CHAPTER 07

One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just an important note:

 

‘this means their thoughts’ “this means Korean conversation” “this means Chinese conversation” If the whole paragraphs are italicized, it means they’re flashbacks and mixed fonts (italic and normal) are intentional especially in conversations

 

If there are any further changes or additions, I’ll post them in the A/Ns in the future. Continue reading :3

-Chapter 07-

 

“Wow, Han. Never thought I’d be stepping my feet here.” JuYeon whispered in slight awe as the limousine dropped them off in front of the building. Ritz Carlton* was a world class level hotel that JuYeon had never been to but have heard much of it from the number of times VIPs and stars frequent the hotel and she could see why. It felt like one would walk into a modernized skyscraper centre judging by the sheer height aside from the interior glazed with shiny  floors, frequently cleaned walls and smooth four-walled elevators, large chandeliers and the other luxurious facilities she haven’t yet check out. She would definitely bet that JaeHyun would be ecstatic if she ever got to meet the architect of this very building for him. They just arrived from the nearest hotel that LuHan had booked a week prior as Hong Kong was three to four hours away from Beijing based on their flight yesterday and that this hotel was already fully booked by the other guests, probably. JuYeon had clocked out early just before lunch before packing her things for their Hong Kong mini travel where the function would be held at after LuJiang had dismissed her. Today was the D-Day.

 

“Yeah, well, shall we?” LuHan offered his arm as his accompany looped hers around it, his swooning smile attracting quite a few females loitering around the lobby – even foreigners. As she saw his proud smirk, JuYeon rolled her eyes, her other hand hugging his waist. “Ouch!” LuHan’s shout gained him attention, and the man smiled awkwardly at the scene he probably had enacted, before hissing at her still with that smile on his face. “JuYeon, what was that for?!” He whisper-yelled under his breath. “You, being a cocky .” She gritted her teeth, also sporting a sweet smile that could fool the public’s eye as if they were a sweet couple.

 

LuHan cursed under his breath before they arrived at the elevator doors led by the hotel staff. There were a few people inside the large space. “Mrs. Shu?” LuHan greeted an elder woman beside him who was donned elegantly in Jenny Packham’s design, the long-sleeved chiffon of ivory made the elegant mid-fifty year old look younger than her age just with a hint of allure with the single side slit up to her mid-thigh, matching along her Manolo Blahnik’s bronze mid-high pumps. “Oh, LuHan, is it? Are you here for the event too?” LuHan nodded with a wide grin as they both struck up a conversation until they reached the floor of the Diamond Ballroom and Foyer of the skyscraper.

 

“Is this your girlfriend, then, LuHan?” JuYeon immediately turned to the woman questioning her presence with him, smiling in acknowledgement. “Oh no, Mrs. Shu. JuYeon is my date for the night but I’m definitely still solo. Still enjoying life, you know Mrs. Shu?” He joked with the elder as JuYeon judged him mentally. ‘Really? ‘Still enjoying life’?’’ But she just nodded along with his acts. “And besides, there’s a man out here that’s been eyeing her quite a while, I’m not into love triangles. I’m merely an for the function.” JuYeon thanked the heaven that they were in public or else – god forbid – she would’ve already be in the headlines the next day for strangling her boss’ brother at his obnoxious words.

 

They walked into an enormous ballroom filled with renowned businessmen and women alike even from a few foreign countries. “Well, it was nice talking with you again Mrs. Shu but alas, we have to accompany our partnering company after this.” Both the pair bowed a bit out of common respect to the elderly before walking away from the woman, with JuYeon who immediately punched his ribs as LuHan hissed in pain the second time that night. “Ouch! What was that for?!” The twenty seven year old man unconsciously pouted. “Han, really? ‘Still enjoying life’? ‘There’s a man out here that’s been “eyeing” her for quite a while’? The hell was that?” She glared menacingly at him who was then reminded that maybe she was still in presence of the red monster. He flinched.

 

“You couldn’t have just tell her that we’re dates and shut up? No, you just had to blabber about nonsense and-” LuHan clamped shut. “No, you listen. It was just a statement and besides, they are true facts, Xiao mei, true facts.” He said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world but JuYeon stared him down as she pushed his hand off her face successfully. “Stupid deer.” She took a glass of fine Chenin Blanc from a nearby waiter as she left him behind as the victim let out a string of curses.

 

For the first few minutes, the two had greeted and had been greeted by a few representatives from other companies before the host stepped in for greetings. JuYeon had even managed to meet one of ICC’s design architect and design engineer as they were VIP guests with the few subtle mentions of her brother in Armada Consultant who adored the works of the building. LuHan was actually having the time of his life with the fame he gained from both genders that was making her almost lost her mind, knowing that it only seemed to inflate his already ever growing ego and pride.

 

“You’re just jealous that I’m more popular than you, Xiao mei.” He had said and JuYeon could only imagine herself slamming her head to the nearest wall.

 

The woman left him and his egoistic airhead to talk to an Australian representative who had been working and living in China for six years that was genuinely kind to her. They talked in fast-paced English, and she had never been so glad that the man’s Aussie-slang was still understandable. After that there were a few more she encountered with when LuHan motioned for her come to him. Complying, the young EPA neared him with an asking expression etched on her face as he stood next to a tall man that exuded an authoritive and superior aura, so as if he held commands in the ballroom equal with other powerful people in the ballroom. Perhaps, another young CEO?

 

“This is JuYeon; my date for the night. You know, the one I always annoy? Yeah, Jiang-ge’s EPA. Xiao mei, this is one of my best friends, aside from ZiTao.” He grinned at her unamused face as the man grinned lopsidedly, apparently having recognized her from LuHan’s tell-tales. “Evening, Miss Jung. My name’s Wu YiFan.” The young male clad in metallic peaked lapel suit from Saint Laurent kissed the back of her hand out of common courtesy. He was wearing a bee print shirt also from D&G under it, along with matching black DSQUARED2’s Victorian papillon tie. At his name, though, the female’s eyes widened, recognizing him as one of the most eligible bachelors alongside LuHan (and JoonMyun, but she didn’t want to be reminded of the other one) as he owned and ran his own fashion lines at K. Wu Couture. His parents owned Galaxy Hub – one of the hottest technology outlets all over China and a few in Vancouver, his birthplace.

 

He was definitely a charmer and flirty in a very friendly way after talking to him for just ten minutes – JuYeon concluded that. Just like ZiTao, even though he looked intimidating, YiFan was actually an absolute dork after witnessing him try to flirt with her the second time but ended up almost chocking on his own wine. “Hey guys. I think we should take our seats. Oh and by the way, mei, lover boy’s on our table.” LuHan winked at her as he whisked the female away from YiFan, hearing his chuckle, and dragged them back to their seats. “Wait, LuHan. Seriously, stop dragging me like a ragdoll. And for your information, JoonMyun’s not my lover boy!” She hissed at him as LuHan sat down, almost making her stumble in the process.

 

And that was when she tilted her head up, meeting JoonMyun’s ever intense gaze, momentarily forgetting what oxygen even was anymore. His white trimmed lapels, front pockets, and pants were a contrast to his otherwise black suit and bee-striped dress shirt, both from D&G. He topped them off with Tom Ford’s grosgrain bow loafers shining on the floor. His blemish-free face looked even more handsome with his jet-black hair styled-swept to his back left that showcase his sleek forehead. He had always been attractive, even JuYeon couldn’t help but stare star-strucked, just like in the past. JoonMyun turned to her after shaking LuHan’s hand, reaching out to place another heart-stopping kiss on the back of her palm, the silver Omega ‘Seamaster Planet Ocean’ analogue on his wrist glinting under the grand chandelier.

 

She couldn’t look away from him.

 

She never could. Hence the reason she avoided looking at him at all. Because she knew, like right now, his gaze seem to just hypnotize her into staring back right into his dark brown, prying eyes. And like kryptonite, she was weak only for him. That was one fact she could never hide well enough – even after years of not meeting him. And that actually scared her.

 

“I never said that it was him, now did I, Xiao mei? Oh look, said JoonMyun is here.” LuHan’s voice made her blink out of her stupor as she turned to glare at the who, sadly (and unfortunately on her part) was more superior than her in terms of work titles. JoonMyun stared at LuHan in curiosity over his words (mostly because he didn’t understand Mandarin past basic greeting conversations and partly because the Chinese had mentioned his name) and JuYeon panicked inwardly. “Ah, I was just asking when you were arriving, Mr. Kim. The event had started earlier and you haven’t arrived yet.” She professionally smiled, lips firmly shut into a tight-lipped smile as she feigned nonchalance. “I apologize deeply for making you wait. We’ve received a call back from Seoul earlier due to some matters but I can assure you, all is well. And as I’ve said before, no need for formalities, JuYeon, at least out of our work. Just JoonMyun is fine, since we’ve known each other for long.” He resumed staring into her eyes

 

If the Chinese man wasn’t so interested before, then he was absolutely intrigued now with JuYeon and JoonMyun’s ‘relationship’ or ‘tension’ as the la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter