Family

My Light in the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon was always the mother of the group. In her mind, it was her duty to care for the girls because she was the oldest, but she was born with the ability to lead as well. Putting others before herself came naturally, and she felt the need to protect those around her, especially those who couldn't protect themselves. The girls had been from the same school since they were little, but they'd met under strange circumstances.

 

 

- Flashback - 

 

Taeyeon was walking down a hallway in the west wing of the school, the Arts Faculty Building. She had just finished singing class and was mentally sorting through the various mistakes she had made during class.

 

'You were breathing too hard Taeyeon, it'd be great if you could steady yourself a little more, especially for the parts with long strings of words.' Taeyeon remembered her vocal teacher's comments and took a mental note to practice controlling her breathing later that night before sleeping.

 

As she walked past the dance room, two figures inside snapped her out of her thoughts. Two pretty girls were dancing their hearts out to what she guessed was a lively song, because the soundproof doors prevented her from hearing anything. She felt compelled to befriend them but couldn't understand why at that time. She cupped her eyes against the small glass panel of the door and entered when she saw that there wasn't a teacher inside. The two dancers immediately stopped to greet Taeyeon with a surprised look.

 

'Hi, I'm Taeyeon. Sorry for disrupting, but I just wanted to tell you guys how great your dancing is. It was amazing to see how you guys moved so fluidly, are you guys from the dance society?'

 

'Hi Taeyeon! I'm Hyoyeon, and this is Yuri,' Hyoyeon motioned to the brunette beside her, 'thank you so much for coming in just to say that. And yeah, this is actually our third year in the dance society! Would you like to join?'

 

'Ahaha... No no, I have two left feet. I think I'd better stay in the choir and leave the dancing to the pros.'

 

'The school choir? Really? That's so cool! I've always wished I could sing well,' Yuri's eyes sparkled as she spoke.

 

'I guess we all have our unique talents in that way, huh?' Hyoyeon laughed.

 

'Truly! That keeps things interesting, no? Hey Taeyeon, we were just about to grab some lunch, do you want to join us?' Yuri and Hyoyeon both fished out a towel from their duffel bags to dry off their sweat.

 

Taeyeon glanced at her watch before agreeing. The three girls walked and talked to the the cafeteria, clueless that this first meal would blossom into a strong unbreakable bond. Just like the witches, the three girls found the youngest member of their group last.

 

After the lunch they had that day, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon and Yuri were inseparable. Taeyeon learned that she was the oldest by a year, followed by Hyoyeon and then Yuri, who were the same age, but Hyoyeon was born 3 months ahead. She also learned that Hyoyeon and Yuri were childhood best friends as they had attended the same dance school since they were 8.

 

The trio were all in different form classes but always found one another during breaks and lunches. Spending time together after school became more and more common. Taeyeon would head straight to the orphanage after school most days to help out with cleaning a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter