CHAPTER 18

One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just an important note:

 

‘this means their thoughts’ “this means Korean conversation” “this means Chinese conversation” If the whole paragraphs are italicized, it means they’re flashbacks and mixed fonts (italic and normal) are intentional especially in conversations

 

If there are any further changes or additions, I’ll post them in the A/Ns in the future. Continue reading :3

 

-Chapter 18-

It was about ten in the morning when JuYeon and her mother sat on the sofa inside the luxurious hotel room where Mrs. Jung resided for a while ever since the Christmas gathering with the Kims. The day before, the mother of four should’ve come with them all to meet up with the wedding planner, but there was no one available to take care of SaRang and SeHyung, so the younger woman decided to visit her mother the day after to let the elder catch up with the updates. Now that her mother was no longer in the dark, the duo just sat lounging in the suite while JoonMyun volunteered to bring her younger siblings around the city to let them explore a bit and JaeHyun had already left to his dorm with his roommates that had returned from their own Christmas holidays since he had work tomorrow. JuYeon’s younger brother had called in that dawn when she had just finished showering inside JoonMyun’s en suite bathroom, only for his sister to receive endless “Oh my god, sis you are amazeballs!”, “You know I love you, right?” and also the infamous “You are the best noona I ever have!” to which the lass replied with “I am the only noona you ever have!” accompanied with a roll of her eyes at her brother’s dorkiness, realizing that he must’ve gotten the keyboard set along with his future brother-in-law’s Samsung’s wireless Level headphones in ivory. Oh, he and JaeHyun would get along extremely well, that was for certain.

 

“I’m going to talk to EunHwa’s mother for the cake flavours this afternoon. Her mother already knew what I would order already, I think.” JuYeon chuckled as her mother shook her head. “Young lady, you and your obsession with those chocolates are going to ruin me one day. I bet my son-in-law would be victim too.” Mrs. Jung narrowed her eyes towards her daughter as the latter giggled toothily. “Omma, you’re already calling him that? And my addiction to chocolates are not stupid. How can you say that?” She nudged her head on her mother’s shoulder as her mother flicked her forehead and earned a whine in return. “Omma, that’s not very nice! You can’t abuse your child as fabulous as me!” She flipped her hair as her mother scoffed. “What fabulous?” The two continued to stay on the sofa with playful mother-daughter banters until the suite’s doorbell chimed. Standing up from her position, JuYeon strutted towards the door and wrung the handle to open it, only for her to come across her youngest sibling running inside leading him to almost ramming her in the ribs while her fiancé jogged his way in with a giant grin lighting up his face with an expression of childish innocence on his face as he chased her brother before SaRang came up to her slowly with a laugh, in her hands a few bags – which JuYeon assumed was few treats as the smell of butter and honey wafted through the air. “Don’t ask me, unnie. They’re in a chasing game earlier, you don’t want to know how much ruckus they caused down at the lobby earlier.” Her younger sister sipped on a chocolate bubble tea before handing out to the elder female who automatically took a huge gulp, wincing to herself a bit once she got a brain freeze once she noticed she had drank too fast.

 

JuYeon raised an amused eyebrow at the young teenager before turning around to see her fiancé that had caught her youngest brother in a headlock, with SeHyung struggling from JoonMyun’s grip. JuYeon couldn’t blame her brother though, he was the little brat of their family, and JoonMyun probably had gained more muscles over the years, noticing the taut flesh flexing as they playfully ruffled the young boy’s hair and his broad shoulders looking painfully tight under his. He was one of the school’s best players in the soccer team. Once the young woman noticed herself checking out her own fiancé in silence, the woman felt blood coursing through her veins to spread heat on the apples of her cheeks before clearing and moistened her lips that suddenly felt dry. “So where did you guys went to with JoonMyun?” The elder sister asked in a slightly quiet voice, not wishing to disrupt the two males making quite the ruckus inside the large suite while her mother had a wide grin as she looked at the two boys; one who was reaching his puberty and the other who was supposedly a grown man soon to be married in less than two weeks. Honestly, she never knew her fiancé was that good with children. He was a natural, and the young woman admired him with his never ending charms he seemed to have hold, even with the kids he was adored.

 

“Oppa brought us to the restaurant down for English breakfast and then we went for a walk around Dongdaemun. It was fun but there were other foreigners there too.” SaRang sat down with her sister on the two-seater. “And you guys got snacks?” JuYeon smirked at the few bags she was holding onto as the younger girl shook her head. “Oh, I forgot, JoonMyun oppa got these for you too. He said you would like them.” The girl shrugged when her elder sister stared at her in curiosity, but took the bags anyways. “Oh.” That was the only thing she managed to say once she stared inside one of the bags. “What is it, unnie?” The elder felt her younger sister leaning over her to take a closer look, before the latter broke out into a fit of giggles, to which SaRang immediately threw a fist to to prevent from laughing out loud. One would be wondering what the hell was in the bag, but JuYeon sighed under her breath as she felt herself getting embarrassed. She guessed what her mother had said earlier was true. JoonMyun must’ve thought she loved chocolates as much as she was obsessed with baozis to buy a whole bag of what she suspected to be a kilogram of Van Houten small choclotae balls with raisins inside, a large party bag of mini Milky Ways, and also three small boxes of Lotte’s pepero sticks, each of myriad of flavours. When she looked into the second bag, there was her second favourite addictions, or what her mother called ‘obsession’ – baozis.

 

“You guys even went to a Chinese?” The elder stared incredulously at her sister as horror and embarrassment was written in the woman’s eyes. “Oh, so that was why he was smiling so wide when we stopped by that outlet. He said he got your ‘love’, though. I didn’t realized oppa literally meant food when he said that.” SaRang frowned a bit and shook her head, a grin elicited on her face as she made eye contact with her eldest sibling. “JoonMyun oppa is amazing.” The young teenager giggled as her sister rolled her eyes. “Amazing, huh? Do you want to marry him, instead?” JuYeon nudged the younger by the elbow playfully. “Marry who?” The young woman almost got herself into cardiac arrest when a male voice spoke next to her. By the way her sister’s grin turned wider as she looked behind her, JuYeon could already tell that JoonMyun was behind her, so catching herself from her actions, the woman faced her fiancé. “I was just joking around with SaRang.” The young female watched as her younger sibling had already got up from her seat and approached their mother with the remaining bags before the male sat beside her where SaRang had occupied earlier spoke up. “Should we go now? We have about an hour and a half to go to the bakery.” JoonMyun smiled at her.

 

The younger tilted her head a bit before nodding, standing up from her position to get her Michael Kors’ zipped shoulder coat over her Calvin Klein ‘Dovalina’ sweater dress that reached till her mid-thighs, although the coat covered it. Since JuYeon was already in her Levi’s white straight jeans, the woman picked up her Rebecca Minkoff’s metallic silver envelope clutch under her arm and slipped into her indigo denim ‘Ronnie’ platform sneakers, also from Michael Kors where she placed it on the rack beside the door, a little secluded away from the mini living room where the rest of her family were gathered in. Her fiancé was already beside her as he hold onto the slightly opened door, the other hand gently yet firmly grabbing onto her elbow as she tugged the shoe past her foot for balance. Muttering a quick gratitude towards the male, she trailed behind JoonMyun as they strutted towards the elevators where her fiancé naturally slipped his fingers to interlace them with hers, tugging the female slightly so that she was walking alongside him. JuYeon leaned against the banister of the glass of the elevator walls where the city view from outside was displayed to the hotel guests as he copied her actions once they were inside. “Is her mother there yet or are we early?” She asked him as they made eye contact, and the male shook his head with a smile. “EunHwa told me last night that her mother won’t run the bakery today just for us, so maybe she’s already preparing the menu and mini slices for us to taste on, although she did mention her mother might already know what you want.” There was that teasing smile that tugged on the corner of the male’s lips that made her feel embarrassed as of late, and she wondered why she had just realized that he was becoming more playful with her so carefreely.

 

“Oh, yeah. That. Of course EunHwa would tell you that. Basically, there was that one time during high school senior year where EunHwa’s mother was testing out a new recipe she found and modified and I was there when she was baking and she wanted me to taste it for her and since then that cake has been my absolute favourite because nothing can beat that flavor and I won’t settle for any other cake. Ever.” JuYeon said it in such a haughty way that was enough to make the young CEO beside her doubling over in a fit of breathy laughter as his head fell over her shoulder and hand sliding around her frame for support, and the woman felt herself shuddering just the slightest bit when JoonMyun’s breath ghosted over her exposed skin on the junction between her neck and shoulder. There was that rush of warmth coursing through her veins as her cheeks flamed in a dusty shade of blush when his nose came in contact with her neck when he spoke. “You are just so full of surprises, aren’t you?” He whispered, lips grazing lazily on her skin until he nibbled on her earlobe before he took a playful nip on it, exchanging sometimes between his teeth and lips with his warm moist tongue. If he knew how sensitive his fiancée was on his intimate ways of affection, then he definitely didn’t comment on it, instead driving her insides wild as he toyed with her weak spots, absolutely enjoying the way every part of her seemed to react to his touches and using that to his full advantage. She unconsciously arched her back as a breathy mewl escaped past her lips when he trailed his wet tongue and lips down her neck and let out an amused chuckle deep from his throat. He was skillful with his mouth not only in dealing with meetings and negotiations, apparently. She gripped on the sleeve of his Hugo Boss lightweight coat tightly as her eyes shut in pure bliss.

 

Only when the elevator doors made a ‘Ding!’ did the young woman noticed of her whereabouts and straightened her position as JoonMyun pulled away from her, but pulled her closer to him by the hold on her waist, rubbing on her covered skin sensually as he placed a kiss on the side of her temple. “You smell so good, baby doll.” He muttered silently before walking them both out of that confined space with a satisfied grin on his reddened moist lips as they waited for his staff to get his Audi. JoonMyun drove them to their designated location in comfortable silence with a few light topics here and there and before JuYeon knew it, they had arrived to a bakery. “We’re here.” He said, unbuckling his seatbelt as he got out and resuming to help her out of his car. The winter breeze made her clutch her coat tightly against herself as they walked into the lot. “I can see imo inside.” He remarked, lips jutted oout to point over the woman standing behind the counter, probably talking to her employee as the young woman slightly tightened the grip on their intertwined fingers. The male walking beside her only sent her an assuring smile then, guiding them both inside as he opened the door, only to be greeted by a welcoming waitress so as if they were awaiting the pair. “Hello and welcome to Sweet Tooth Café. Our boss is waiting for you right here.” She led them both to a four-pax table.

 

“Oh, JoonMyun! JuYeon! How’s my favourite niece and nephew?” The elder woman came out from the counter earlier as the staff she was talking to continued to do his work. “Technically I’m your second daughter, imo. I thought we already established that.” JuYeon raised an eyebrow as she watched her fiance got pulled into an embrace by EunHwa’s mother. “Same thing, JuYeon. But JoonMyun is like another son to me, so you are going to bear another title soon. You have to get used to it.” Mrs. Yoon teased the younger woman who shook her head as the male beside her chuckled at their conversation. “EunHwa said that you got my favourite flavor on the top list?” JuYeon grinned widely at the other femalw who let out a sigh. “Jung JuYeon, you are going to get married and your strange obsession with that flavor still hasn’t died down yet. I wonder if your fiancé can bear with this.” Mrs. Yoon reprimanded at the eldest of the Jung siblings who frowned at the thought. “It’s not strange, imo. I just appreciate your pastries is all.” Mrs. Yoon shook her head at JuYeon as the three took a seat. “Now, EunHwa told me you wanted to hurry with the process of choosing since the official announcement is this week and your wedding in less than two. Alright, I’ve already got EunHwa listing me the top ten flavours so we may need to narrow down to six or five for the two occasions. How’s that?” Mrs. Yoon slid a notebook to them both as the two leaned forward.

 

“Well, I actually have something in my mind.” JuYeon rubbed her nape sheepishly when the other two companions on the table for four turned their attention to focus on her with inquisitive gazes. “Last night EunHwa had given me some tips for cake flavours a bit. I was thinking of a four-tier large cake for the engagement announcement since the guests are many as compared to the wedding and a maybe simple one for the wedding itself? Like using minimal colours and details. I figured that for the wedding the guests coming are more to family and close friends and also the media crew members, so keeping it simple yet memorable should be enough. But this is just a suggestion. I don’t know what JoonMyun would want” Once she was done, EunHwa’s mother had a frown line decorating her forehead as the elder thought things through while JoonMyun just immediately agreed. “I can’t really disagree with that, since our public approach is during the engagement announcement and that the wedding is supposed to be more for the family members’ moments to gather. If JuYeon likes it to be simple, I don’t mind with that too. It’s the moments that counts after all, right?” The male flickered a gaze towards JuYeon a brief moment before turning back to Mrs. Yoon. “That makes sense, in a way. I know you, JuYeon. You want everything a simple as it is.” The knowing grin the elder woman gave her was a bit flustering as she also felt JoonMyun’s soothing hand tracing infinites on her covered knee. “Alright, I may come up with an idea but, it will be a surprise for you both. You only need to choose which flavours for the two occasions and I’ll have them ready by the time the events start.”

 

With that, the problem of choosing their designs were solved. Her best friend’s mother was an expert in the bakery field and not a stranger in making wedding cakes and other pastries for such big events, so JuYeon wasn’t the least bit worried of Mrs. Yoon’s expertise. The three of them managed to go through choosing cake flavours fairly easy after that, with JuYeon’s top favourite and absolute must on number one during their wedding. The three exchanged their short farewells and the engaged pair was walking towards the exit when the male paused in his steps abruptly, making the young woman halt in her steps too. “Ah, can you start the engine first? I have to go back inside for a moment. See you in the car, baby doll.” He whispered before, without a hint of any sign of embarrassment, swooped down to place a deep kiss on her cheek, right in front of the prying and teasing eyes of the staffs and the amused grin on the lips of Mrs. Yoon. Speechless at his nonchalance of public displays of affections, the young woman gulped the liquid of and bit her lower lip out of habit whenever she was left tongue-tied or flustered before ignoring the looks darted to her when she brisk-walked towards his car.

 

The female managed to start the engine and placed herself to the unoccupied shotgun seat, buckling up her seatbelt when the door of the driver’s seat was unlocked by none other than her fiancé himself. “What were you talking to imo about?” JuYeon asked away her curiosity as it got the best of her usually rational mind before the woman could even hold back her tongue. JoonMyun shifted in his seat as he adjusted the belt before turning to the woman beside him with a knowing glint on his dark brown irises, the corner of his lip tugged into a lopsided grin before he leaned to her a bit. “That, is for me to know and for you to find out, baby doll.” He breathily whispered against her lips with less than a couple of centimetres in between them to separate as he rubbed his nose against hers in an eskimo kiss, that one rare gesture sending her heart into frenzy mode before he pulled away to drive.

 

 

 

“Are you nervous?”

 

JuYeon snapped out of her thoughts, frowning before automatically reaching her and out to smack him on the back of his head. “Ow! JuYeon! Why do you have to be so violent? If you are going to treat hyung like this when you’re on your honeymoon-” “Don’t even think about finishing that sentence, Kim JongDae.” JuYeon glared him up, considering the woman was sitting on a high stool, the make up artist doing her best to style her hair for touch ups with a few loose locks where her ebony silk-like mane that was usually in a ponytail or let down free in it’s natural state was done in a waterfall braid on neat curls that fall over her shoulders down to the middle of her lower back, the light in the small room giving her silky mane a soft luminescent sparkle. Since it was winter, the semi-sheer long sleeves of her Oscar de la Renta illusion lace Taffeta gown gave her figure a gracef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter