CHAPTER 02

One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just an important note:

 

‘this means their thoughts’ “this means Korean conversation” “this means Chinese conversation”

BTW, LuHan's style of conversation was intentional, not a typo.

If there are any further changes or additions, I’ll post them in the A/Ns in the future. Continue reading :3

-Chapter 02-

“Woah…” was the only word she could utter as they landed in Changsha. The land was just beautiful that reminded JuYeon a childhood place she would want to grow up in if she was a child. It was modern when they landed as they were in the city just like Beijing, just not as busy and hectic. But what made her feel comfortable and warm was when they made a tour around attorney Zhang’s home after getting picked up at the airport. It gave off a homey, village feel as she observed her surroundings.

 

“You know, Han, if I’ve known Changsha would be like this, I would’ve worked here. I mean, I never thought Att. Zhang would grow up in this environment. It’s so refreshing!” LuHan, who was standing beside her, chuckled and patted her head like a child. “Yah!” In return, she smacked LuHan on the shoulder. “Yah? Yah?! I’m older than you, brat!”

 

LuJiang was now watching two adults shoving and nudging each other as his wife and baby son laughed at the two. He shook his head. ‘These kids…’ He proceeded to step inside the hotel they had booked and immediately the two adults followed suit. There were three rooms; One for LuJiang and his family, one for LuHan and one for JuYeon. They would met up with each other again during the dinner along with the Korean reps at Att. Zhang’s family manor.

 

A few hours later, JuYeon stepped out of the hotel room’s bathroom in a white neckholder knee-length dress with abstract floral pattern which emphasized on her bust and waistline and a black Michael Kors’ winter coat. Her doorbell rang just as she finished applying her Chanel No. 5 L’eau. JuYeon wrung the handle just to be met with her boss’ younger brother in a Gucci black dress shirt, holding a red tie on his left hand, a violet one on the other. JuYeon raised a brow. “Pick one, dongsaeng,” Behind him stood one of China’s latest South Korean embassy’s son – Huang ZiTao. JuYeon never had a chance to talk to him personally but from the few times she has seen him around LuHan, the woman concluded that he was not to be judged by his fierce and intimidating outer appearance.

 

“Definitely the red one,” As soon as she said that, the Huang kid looked like he just got his Christmas present. “See, I told you that red goes best with that shirt! Even jiejie agreed,” His smug smirk made LuHan scoff and shoved him aside which made the younger whine in protest. Though when LuHan handed her the tie, JuYeon shook her head in resolution. “Really, Han? You’re ing twenty seven, and not to mention older than I am and you still don’t know how to tie it yourself? Grow up, get a girl and get married, deer,” The only female in the room reached out for his collar and wore his tie for him carefully.

 

She suddenly heard a low whistle, and she glared at ZiTao. “Jiejie, you’re pretty hot. Why don’t come and model for my mom? You’d even do Gucci some justice!” She wanted to smack him for his idiocy, but he looked so innocent that she opted to flick his forehead instead. “Yeah.. Um, no. Tyra Banks would probably disapprove. Like, this face? Get real,” JuYeon rubbed her chin as she then looked at her shoes. Feeling someone hovering beside her, she found the younger Chinese male intensely staring at her choices pf footwear. “White pumps!” “White pumps. Definitely,” Zitao and JuYeon high-fived each other as LuHan rolled his eyes, leaning against the door.

 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Let’s just hurry up. We should meet Jiang-ge in ten minutes at the lobby. And JuYeon, you’re in my car,” She hummed as they walked ahead when she locked her room properly, her mint-coloured Rebecca Minkoff’s Leo clutch that matched colours with the abstract butterfly pattern on her dress under her arm. The trio found LuJiang with his family in front of their cars and JuYeon claimed the shotgun seat as LuHan drove his Bentley he rented while Tao drove behind him. LuHan had once told him of their friendship when he had went to a gala once and they clicked over a mishap that involved cockroaches, red wine and a Gucci dress shirt.

 

They were heading towards the Zhang’s manor where Att. Zhang reside with his family. His family’s law firm was one of the most trusted and finest law firm in Mainland China where the Lus usually use their service – and the manor that they stopped by said it all. An old man stepped towards their vehicles and bowed his head. “Young master, young miss, I am the head butler of this manor. Young master Zhang awaits you inside,” Just as he spoke, a young man about LuHan’s age countered with a welcoming smile that eases some of her nerves, his deep dimple a visible candy to the eyes, and dark sleek jet black hair swept charmingly, covering his forehead.

 

“Oh no, it’s okay, Mr. Fu. I got this. You just get back inside with the others,” The old man nodded before excusing himself. “Hey, Lu. Sorry we didn’t get to meet up in Beijing too often. I’m getting lots of clients to attend to nowadays. And this must be the infamous Park JuYeon – Jiang-ge’s EPA Han-ge’s been talking about. I’m Zhang YiXing, but Koreans prefer to call me Lay for easier pronunciation,” JuYeon reciprocated his bow and got flustered a bit as he kissed her hand. “Ah, you speak Hangul too? That’s nice, I guess I can replace you now, Han,” She raised her eyebrow mockingly and hit his arm good-naturedly.

 

LuHan rubbed his arm.

 

“Ouch! JuYeon, we were in the same university back in Seoul and I was a senior there, of course he would know Hangul,” LuHan rolled his eyes as YiXing rubbed his neck, abashed. “Ah, that’s right. When I got my master’s, I contacted LuHan and that was how our family served for the company. Anyway, let’s get inside. I’m sure the others are surely waiting,” YiXing ushered them inside as JuYeon;s eyes appreciated the interior. ‘Oh,wow. China is a masterpiece,’ She felt LuHan’s hand on her back, pushing her towards the living room.

 

The others were already occupying the seats, even the Korean reps which JuYeon was told that they were one of the top ten largest companies in S. Korea, but she didn’t look at them for she was immediately distracted by ZiTao’s wave and they were too busy talking to LuJiang so she wasn’t able to interact with them. She and LuHan was immediately pulled to sit at one of the vacant sofas.

 

JuYeon picked the one nearest to her boss knowing that her interpretation services were probably needed soon to communicate with their partner. “Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Zhang’s manor. I’m very grateful to everyone coming tonight for this dinner and I hope everyone will enjoy the food served. I’m aware that CEO Kim is yet to arrive, correct me if I’m wrong,”

 

YiXing raised his eyebrows at the Koreans who in turn nodded their heads. “He will be a bit late and should arrive in ten minutes. We are sorry for the tardiness,” One of them said. The doorbell rang just as LuHan and JuYeon were about to talk to YiXing. The latter excused himself to greet the newcomer along with his head butler, Mr. Fu.

 

“Hey, Han. You know I haven’t got a chance to meet the CEO because I was back at Busan that time when you guys had the first meeting, but do you know him personally?” She whispered as they were all ushered to the guests’ dining hall and sat down, placing the napkin down on her lap.

 

 “Well, we did meet each other before, a few times, actually. Basically, I can say for myself that we are good acquaintances. But I don’t think we know each other much to a personal level. Well, at least not yet. We’ll see,” He shrugged as they heard voices coming near. “I guess they’re here now,” ‘They?’ JuYeon was about to ask out her curiosity when four people walked in. JuYeon saw YiXing and Mr. Fu with the two ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter