Introductions

My Light in the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany sat down last, along the aisle. The opening of the hall door caused several students to turn around, but Tiffany had her eyes locked onto only one girl’s. Her breath hitched.

 

 

Tiffany released the breath she was holding in and turned away quickly. No getting attached, she reminded herself.

 

‘Tiff, you okay?’

 

‘Yeah Seo, I’m fine. Just adrenaline rush from jumping around.’ Tiffany fixed her eyes on the lady walking up the steps onto the stage in front, afraid Seohyun would pry. Seohyun shrugged it off and concentrated on the introductory briefing.

 

‘Hello there everyone! My name is Desiree, you can address me as Ms Crushaw. I will be your year head for freshman year. On behalf of the staff as well as our Dean, who you will meet shortly, I would like to welcome each and every one of you to Ubi University,’ Ms Crushaw opened her arms wide and beamed proudly. Cheers erupted as the elation of starting college spread throughout the hall. It was contagious. Everyone was thrilled to finally begin living freely and making their own decisions. Seduced by the promise of wild fun, partying, drinking and freedom to make what they thought were inconsequential bad decisions, the freshmen buzzed loudly.

 

‘Okay, settle down guys. I know you're all excited and can’t wait to start orientation, but just bear with me for a bit all right? I’ll try to be as succinct as possible.’ The noise in the room immediately faded to whispers before fizzing out almost completely. ‘So you guys are cooperative, that’s great! If you stay this way throughout your time here, we’re going to get along just fine.’ She grinned and the crowd laughed.

 

What a cutie, Yoona thought, she seems so chill. Fun teachers are the best!

 

'First things first, good news: you guys won't have an academic day for at least the next three days. Exact day of starting your studies depends on what course you're in. So yes, I encourage you all to enjoy your last few days of freedom to the fullest! Responsibly, of course.' Smirks and laughter filled the hall. 'Today will comprise a full school tour, inclusive of the all-encompassing, incredibly rich and beautifully long history of Ubi University.' She chuckled at the uniform groan which echoed through the hall.

 

'You've got to be kidding me...' Jessica droned, 'please tell me we're skipping that, Soo. We've been here long enough to know everything there is to know! It'll be such a waste of time, honestly.'

 

‘We're supposed to blend in, Jess. So no, we're all going. No exceptions. We’ll just spend the time decoding Darin’s poem while the others are listening.’

 

Jessica huffed and slumped in her seat although she hadn't expected a different answer from Sooyoung.

 

‘You’ll be visiting the Arts, Humanities and Social Science faculties today as well as the common areas such as the cafeterias, gym, swimming pool, et cetera. The welcome pack you got when you registered contains a school map, just in case any of you get lost from your orientation groups. I know you guys would much rather go and have a good time with your friends, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter