CHAPTER 03

One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just an important note:

 

‘this means their thoughts’ “this means Korean conversation” “this means Chinese conversation”

 

If there are any further changes or additions, I’ll post them in the A/Ns in the future. Continue reading :3

-Chapter 03-

Feng sitting on the client’s chair in her small office was the first thing that greeted her once she got to work and entered through her door. “Wow, I don’t even get a good morning, huh?” Feng commented as she narrowed her eyes and JuYeon, who actually had a bag of her usual Mocha buns hanging on and two cups of coffee in her hands glared at the former woman as she placed the things on her desk. “I’m sorry my hands and mouth are full?” She shook her head and sat on her chair after hanging her Derek Lam camel-hued trench coat. “Aside from that, what’s up with you today?”

 

‘What’s up with me today?’ She questioned herself, wracking her brain as she checked her appearance. She was wearing a black Givenchy poplin puff shoulder blouse with a white ribbon double bow ties and a deep red A-skirt along with black pumps to match for. Where’s the wrong in that? “Um… Nothing?” JuYeon’s eyebrows raised in confusion as Feng shook her head. “You’re wearing your hair up in a ponytail. You never bothered styling them at all, why now?” Feng crossed her arms, and the Korean shrugged casually as she her back, actually trying hard to school a calm façade.

 

‘I can’t actually say that “I met a guy I knew back in Korea and he told me he likes my hair down” and I’m ing affected by his words even though that story was weeks ago,’

 

“So you’re saying that you don’t like it when I style it?” JuYeon raised a challenging eyebrow. “Oh, by the way, have you met the partner’s CEO? I heard he’s young. And hot! ” Feng had the audacity to giggle like a schoolgirl. “Hey, Feng, baby, I had to break it to you but you’re not exactly single anymore and if he ever heard you talking like this…” The young EPA shook her head and the other scoffed. “Hey, I’m not doing anything wrong. I’m just admiring god’s creation,” And that made JuYeon threw the biggest file on the desk, which had the Chinese whining on. “You are soooo mean! I hate you!”

 

JuYeon only flipped her hair which clearly is a lowkey message for ‘I’m fabulous, ,’ “Yes, I am. But I know you love me, so that was basically a lie, Xin Feng,” They both stopped as LuHan barged into the room with the biggest -eating grin the Korean has ever witnessed, kind of reminding her of JongDae’s but definitely cuter. “So early in the morning and already being rude,” She sarcastically remarked, though LuHan had to give her credits because the way she said it was calm and sounded nice. Keyword : sounded. “Sorry, but Miss Jung, I have some good news for you!” He held out his arm where a royal gold card was held in his hand. “Got invited to a function,” Instead of a grin, he only got a raised eyebrow. “And this is supposed to be good news because…?” LuHan only smirked charmingly at her response. ‘Not good. Yup, not good at all,’

 

“Easy. You’re going to be my date!”

 

The said woman leaned back casually against her chair. “And what makes you think I’m even going to accept your pathetic excuse of an invitation which by the way , dimwit. You need to learn hitting on girls properly,” That comment left Feng in an amused snort. “Because if you don’t, I’m going to make you, dear. I have my ways and besides, you, especially you know how convincing I can be,” LuHan leaned against her desk and JuYeon groaned. “Ugh, you seriously need a life, Han. No! You need a girl!” She glared at the elder brunette in front of her, stealing her morning coffee. “Oh, I am going to enjoy this. I am going to enjoy this a lot. Do send me some pictures when you’re done with her, boss,” Feng smirked along with LuHan, and then walked out of the office.

 

“Of course you do. . Now get out of my office, ge, you’re presence is starting to disrupt the world’s peace,” She picked up the file she threw earlier and placed it on her desk. “Aisy, why are you rude to me only… I told you I haven’t found ‘the one’ for me yet. But when she comes, she’s going to be the most- Yah!!” LuHan rubbed his now red forehead due to JuYeon’s fast reflex of snatching the nearest ballpoint pen before aiming to the point above his temple. “Out, deer-boy. Now,” And so LuHan trudged out of the office, all the while grumbling on JuYeon’s harsh treatment to him even though he was older.

 

“Miss Jung, we have a meeting with the Kim Brothers for our first collaboration project, right? Please help me prepare all the files and presentations and don’t forget the board members too, all by 8 a.m. CEO Kim’s secretary informed me that they will be here by 9 a.m.,” Her intercom beeped as she received the first task for the day. She pressed a button to respond. “Yes, boss!” She stood up just as the intercom beeped again. “By the way, can you get me some green tea? I feel a migraine coming up again… So early for this. Thanks Miss Jung,” JuYeon replied an “Okay!” and dashed out straight towards the mini pantry.

 

She greeted her colleagues along the way and finally arrived to her desired destination. There were shelves of mugs to choose from, but one was especially for her boss – the one she and LuHan had gotten him during the company’s anniversary last year, where a giant ‘Best Boss Ever!’(courtesy of LuHan) on one side and another ‘Yes, Boss!’ (hers truly) on the other side of the mug. Grabbing the mug, JuYeon poured the hot water in and dropped in a tea bag. Once she was done, she hurried back to the office, greeted her boss and placed the hot mug of green tea on his desk before resuming her task in hand as she prepared the conference room. By 8:52, the room was already full, only to wait for their partner. She stayed beside LuHan, skimming over the options, just hovering a bit on his side.

 

“What do you think of this one?” He pointed at the first idea, comparing it to the other ones. “It looks great, I mean, the second one’s a little vague and weird. The third one’s okay too, but personally, I’d definitely go with the first one,” JuYeon nodded to herself as LuHan smiled in satisfaction. “Good, because I definitely think so too,” Just as he patted her head, she felt a heated stare towards her and immediately looked up.

 

‘Why didn’t I notice that they have arrived?’ JuYeon didn’t have time to ponder over her lack of awareness towards her surroundings as she quick-walked next to her boss, plastering on the warmest smile – which looked almost too bright – she could muster, greeting the others. As always, Kim JoonMyun looked like the prince charming with his black metal-tipped collar Givenchy dress shirt under a classic two-pieced grey suit from Canali’s and wine-coloured classic slim from D&G’s collection. She tried to look anywhere but the perfection himself although it was pathetically pointless when his intimidating 5’8” figure stood in front of her which left her with no choice but to greet him in the eye. “Good morning, Mr. Kim.” ‘Thank god I didn’t stutter…’ She almost released a huge sigh out of relief when he stepped closer.

 

“Beautiful, Miss Jung. Just as you’ve always been,” he whispered.

 

JuYeon could’ve sworn her heart thumped a bit louder as the man finally stepped away as if he hadn’t just utter those words (she refused to let the flattery get to her) earlier. JuYeon suddenly felt her blood boil at his act. Just what the hell was this man thinking when he did that in public? They were currently under the supervision of many that would obviously wouldn’t tolerate fraternizing so insolently. But the most important question was what had he meant by that? She caged her feelings and schooled her expression as she repressed her emotions, taking a subtle inhale as the board members greeted the fellow partners and followed her boss as he initiated the meeting.

 

Throughout the whole meeting, her face was void of expressions as she tried not to display her jumbled up emotions, avoiding chances of ruining not only hers, but LuJiang’s reputation as well if she let them get to her in the middle of an important meeting. She knew JoonMyun was staring at her especially when she was translating for both sides– so openly at that – but never will she surrender to his intimidating eyes.

 

This was her second time they met face-to-face yet during these two meetings, the Kim JoonMyun in front of her was somehow different than that of the person in the past in terms of his persona (she wasn’t so sure as she couldn’t put a finger on him) but in a way, his eyes proved the difference than the polite, proper and flawless (though she had a few moments catching a few fleeting glimpses of his dorkiness with his friends) student body president back in high school – which he still was, even as he sat with an air of a credible CEO of his family’s company in the conference room.

 

The thing was, Jung JuYeon wasn’t sure if she knew that it was a good thing or not, nor did she liked it or not. And she dreaded the doubts infiltrating her at the back of her mind, alarming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter