Day Out

My Light in the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She giggled slightly and shut her eyes, trying to steady herself before replying. It turned out longer than she expected, and soon she was drifting... Drifting off into dreamland, leaving Tiffany sighing and kicking herself to sleep, frustrated at herself for chasing Taeyeon away by being too forward.

 

 

'Taeng! Get up! It's already 9.30, we're supposed to meet Tiffany at 10!' Hyoyeon pulled the pillow from under Taeyeon's head and repeatedly smacked her with it.

 

She woke with a startled 'oh my goodness,' checked her phone, then jumped out of bed and dashed into the toilet to freshen up.

 

At record time, they were ready to leave the house by 9.50am.

 

'Thank God we're meeting them at the beach,' Taeyeon mumbled in her groggy state.

 

'Thank God we basically live on the beach,' Yoona agreed.

 

The girls walked out their back door and onto the pavement, then the soft sand.

 

Taeyeon raised her head instinctively, to face the warm sun. Her eyes closed, she took a deep breath in and smiled, feeling much more awake than before.

 

From a distance, Tiffany recognised the blond hair and signalled to the witches.

 

'Hi there. Is one of you Taeyeon?' Sooyoung, being the oldest, spoke first.

 

Taeyeon turned away from the sun towards Sooyoung and squinted from the shift in brightness.

 

'I'm Taeyeon,' she said, covering her eyes to help them adjust properly, before making make-shift binoculars with her hands to scan the witches. When her eyes landed on Tiffany, she smiled brightly.

 

'Hi Tiffany.'

 

She frowned slightly when Tiffany just gave her an awkward wave and looked away.

 

Sensing the awkward atmosphere, the rest decided to introduce themselves.

 

'Oh, it's you,' Jessica said as she got a better look when Yuri introduced herself. Both Yuri and Jessica had their hair down that morning as opposed to tied up on their runs the night before and so didn't recognise each other from the start.

 

'Oh, hi! Guys, this is the girl I was telling you I ran into last night,' Yuri said as she turned back to tell her friends.

 

After all their names had been thrown around, the girls decided to start the tour with breakfast.

 

'There's a really great place for pancakes and waffles just further up the beach. They're a breakfast place, strictly closed by noon,' Sooyoung offered.

 

'Which , since we like to sleep in,' Jessica continued.

 

The girls all laugh at the dead-panned manner Jessica used to speak.

 

'Same here, I'm usually the one that sleeps in the most. Surprisingly though, this morning it was Taeyeon who was hell to wake up,' everyone turned towards Taeyeon after hearing Yuri.

 

'Tsk, Yuri,' Taeyeon glared.

 

'Fine, hard to wake up, I meant,' Yuri rolled her eyes jokingly. Seeing the confused faces of the witches, she explained, 'Taeyeon doesn't like cussing. And yes, 'hell' is included, according to her.'

 

The witches, even Tiffany, raised a questioning brow at this.

 

After walking a distance, they found themselves standing in front of a beautiful little pastel pink shop. The glass doors opened automatically as they stepped towards them, inviting the 9 girls in.

 

'Ah, what a beautiful little eatery!' Yoona squealed excitedly, making Seohyun giggle at her childishness.

 

'Sweet Haven' was a sweet spot among the locals, but hardly any tourists walked far enough down the beach to find it, and when they did, it was likely closed by then. The glass windows surrounding the place allowed customers to eat with the splendid view of the beach in the early morning sun.

 

The girls were transfixed. The sight was almost too beautiful to bear.

 

'This is amazing. I'll be here every single morning from now on, no doubt,' Hyoyeon hadn't even glanced at the menu, completely captivated by the view.

 

'Invite me along. I'd give up sleeping in any day for this,' Yuri said, which earned laughs from everyone.

 

Taeyeon's eyes naturally flicked to Tiffany, who she found gazing at her as well. The eye contact made Tiffany flush red and immediately turn away.

 

Puzzled, Taeyeon resolved to confront her about it later when they were alone.

 

 

'This is incredible! How did we miss this yesterday?' Yoona marveled at the seemingly endless rows of vinyls spread across the small vintage music shop.

 

Wynonna Judd's Burning Love blared over the speakers and Yuri and Hyoyeon couldn't help but sway their hips and dance as the others watched and laughed along, even the witches. Flipping their hair and lip-sy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter