CHAPTER 11

One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just an important note:

 

‘this means their thoughts’ “this means Korean conversation” “this means Chinese conversation” If the whole paragraphs are italicized, it means they’re flashbacks and mixed fonts (italic and normal) are intentional especially in conversations

 

If there are any further changes or additions, I’ll post them in the A/Ns in the future. Continue reading :3

 

-Chapter 11-

 

JoonMyun had told her to wait for a moment, but it’s been ten minutes since he’d been gone and JuYeon was starting to get a bit worried as she sat on the living room’s three-seater sofa. His bachelor pad was like what she had imagined; big and luxurious enough to fit a family of four. Though the young fiancée did not expect that a young twenty six years old CEO had such a childish side to his supposed intimidating character. JuYeon chuckled as her line of sight was directed towards the Marvel’s figurines lined up at the very top shelf for display (complete with mini show lights on top) and collections of comics he owned at the lower shelves. The last one at the bottom was actually just a single signed limited edition comic, on stand.

 

JuYeon explored the pad and reached a single bedroom, the only one on the floor, hesitating to enter inside as the woman had never, in her entire life, enter a man’s bedroom aside those of her younger male siblings but of course that wouldn’t count, and adding to the fact that there was no real solid base of a relationship that involves love between her and her fiancé nor that she ever even had a relationship her whole existence (sadly), JuYeon would consider herself not just a Mary, but also a secret nun. “JoonMyun?” She called out to him, but received no response as her voice was the only one inside the large penthouse. After the third time calling him and still earned nothing except silence, she made her decision and just wrung the door handle to his room slowly, peeking her head in only to be surrounded by darkness. Once she fully got inside, JuYeon flicked the light switches on at the wall beside her shoulders. When she turned her body, the woman froze on her feet, not expecting for the man she was searching for to be sitting on his bed, a small yet expecting smile drawn on his face beautifully.

 

“Come and sit with me?” He motioned her towards the empty spot next to him, and the woman obliged with a fluttering heart.

 

She sat on the spot right beside to him as anxiety was kicking in her senses and tried her best to calm herself down by keeping mum. “You know, we have agreed to a marriage out of a terrifying incident.” JoonMyun started, staring at the wall as if in thoughts. The woman felt her heart beating ridiculously fast as she awaited his next words nervously. “But even out of these circumstances, you more than anyone else deserve a marriage like every woman truly should. And as your husband-to-be, I vow to myself and to you that once we tie the knot, and when you are completely mine, I am going to spoil you as much and as many ways as I can, and shower you with all that I have, because you definitely deserve it, baby doll,” He tilted his head to her, inching slightly closer as he caressed her cheek.

 

JuYeon felt herself melting at his sincerity, but she didn’t want him to be forced into loving her; she’d much rather for them to not go through with their engagement at all if that was the case. “JoonMyun, I… I don’t really know what to say. But one thing I do know is that I don’t want you to spend money on me, and I don’t want you to feel forced into loving me. And once you found the one who’s rightfully yours, I’m going to let you go, JoonMyun. That’s the least I can do.” She said, determined by her choice. She felt like she didn’t deserve him; she never did. He was way out of her league, she had realized that a long time ago when she had fallen for him for a few times since the first, and that was eighteen years ago. Whatever it was, she knew he deserved someone of his kind – up there like an angel, with his own probably searching him in this world. Her heart constricted painfully bittersweet at the mere thought.

 

“What if I don’t want you to let go?” He whispered when there were barely a few centimetres, as if he wanted only her to hear, and only her. She felt her heart stopped at his question. “Please listen to me, baby doll.” He twirled a few long strands around his index finger almost suffocating her with his masculine yet with hints of vanilla and coffee scent. “Whatever unmutual feelings we had – we can change that. And like I’ve said before; it’s not a hard thing to do to fall for you, and I’m going to make sure it stays that way. So throwing all the ‘what-ifs’ aside,” he suddenly pulled her up to stand as he sat down on his one knee, pulling up a velvet box that was too familiar to JuYeon from all those stupid romantic dramas Feng and EunHwa had babbled about to her countless of times, popping up the one question she never knew would be asked from the man she had ever loved (and yet maybe still did, her subconscious reminded her) all her life.

 

There was a breathtaking platinum band in two connected swirls of diamond studded infinities surrounding a relatively medium-sized one in the middle.

 

“Will you do the honour of marrying me, Jung JuYeon?” She should she run away, maybe shout at him and rejecting him for taking away her heart and never return it, the anxiety and doubts pricking her mind so many times that was starting to make her feel paranoid and suffocate in her panic attacks as flashbacks by flashbacks of what had happened to her hurl itselves towards her, as a painful warning for her to heed that she was teetering along dangerous lines. But as if the woman felt numb, she found herself nodding a yes as her signal, tears choking her from trying to say any words. “I will, JoonMyun.”

 

 

Fiancée.

 

It had been two weeks since she had held that title officially and had to wear the platinum Van Cleef & Arpels around her finger yet strangely, Jung JuYeon was still not used to it. Maybe because it was due to the fact that she was still trying to get used to JoonMyun and hers’ established base with no resentments on each others’ side. With no bitter feelings or tension in the air around them, she could see that JoonMyun had been much more intimate with her through his affections – at times running his fingers through her ebony hair or curling a few strands around his index when they sat beside each other, sometimes holding her hand and rubbing traceless eights on the back of her palm as he spoke to her, and he even boldly kissed it when they sat in the car on the way back to Busan. There were also moments when she caught him staring at her intensely and didn’t even bother looking away when their eyes met. In fact his gaze almost doubled in intensity when she stared into his dark orbs.

 

Or maybe it was the fact that she had yet to officially meet up with his closest family members – which included her bestfriend as she was married to JoonMyun’s cousin – and that happened to be nerve-wracking even for her. Was that what it feels like when one meet their future in-laws for the first time? If so, then she was in for a lot, considering his brother and cousins were mostly her juniors and senior in high school. ‘Just lovely, Yeonnie.’ She just really hoped that no drama ensues when they meet up because she couldn’t handle evil-female-in-laws or by any catastrophic chance she mess up their celebratory dinner soon. She didn’t want to be the embarrassing daughter-in-law of the Kim family. She also hoped they were as nice and kindhearted as what she had witness in JoonMyun’s father a fort week ago, accepting her and her family for who they were instead of the social status judgements she had seen a lot in most rich people.

 

When the eldest child of the Jungs had returned home the day after she went to Seoul, JaeHyun had greeted her by the door with a toast in but when he saw the way JoonMyun held her hand or rather, the engagement ring with infinite diamond swirls and a single chunk in the centre was placed nicely on her ring finger, he choked on his breakfast. “Holy sis. You were gone for like, a day, and you came home with a fiancé and engagement ring? Talk about a backward relationship.” Those words were spitted out in English as the younger male gaped in a very uncharming way and JuYeon sighed in embarrassment over her brother’s idiocy. She looked at JoonMyun in half-awkwardness and half-apologetic way, though the CEO’s fiancée only received a chuckle in return.

 

“Your brother has a much more amusing reaction to us being officially engaged than JongIn, that’s for sure. Are all your family this funny?” He had remarked, to which she shrugged slightly. “SaRang’s quiet, talented and an all-rounder but she’s witty when you get to know her, SeHyung’s a hyperactive elementary schoolkid starting to go on his rebellious teen phase and JaeHyun… He’s more laidback and cool, but mostly a dork when we’re together but he’s sweet and protective.” She summarized her siblings shortly. “Hmm? How about your mother?” He inquired when they sat on the sofa of the living room alone. “Oh you don’t have to worry about my mother, that’s for sure.” When the male raised a curious eyebrow, she chuckled, much more shyly. “She loves you already, and I have a feeling she’s more than glad to throw me out of the house, if that means I’m getting married. She keeps nagging that I won’t be getting any younger.” She sighed with an affectionate smile.

 

“Well, my parents aren’t any better, if that makes you feel good. My mom even threatened to throw away my collection if I don’t get her a grandchild within five years. Sometimes, I think she’s just really out to get me.” He smiled, but that turned into a hyperventilating smirk once he caught the blush tint on her cheeks at the mention of kids. Teasingly, her fiancé curled her long locks around his index before leaning in closer, his breath on her ears sending electrifying shudders down her spine. “But maybe she doesn’t have to worry about that anymore soon, does she?” His lips touched the slightest bit of her earlobe as she unconsciously clenched her fists at the touch, breath hitching on the throat. She only bit her lower lip at that.

 

And where did she spent the night that day? Of course, since it was already past midnight and JuYeon was already fast asleep in JoonMyun’s car when they finished their late dinner as their plan to return to Busan – JuYeon was tired because she had followed JoonMyun who was submitting his reports to his father which he had offered to send her back to rest but she had declined to not burden him – in the end, she fell asleep until she didn’t realize that instead of taking the route to the train station, he drove straight towards his bachelor pad in Gangnam. Not wishing disrupt his fiancée’s peaceful slumber, the man carried her up all the way to his penthouse unit and placed the woman snugly on the comfort of his bed. That was when JoonMyun discovered her sleeping habits. Just as he let her down, she wouldn’t let go of JoonMyun’s Lanvin trench that she had unconsciously gripped in her sleep, and so he had no choice than to lie down next to her on the king-sized four post bed when he had originally planned to sleep on the couch in his room or the guest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter