CHAPTER 01

One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just an important note:

 

'this means their thoughts'  "this means Korean conversation" "this means Chinese conversation"

If there are any further changes or additions, I'll post them in the A/Ns in the following chapters. Continue reading ;3

 

-Chapter 01-

She woke up to her beeping digital alarm clock set on her bedside table where it flashes the numbers 5:15 a.m. Just like any other working day, the young woman raised from the comfort and warmth of her bed and went to do her daily morning routine, snatching a crème coloured towel from the towel rack before undressing herself to shower warmly. She dried herself as she finished her bath and wore her black slacks. She contemplated a bit as she stared at a thick white turtleneck and a red chiffon blouse. ‘It’s going to be freezing outside and you want to suicide?’ She shivered at the thought before wearing the turtleneck.

 

Her phone was blinking as the screen displayed her first reminder of the day. When she was all set, the pastel pink coated female hurried to her kitchen and grabbed a water bottle from her fridge and a bun she microwaved and got out of her house with all of her belongings in hand, locking her door and jogged to the elevator. The morning shift guard was calmly standing on his post and she nodded her head at him with a warm smile and handed him the bun.

 

“Ms. Jung, you didn’t have to,” The guard looked guilty as he took it, and the said woman laughed heartily. “Oh come on, Mr. Bong. Don’t make me feel sad. It’s just a little treat since you have to be here so early in the morning. Just take it,” The man sighed before nodding. “Alright, alright. Now off you go, or you’ll be late,” He chastised her in a playful manner and she giggled a bit before heading towards the parking lot and unlocked her car.

 

When the engine revved up and the black Audi made itself visible into the streets, she drove her way past the cars leisurely and made a pit stop to a café she frequent every working morning. She parked her car near the empty café and entered through the front door and was greeted by the morning waitress she had made an acquaintance with as she made her visits.

 

“Good morning, Ms. Jung. Should I get your usual?” The waitress asked politely and she hummed an acception. “Oh, uh, can you add one more Mocha bread and a cup of black hand-dripped coffee with a spoon of sugar along with my order in a separate bag? That would be nice,” She pursed her lips as the waitress made her orders and the cashier punched her total.

 

About ten minutes later did the same waitress brought a four-cup holder containing her two cappuccino and a black hand-dripped coffee and two paper bags containing her mocha bread and an extra one. “That would be all,” The cashier displayed her total and she took out her notes. As soon as she received her change, she walked back towards her car and continued her drive to the building she works at and rushed her way up the elevator.

 

The elevator only has two people from different departments as she didn’t recognize them from her floor and she got inside, offering them a polite smile and pressed the button to her floor, which was the same one as her boss. When she got off, she briskwalked to her office just before her boss’ large one. Seeing as the door was opened, she scoffed a bit, knowing who her office intruder was so early in the morning.

 

And she was right, seeing the dirty blonde-haired male casually sitting on her office chair, probably ignoring her entrance as he played Candy Crush on his iPhone. ‘Ugh, this deer!’ She cleared on purpose but was shushed by him. Offended that he even have the audacity to silence her in her office, she smacked the nearest file on her desk on his head.

 

“Ow! The was that for? Now look what you did to my game,” The ‘man’ pouted at her accusingly and she rolled her eyes. “For the love of god, LuHan, how old are you? And what the hell are you doing playing Candy Crush in my office at…” She glanced at the office clock behind him. “6:28 in the morning?” However, the man only shrugged before grinning as he stared at the drool-worthy coffee and mocha bread in her hands.

 

“Aww, you bought coffee for me? How touching, mei,” He clutched his heart for extra effect. “Shut up, deer. Now get out because my boss is coming soon. Shoo, shoo,” The woman waved her hand. A knock and the sound of the knob being wrung made them both freeze as a petite woman with raven pixie cut hair came, a smirk on her lips. “Morning, sunshines!” Both she and LuHan sighed in relief. “Don’t do that please, you’re creating unwanted suspense,” And she earned a scoff. “Please, it’s not like your boss didn’t know that the both of you are practically long lost siblings, I mean come on, LuHan’s his brother,”

 

She sighed at the shorter woman. “You know what, I don’t care but right now, please get out of my office,” She pointed them both out the door, but not before LuHan taking his coffee and bread. Halfway through the door, the woman paused and turned to her with an inquisitive stare. “Lunch later?” She nodded to the ravenette. “Yeah, sure. See you later, Feng,” With a nod, Feng closed the door.

 

At 7 a.m., Mr. LuJiang came knocking on her door. “Good morning, Mr. Lu. Should I read all the appointments?” When she received a nod, she began reading her boss’ schedule and when she was done, Mr. Lu gave her an appreciative nod. She then passed two folders to him and skimming through a few reports that needs to be organized according to each department to give it to her boss later, hearing her boss’ footsteps leaving her office.

 

“JuYeon, please help me contact the Korean company for our partnership’s further meeting in Changsha. They have arrived last evening,”

 

 

“Hey, it’s lunch time. Everyone’s filing out the building already. Aren’t you going to get your out?” Feng’s familiar voice greeted her when she was typing up a reply mail to forward it to a shipping company. She looked up from her computer and grinned sheepishly at the Chinese woman. “Right, sorry. I sort of got carried away. Just wait up a bit, I’m going to switch this to sleep mode,” JuYeon picked up her phone and her Diorama Club Autumn bag and closed her office door.

 

“I’m suddenly craving for some Home Plate’s BBQ,” Feng rubbed her stomache as they got inside the elevator. “When do you not crave for anything? I swear you’re worse than a pregnant woman. I don’t know how Aron is going to survive when you guys get married,” JuYeon rolled her eyes, before she noticed her Chinese friend got quiet. Turning to her, she narrowed her eyes a bit as she saw Feng bit her lower lip and played with her bracelet. She widened her eyes as something else caught her gaze.

 

“Ow! Why did you hit me?” Feng rubbed her reddening arm. “You ! You didn’t ing tell me you got proposed!” She grabbed Feng’s right hand where a ring was adorned, and the ravenette grinned in regret. “I’m sorry but I was shocked myself! You can’t blame me for being nervous to break it to you. And there was LuHan earlier, how can we ever have some privacy if that flower boy is always barging into your office,” The last statement earned Feng a pointed stare. “What? Okay, so maybe I did that too at times,” Feng raised her hands in mock defeat as the two reached Feng’s convertible Volvo C70.

 

“Oh, we are going to have a long talk after this and you know it,” JuYeon connected her Bluetooth and a Korean ballad blast through Feng’s stereo. “Ugh, you guys have such good ballads. You have to teach me Korean, okay?” Feng said as she made a right turn and JuYeon shook her head. “Woman, your first lesson lasted for like, seven minutes. You are the worst student I ever had,” Feng chuckled at JuYeon's statement. “Hey, you taught me wrong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter