CHAPTER 12

One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just an important note:

 

‘this means their thoughts’ “this means Korean conversation” “this means Chinese conversation” If the whole paragraphs are italicized, it means they’re flashbacks and mixed fonts (italic and normal) are intentional especially in conversations

 

If there are any further changes or additions, I’ll post them in the A/Ns in the future. Continue reading :3

 

-Chapter 12-

 

There was one single thing amidst all of the events that had occurred planned or unplanned that Jung JuYeon had apparently forgotten within the two weeks since JoonMyun’s appearance in Busan and that one single thing would absolutely murder her when JuYeon phone calls her who stood in all her petite form of 5’2” and went by the name of Yoon EunHwa. Currently, the woman in distress was debating herself weather to call in her bestfriend or not to update about her life which was suddenly turning into the adult and twisted of Disney’s princesses with supermega plot twists that involved her very own Prince Charming played by the bachelor CEO of the year – Kim JoonMyun and the Damsel in Distress was herself and it just so happened that one of the smaller plot twists was that the Prince Charming’s cousin was happily married to the Damsel’s BFF. Looking back at her twenty six years of existence, JuYeon could say that life was hard. ‘And your dramas are turning you into a sarcastic piece of .’ She sighed.

 

Well, in her defense, when JoonMyun was AWOL in her life for two years in China, she could actually be much cooler and calmer because she didn’t have to stutter over her words or be nervous whenever he was within three metres or she never had to deal with her heart-attack 200mph on 24/7 just because he stared into her eyes or someone mentions his name. But when JoonMyun decided to pop-up in her life like it was nothing and then play guessing games with her only for him to be her personal ‘knight in shining armor’ when her psycho-maniac of a father threaten to sell her sister like she was disposable plastic bag in exchange of money, the almost-migraines she almost had to suffer in her dilemmas was nothing compared to her flashback-warnings alarming in her head. Then there was the mild panic attacks (she had yet to tell to her family members except for her BFF) she almost had as the triggers were in the form of her current fiancé that had no idea of her health issue since he never did anything to harm her except to unleash his #1 obsessive, stalkerish and just downright evil spoiled ultra-brat of an admirer unknowingly. Not that she would tell him that. Not anytime soon anyway either. JoonMyun was just an angel who was dragged into it.

 

Oh, she also deliberately tried to forget that one wonderful and sinful yet pleasurable deed that had occurred within the walls of JoonMyun’s bedroom in his bachelor pad the morning before returning to Busan two weeks prior. ‘But his lips are sinful, that’s kind of why you turned the heater off in the middle of the night when you remembered that make-out session on his bed.’ Her subconscious just love to torture her. ‘Or is it even a make-out session when he didn’t even kiss on the lips?’ But it was nothing short of the truth; At times she wouldn’t suspect, the young woman who had never been touched intimately in her whole life had experienced what people would call as ual frustrations in the middle of the night in the form of dreams that left her flushed in pink and breathless every single time.

 

Well, now there’s one part she wouldn’t actually have to talk about to EunHwa. They share practically everything together since she could remember, but if one thing that she realized ever since she got engaged – Jung JuYeon would never in her life share such explicit personal life with anyone. What goes in the bedroom, stays in the bedroom. Sher blushed furiously at her thought before shaking her head, picking up her phone from the vanity table that was connected to her charger.

 

“Hey, Eun…” The woman greeted her best friend awkwardly, and of course, since when did EunHwa never notice anything about her best friend? “I am downright furious at you right now but since I’m kind of feeling lenient today, I’m not going to roast you just yet. Now spill, dear .” JuYeon stared back at the iPhone in shock. “Hold up, are you seriously sure you’re not some kind of psychic or something in your past life?” JuYeon shook her head and continued. “Look, I really absolutely have something to tell you and it’s not kind of small. So can you promise not to go ape on me if I tell you this one?” ‘Tough luck, Yeonnie-ah. But absolutely better than not telling. Here goes.’ “Uhuh… What is it?” EunHwa demanded from the other side of the line, and the younger of the two inhaled deeply.

 

“I’m engaged.” She dropped the bomb.

 

Silence. And a crash. JuYeon wasn’t so sure about what it was, though she had a hunch it was something EunHwa was probably holding.

 

She winced. ‘That was not good.’ She was probably going to get toasted and EunHwa would dance on top of her ash. Nice.

 

“EunHwa?” JuYeon bit her lower lip in worry. “If you are trying to over my brain here, BFF, then ing funny, Yeon.” ‘.’ Whenever EunHwa used that eerily calm voice, nothing is safe from her or her oncoming wraths and nagging. JuYeon was in for a lot of . So to save herself, she went in for a joke. “Haha. Hey, just because I’ve never dated anyone doesn’t mean it’s hard to believe.” The woman went on, but she felt that EunHwa might be just a bit lenient on her incessant naggings a bit. “Well, child, that was one hell of a shocker.” EunHwa commented dryly, still not believing the fact that her bestfriend since forever had gotten engaged, and the woman hadn’t even been into a relationship at all. Now that made the elder curious. “Well, are you going to listen to the rest of it? Because if that’s the bomb-drop for you, then this one’s going to top the cake with cherry on top.” JuYeon played around her bit, knowing how annoyed her best friend felt whenever JuYeon with her word-plays. “Jung JuYeon, do I need to remind you that I’m still mad?” JuYeon giggled at her reply. “Fine.” She rolled her eyes.

 

“JoonMyun is my fiancé.” EunHwa cursed out loud at JuYeon’s revelation.

 

“JuYeon, please tell me you didn’t just go ing delusional or I swear to god I will murder you with my hands if I see you again.” Well, that’s just about EunHwa-like alright. The woman has tendencies to dramatize her situations whenever she was given chance, and JuYeon’s case just so happened to be her jackpot. “No, I didn’t. But really, long story short, crazy father made a comeback – which was not welcomed at all – and wanted to sell SaRang off if we don’t give him money, saw JoonMyun and the CEO went from Bachelor of The Year to Knight in Shining Armor of The Year because he basically told the crazy man that me and him are practically engaged and the bastard didn’t believe so he threatened us again to get married within the nearest time or any of us could be in danger. And then he went for a real proposal the next day in his bachelor pad. The end.” JuYeon exhaled her breath once she finshed. ‘And no, you don’t need to know about that intense make-out but not exactly make-out session on his bed. Gah.’

 

JuYeon almost dropped the iPhone when the younger was blasted in her ears by her best friend’s squeals.

 

‘My ears!’

 

Right, she might have forgotten to mention that EunHwa turns dolphin whenever there was something that excited her extremely or JongDae-related (when they were on the crush state in high school and college days) or maybe… This. Romance or dramas were EunHwa’s second life motivation, the first one being her husband and son. “No, Eun. He didn’t bring me to his yacht or rent a whole restaurant to propose me, nor was it in public, if you were thinking any of that. He proposed to me when we were in Seoul to meet his father for business a bit and we stopped by his penthouse for a while to pick up something, he said. But I just realized then he wanted to propose me when I searched for him in the bedroom-” “Whoa! , you’re up at that level already? Seriously? Wow, never knew you were into playing ‘Hide and ’ game. Already spicy on engagement day, huh? You guys are damn fast-” JuYeon rubbed her temple. “EunHwa, the ing no! I did not went to his bedroom for and kinks. I went to search for him because he went MIA for ten minutes and I was just worried! God, I can’t with you.” She shook her head. “Hey, you can’t blame me. When JongDae proposed, I didn’t sleep all night long because we-” “Yoon EunHwa! When I said I don’t want to mention my life, it also meant I am not interested in yours too!” She couldn’t believe her best friend.

 

 “Okay, maybe you should just spill out the longer version next time, okay? I seriously feel like kicking JongDae’s tonight. I’m pretty sure he knows what my cousin-in-law did. I can’t believe he didn’t tell me!” EunHwa sighed pitifully from the other line. “Man, you really do have the craziest real-life dramas. How did we ever become BFFs again?” JuYeon raised an eyebrow at that. She didn’t know if she should smack the other’s head for that stupid comment or strangle her best friend instead. She chose neither. “Well, you’re not exactly the most sane person either, Eun baby. At least, I didn’t got into a public catfight with a class-A cheerleader.” The younger whistled lowly.

 

“Yah! Take that back!” EunHwa shrieked in horror of that memory as JuYeon hummed mercilessly.

 

SaRang suddenly opened the door to her room and JuYeon turned to stare at her younger sister with a curious expression on her face. “What is it, SaRangie?” She smiled at her. “Um, unnie, JoonMyun oppa is here.” The younger one pointed downstairs with a grin where her sister’s fiancé was probably waiting. JuYeon chuckled. “Alright, tell him I’ll be there in a minute-” “There’s no need.” The said man suddenly appeared behind SaRang as he cut his fiancée’s words with his angelic smile, his Saint Laurent classic Chesterfield coat in hand while he had his N. Peal grey roll neck sweater and Versace skinnys on. He looked absolutely handsome in that winter ensemble and topped off with Alexander McQueen two tone scarf in red and black and DSQUARED2’s ski-patch beanie in black.

 

SaRang who despite her age, understood their moment and went down by herself voluntarily with a grin still etched on her face as she closed shut the door behind her. “Eun I’ll, uh, call you back. Talk to you soon. See you, babe.” JuYeon spoke to the phone again, realizing that she had left the elder one on-hold on the other side of the line. “Yeah sure, babe. Don’t worry. I’m sure we’ll meet up real soon.” Her best friend sang and JuYeon frowned in confusion before she hung up. She turned around and smiled at him apologetically for her behavior when her fiancé suddenly approached her and kissed her on the cheek as his own way of greeting.

 

“Morning, baby doll.” He greeted and she cleared , not used to his way of doing his greetings. Her head was still processing the fact that she was the young CEO’s fiancée – that she was engaged to the Kim JoonMyun; a fact that used to be a daydream was now a reality for her, and for a moment there, she needed to collect and reminded herself to get used to the fact that she had already been his fiancée as far as two weeks already. And if their intimate yet explicit little scene from the said man’s bedroom wasn’t a sign enough for her to get used to his intimacy and affection, then she didn’t know what to do when he starts to get a little more after that as they were already a step closer to marriage and promised to take steps to get to know each other closely in order to love each other genuinely, pushing away the thought of her crazy father out of the equation.

 

And maybe, just maybe, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter