When Joohyun Met Seulgi

Kang&Bae Life

​The flash back is a legit scenario that happened to me and my friends.

-

 

“Yah yah yah! Why do always get your card from the middle?” Joohyun slapped Eunbi’s hand before she could touch the set of cards.

Eunbi chuckled and took the card from the top. “Ugh! It’s all numbers! Seriously!” she layed out all her cards which was of different colors and numbers.

 

The group was having a long break in the cafeteria due the teacher of the last subject before break time wasn’t present—much to their happiness because it was a Math subject. They decided to play Uno, a card game where loyalty and trust between friends get broken. In a circle, Joohyun sits at Eunbi’s left side followed by Sana, Sohye, Eunha, Rose andt loops back to Eunbi.

Eunbi laid a Wild Draw 4 card (a luck after picking six times) and looked playfully at Joohyun who sported the same facial expression and placed the same card on the table.

 

“HAH! I ain’t having a bunch of cards anymore!” Sana exclaimed after she slammed another Wild Draw 4 card on the table.

 

Sohye, who was next to Sana, had her shoulders slumped for she does not have the same card to put down. Her originally five cards will have to add up twelve more. The whole group laughed at their friend’s situation. It was some sort of bullying, yes, but it’s a cool thing between them--no hard feelings. Sohye would always be the target of the group. If not her then it’ll be Rose.

 

“You guys are harsh. How could you do this to me?” Sohye whined as she struggled to hold 17 cards in her hands.

 

“I told you you’re curse from the Medical Building is following you.” Joohyun teased.

 

It has been an inside joke between the group ever since they started playing Uno Cards at the Medical Building’s 2nd floor hallway while waiting for their teacher to come. (It was a computer laboratory so students are required to wait for the teacher before they enter the room). The group had 10 games and Sohye only won once.

 

In the middle of playing, a girl turned up behind Rose which caught the group’s attention. She looks like she wanna say something.

 

“Uh, excuse me. I’m just wondering if I… I could get her name.” the girl moved her hand slightly, pointing at a particular person.

“Who’s her?” Eunbi asked again. 

“Her.” The girl pointed at Joohyun.

 

The group went silent for a while—not really believing what was happening—and burst out laughing, even Joohyun did. She even almost slammed her face on the table because of embarrassment. Joohyun wasn’t used to getting sudden confessions and she’s not really fond of getting into a relationship at that moment because studies are stressful enough for her and she didn’t want to add another stress. She stared at the girl for a second when her friends started spouting different ‘ridiculous’ names.”

 

“Her name’s Philip!” Sana shouted—obviously teasing the girl.

 

Joohyun stared at the girl again, contemplating if she’ll give her name or not.

 

“No no, wait.” Eunbi stopped the loud bantering. “Why are you asking for her name?”

The girl started to fidget and looked back at their table. “U-Uh, my friend… there, was asking.”

 

Then another girl appeared—an attractive girl appeared. It wasn’t just any attractive girl.

 

“Damn you’re doomed Bae Joohyun.” Eunbi whispered.

 

The attractive girl looks less nervous than the other one.

 

“C-Can I get you name?” the ‘attractive girl’ asked.

 

Joohyun thought it again. Telling her, her name wasn’t thing but she also thinks she would look easy if she tells her now and Joohyun also thinks why she’s bothered by this when she’s clearly not interested at all.

 

“Irene.” She said, but Eunbi ‘shouted’ ‘Oscar’.

“Oscar?” the attractive girl was quite taken aback.

“It’s Irene.” Joohyun said.

There were awkward ‘thanks you’s and nods before the two girls left.

 

“You head, that’s Kang Seulgi!” Sana hissed.

“Isn’t she rumored to be the bad girl of the school?” Rose said.

“Why did that sound so cliché?” Eunha retorted.

“Because it is.” Sana said.

“But why did you say your name was Irene?” Eunbi asked.

“Because my Facebook name is Bae Joohyun.”

 

“So that’s why I can’t ing find your name anywhere.”

Joohyun chuckled and snuggled to her lover’s chest more to coo her. “Mianhae~”

 

+

 

“I’m quitting my job.” Joohyun said while eating her ice drop.

“What?! Why am I hearing this just now? Does anyone know about this?”

“Dad and Gramps know.”

“What happens after we get married then? Are you gonna use me as your personal ATM machine?” Seulgi scoffed.

Joohyun laughed maniacally. “Yes.”

“I really should find another woman to sustain your needs Bae.”

“Like you would dare.”

 

Joohyun straddled her lover’s lap and put their foreheads together—both of their eyes closed.

It was a boring day-off for the couple but yet they still stayed inside their shared apartment—yes, they finally realized the hassle of going and sleeping over each other’s house. All they did was eat junk foods and watch Cartoon Network.

 

“Say,” Seulgi started with a smirk playing on her face. “What are your favorite cartoons?”

Joohyun smiled. She wasn’t expecting such question. “I thought you were gonna say something erted again.”

Seulgi rubbed her nose against Joohyun who giggled at her lover’s sweetness. “No.”

 

“Hmm… Adventure Time?”

“Sure. I like Marceline.”

“Yours?”

“Steven Universe.”

“That’s a weird cartoon show.”

“We will be Garnet.”

“You’re sickeningly sweet today Kang.”

“You like it.”

“I do.”