CHAPTER 13

One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just an important note:

 

‘this means their thoughts’ “this means Korean conversation” “this means Chinese conversation” If the whole paragraphs are italicized, it means they’re flashbacks and mixed fonts (italic and normal) are intentional especially in conversations

 

If there are any further changes or additions, I’ll post them in the A/Ns in the future. Continue reading :3

 

-Chapter 13-

 

They were inside a large suite JoonMyun had led her to, she bet he had the access since it was their hotel branch after all. The suite was actually a large one (she somehow had a hunch it was a newlywed suite as the accommodations included a couple spa package and there was only a single king-sized bed complete with roses on top, if that wasn’t obvious enough) since JoonMyun said she could stay for a bit as he was going to pick up something of which she didn’t have any clue to what it was. But being obedient, the woman didn’t ask him the questions in her mind because she was sure that her fiancé had a good reason to leave her alone in the grand hotel room.

 

She checked out the room, which actually felt like an apartment itself, kind of like JoonMyun’s penthouse, but in a hotel-like way. ‘Does that even make any sense?’ She shook her head out of her thoughts, admiring the view from the windows instead. “Whoa….” During the time she and her family had moved here to Busan, the woman had never explored to this part of the city. Well, she did move here only a few months after she started working for the company before she got transferred to China. So basically, JuYeon had barely any time to explore the whole city on her own.

 

The bell to her suite dinged, letting the only person in the room knew the presence of a newcomer. JuYeon got up from her sitting position along the window sill, strutting to the white wooden double doors to wrung the handle open, revealing a woman probably seven or eight years older than herself, with a plastic covered hanger (suspiciously containing something along the lines of a suit or a dress), making the younger lass frown in confusion, not very sure how she should respond to the smiling lady in front of her. Oh, and did she mention? There was another girl, who looked like a high schooler – in JuYeon’s opinion, judging by the bubblegum-chewing, pink manicured fingernails, sweater-denim skinny jeans-and-Vans clad girl with straight brown hair, maybe a student trainee?

 

“Hello, Mrs. Kim, we’re here under request from Mr. Kim. I’m Shin SunBi,” the elder woman introduced herself, before pointing towards the much younger girl behind her, looking out of place as she carried a small box (which again, suspiciously looked like a shoebox) and another smaller one with a very familiar logo on top that JuYeon was sure she had seen quite a few times considering some of her wardrobe choices were from the very brand itself. “This is my niece, she’s a trainee high schooler but she always helps me out during the holidays. “They passed her the items on the side of the door. “Mr. Kim asked of you to give me a call to help you with your make up, Mrs. Kim.” When SunBi addressed her with JoonMyun’s surname, the younger woman blushed unconsciously. “I, uh, think you got that wrong, I’m Jung JuYeon, I’m not JoonMyun’s wife.” She corrected the former, only receiving a dismissive wave and a laugh. ‘Um, did I accidentally make a joke or something? What’s so funny?’ She awkwardly fidgeted. “Oh no, you are engaged to our boss, so technically you are going to be his wife. It’s kind of expected to be called that already. The same thing happened to our boss’ cousin, Kim MinSeok’s wife when she was engaged to him. I think you have to get used to it, Mrs. Kim.” SunBi winked to the flustered lady before the two left.

 

JuYeon sighed visibly and carried the items to the rose petals covered duvet, scanning each one before taking the hanger, ping the black plastic before gasping out loud, eyes widened to the size of saucers at the Derek Lam tag on the dress, wondering not just how much did JoonMyun spent for her on this, but also since when did he even got the time to even buy this. They were together pretty much the whole day, it was kind of hard for him to have buy this for her secretly. Well… Unless he had the helping hand for someone else to buy the turquoise-green dress in his place. It was nothing fancy of some sort, but the designer’s tag on it must had at least cost him quite a sum of large money, and the said designer was not anywhere local, that much the young woman knew.

 

And that was just the first part of the item she just received. There were still two boxes to go through. JuYeon then sighed, picking up the bigger box next to the smaller one, with a logo she was not familiar with, but would bet on her whole life savings that it was still from a big-shot designer. Yes, she had never even heard of the brand when she looked at it, but she wasn’t going to ignore that it looked absolutely simple yet gorgeous, a little on the fancy side, and she thought that it could suit in quite a lot of occasions if she were to wear the silver leather stiletto peep toes. It was simple, but the colourful studs embellished around it’s edges were magnificent on it’s simple body. Well, another burden to her heart.

 

The last box made her pray for all humanity so that it would be the least expensive that her JoonMyun oh-s-generously decided to gift her with. Well, one could only hope. It was Kim JoonMyun we were talking about here. She had a feeling that if a million is gone from his bank account, he would just report but feel nothing of it. It must look like only a thousand won was out from it. The box was actually from the Alexander McQueen, a name that was known mostly for his astounding clutches Hollywood celebrities usually wore to the red carpet awards. The purse was a multi-coloured heart frame box clutch, and if she wore it with her simple dress that had absolutely no embellishments or sequins or anything of some sort, it would match really well.

 

Ugh. She hated JoonMyun and loved him so much at the same time. He told her he was going to spoil her, but the younger didn’t realize he would start right now! ‘He said that once we get married!’ JuYeon estimated the price in her head. She didn’t expect to wear a total worth of five thousand plus worth of a whole ensemble just for an official engagement-announcement-and-family introduction dinner. That’s a total of almost six million plus won in Korean currency!

 

‘Kim JoonMyun!’

 

Even if she wanted to, she couldn’t hate him whole-heartedly for his over-generosity towards her. But she really did need to ground some rules in this whole ‘spoiling Jung JuYeon’ thing. Maybe that ought to set her heart with less guilty for getting luxurious gifts from the accomplished CEO for someone who was only working under a multi-million dollar company in China. JuYeon nodded to herself, discarding her current attire aside on top of the peatals-scattered bed, adorning the green-turquoise fabric on herself and resumed applying her make-up routine, just going for a natural look since she didn’t want to scare any of his family members’ off with a smoky or wing-eye y appearance. The only thing she needed to do left was pick up her purse and heels and adios to the hotel room.

 

Her phone rang.

 

“Hey, baby doll. Are you done? I’m going to wait for you outside your room if you’re not ready yet.” JuYeon heard his voice from the other side of the line. Maybe he was already up in the elevator making his way to her suite. “It’s okay, JoonMyun. I’m already done.” There was silence for just a second before he chuckled, and judging from his tone, he was definitely more than amused. And maybe… A little bit of proud? She heard his low-whistle. “That fast? Baby doll, I believe you only received the things you are wearing now just about only half an hour ago. You are quite fast, since I have a mother who JongIn was complaining about on the phone a while ago because he said he had to wait for almost two hours for her just to dress up.” She giggled at his tease, knowing it was harmless. “Alright, I’ll just get out now, JoonMyun.” She hung up, picking up the key card from the slot and twisted the handle open, revealing a very handsome JoonMyun in his D&G mandarin collared dress shirt, the white colour contrasting beautifully against his navy two-piece from Saint Laurent collection, matching well with the shiny classic black Taylor loafers from Tom Ford. He was definitely much more expensive looking than she did. At least that fact made her slightly less guiltier.

 

He was still holding onto his phone halfway, with his most dazzling smile that never failed to get her so star-stricken. But he blinked twice when his gaze landed on her, before that very same smile stretched wider as he greeted the lovely EPA in front of the door with his usual kiss-on-the-back-of-her-palm that till this day, flutters her heart soaring high, and a delicate yet much more tender kiss peck on her cheek, as though he didn’t want to ruin her make-up if he was careless. His smoldering eyes were scrutinizing every part of her from head to toe, and she dared to say he was almost undressing her in public.

 

The woman tucked a few strands behind her ear timidly, sending him that special smile that was stunning with two deep dents decorating her face with it’s naturality, making him stare at her with a glint of awe in his heated gaze. They walked side by side to the elevator, with the man studying her whole once-over with every detail. The turquoise-green bardot long sleeved gown was jaw-dropping on her because it was tailored with such simplicity in it’s style yet wore magnificently by the female that brought out her fair skin. It was almost shining under the chandeliers of the hall, since the dress was an off- shoulder one, baring her skin to him a perfect view; with her long ebony tresses straight that was side-swept to her left shoulder, giving him access to stare at her flawless neck. A gorgeous view indeed. But did the woman knew that?

 

“I hope you know that you are absolutely and irresistibly breathtaking this evening, baby doll.” Her fiancé whispered, his signature curling-her-hair-around-his-finger stuttered her heartbeat irregularly as they descended the stairs in the middle of the floor that would direct them towards the private hall that was designated especially for their highlight event of the day; the family dinner. “My, what a sweet talker you are, Mr. Kim.” She retorted teasingly, feeling a little devious that night. “Well, you can’t blame me for being amazed for my own fiancée, now can you, baby doll?” He gave her a lop-sided grin as he played along. “Hmm… Well, there is one thing we should really establish, kind sir.” She narrowed her eyes at him to which the latter raised his eyebrow in anticipation.

 

“You. Spoiling me. You said after we tie the knot, JoonMyun. I understand. But what happened to that? And besides, even though I reluctantly and forcefully agreed to your strange condition, but I still feel guilty because just looking at all these ‘gifts’ of yours, I know I can’t just take it all freely when I know how much just a dress costs like, especially from one of the top designers in the world.” She sighed. However, JoonMyun only pursed his lips. “I really do mean that.” He retorted. “But I can’t always get everything from you. Listen,” she pulled him to the side. “I’m like this because usually I’m not the one on the receiving end, instead, I’m the one usually giving. And I know you said to try and understand from your point of view too, so let’s make a deal, at least?” She her lips, hoping to make a win-win situation for the both of them. “I allow you to spend or buy gifts for me, but please, just not all the time. I feel like I’m not capable enough to buy my own clothes, which makes me feel very low of self-esteem, JoonMyun.” His eyebrows turned into a frown – which she hated. “I don’t want you to feel like that-” “I know, so can you try to just lessen a bit? At least, only do this whenever there is an occasion only or Christmases or birthdays or something. But when we go out, I’ll pay for my own stuff except for food. Okay? That’s a win-win, right?” She saw JoonMyun bit his lower lip before finally nodding with a dejected sigh – probably still not happy – but at least he was satisfied.

 

“You went through so much already, baby doll. I just want to make you feel appreciated.” He stared into her eyes, trying to send his message through his gaze.

 

“I know you do, JoonMyun. And I can’t thank you enough for that.” She smiled at him in gratitude before giving his hand a gentle squeeze.

 

JoonMyun’s angelic smile returned to his face, placing her arm to loop around his own as they continued their walk, reaching the door to the dining hall to greet their family. The first face she saw was her best friend who was talking to Mrs. Jung as her mother was holding onto baby JiHwan with happiness and longingness in her eyes, knowing that she really wanted a grandchild herself. Of course the victim was her eldest daughter who was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter