I Know I Know You

My Light in the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘… Tiffany,’ the dark-haired girl completed hesitantly, ‘nice to meet all of you.’

 

Taeyeon froze.

 

 

A loud gasp from Hyoyeon, Yuri and Yoona caused everyone to face them. They covered their mouths instantly and stammered that nothing was wrong although their behaviour clearly said otherwise. Most students just shrugged it off as an inside joke amongst the three but the witches were on edge. Why were they so shocked to hear Tiffany's name?

 

'All right, I think it's about time to start the tour! So, you've all seen the school hall. That's where we have most of our cohort briefings or year-end talks. Right there, outside the hall, is Cafe Jubilee, one of the 24-hour cafes on campus. It's great for any muggers planning to burn midnight oil. This entire open area we're standing in is the school yard, and directly across the hall is the administrative building where you all did your registration...'

 

Jessica zoned out after that as Caleb continued explaining the school gym located on the left of the hall, and the cafeteria and bookstore located on the right.

 

Caleb motioned for everyone to follow him out of the courtyard through the path sandwiched between the cafeteria and the bookstore. As the other students strolled just behind the leader, Hyoyeon pulled the girls back and Sooyoung pulled the witches even further.

 

'I swear we've seen them before. And that girl! Her name was Tiffany, Taeng! As in the name you said on reflex that day in the park! There's no way that's a coincidence!' Hyoyeon whisper-shouted.

 

'How does this even make sense? We couldn't have forgotten that we met them right? We've only been here a couple days, and last time I checked, we're not senile!' Yuri tried to keep her voice down but her frustration was dominating. 

 

'Shh! Guys! They're right behind us!' Yoona tried to hush her shriek.

 

'I know it's weird guys. I feel it too, but just let me talk to her okay? That Tiffany girl. I'll figure out where we've met them before. I'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanation to why we find them familiar but for now, just chill out and pay attention to the tour.'

 

The three younger girls didn't answer for a while but sighed in agreement eventually, speeding up to keep up with the rest of the group and leaving the witches straggling behind.

 

 

‘Did you see how they seized up the moment Tiffany introduced herself? What was that all about?’ Jessica muttered under her breath, keeping an eye on the girls in front.

 

‘Honestly, besides their reaction to Tiff’s introduction, Hyoyeon, Yuri and Yoona weren’t even that bad. Did you see how Taeyeon was looking at Tiff? I mean, her eyes were basically glued to her… Sure, they’re supposed to still find us slightly familiar-looking after the memory wipe, but her stare was a little too much, no?’

 

‘You’re right, Sun. Something definitely went wrong the night we erased their memories. At least with Taeyeon. The way she stared up at us while we were in the air wasn’t normal either. No one has ever been able to even remotely see through an invisibility spell before but she knew exactly where we were.’ Sooyoung scratched her head in confusion.

 

‘Did you give her enough of the potion that night?’

 

‘Definitely, I made sure they all got more than enough, and frankly, I think I might have given her the most.’

 

‘That’s weird,’ Jessica mumbled.

 

Seohyun and Tiffany both stayed silent, a common behaviour from the two recently. Too many secrets.

 

‘Oh well, at least she couldn’t actually see through the invisibility spell. Let’s just be extra careful with magic and what we say around those girls,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter