PROLOGUE

One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Prologue-

A sigh escaped her lips as she pressed the elevator button up to her condo unit, feeling another headache and sore shoulders coming up. She could use some warm milk or hot green tea like her boss usually does during OTs and enjoy some ‘Netflix and chill’ tonight. She glanced at her Fossil vintage muse three-hand graystone leather watch strapped on her wrist before shutting her eyes for a moment.

 

These days Mr. Lu, her boss, kept going on meetings as they scored yet another deal and this time, with a Korean company. Honestly, the whole week was spent with her running around the whole building to meet up with heads of a bunch of departments just for the sake of their recent big project and she had heard LuHan mentioning something about meeting up with their partner from Korea soon.

 

She rolled her shoulders a bit as the elevator went up to her level and then leaned back against the mirrored walls of the confined space. Tonight, it made her feel somewhat lonely. Well, she had always felt that, it was just that this night made her feel… Lonelier. With a ding, she got out of the elevator and walked towards her unit. She paused a bit and looked downwards where she found herself frowning upon her two-inched heels.

 

Sighing again, the woman lifted her feet one by one and took the pair of shoes off and resuming her walk towards her condo. She slid her keycard and punched in her password before she wrung the handle open, almost throwing the heels on top of the shoe cupboard behind the door. “God, this is one of the worst weekdays ever!” She whined quietly, even though there was no one in the four-walled condo except for herself.

 

Well, what can she do anyways? This was the job she had wanted all along so any complains she had bubbled up in her thoughts had to be swallowed by her own. And being miles away and across the ocean from her own hometown doesn’t actually make it all the better too. So she decided that she would ring up her mother and check up on the kids back at home too before going to bed.

 

She stripped herself off of her working navy black blazer and white neck holder blouse and dumped them in the hamper next to her bathroom door before her phone rang. Picking it up, she smiled a bit and pressed the answer icon. “Omma?” She heard her mother answer. “Yeah, just got back from work. Are the kids sleeping?” There was a hum of agreement on the other side of the line. “Yeah, I wanted to tell you I may got more than a week’s vacation for Christmas next month,” Then her mother told her something along the lines of ‘Go to bed, it’s midnight already’ and after a few more words exchanged, the young woman hung up.

 

She continued to strip off her white slacks and got under the showers, the warm water making her relax visibly. When she had felt the bathroom walls fog up too much, she finally got out and put on her crème coloured nightgown and towel-dried her black straight hair as it reached the top of her bum.

 

She let out the umpteenth sigh of the day before crawling over her bed towards the glass window that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter