mist and blew it towards the girls, knocking them out. The witches gasped at the scene, stunned by Sooyoung's sudden actions.

 

'Soo, why'd you do that?!' Tiffany yelled and ran to Taeyeon's side.

 

'They wouldn't have drank the potion otherwise,' Sooyoung took out her water bottle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter