Closer

Kang&Bae Life

Bare with me. I'm just really bored. Please don't mind the grammar and s I put if you see any.

 

-

 

“Joohyun-ah, are you still with me?” Wendy asked.

“Of course. When can we meet?”

“By tomorrow. We have studied her background and it’s quite suspicious to keep her from the media. None of my close connections know her so I couldn’t dig anything useful but I’m telling you right now that their company is safe.”

“How did you know?”

Wendy leaned in. “Apparently Ms. Bae Joohyun, your father knows her.” She sat back on her seat while wiggling her eyebrows at Joohyun.

 

Joohyun didn’t ask more after that. The deal was already guaranteed by her father—the CEO of their company—so she expects a good deal planned by both organization. She never lets herself get caught up with their family business and never had she put an interest in getting involved with it. It’s just a mere obligation for Joohyun as part of the Bae family.

Joohyun is known as the human robot in the company. She doesn’t get mad, they’ve never seen her smile or laugh—at least not genuinely—no one had seen her go out with anyone except Wendy and some of her cousins and relatives—to sum it all up, Joohyun seemed to be void of any emotions. Others find it chilling and creepy and they even worked up ridiculous stories of how it started but that’s just how Bae Joohyun came to be after years of waiting.

 

+

 

The employees, although in awe, greeted the new face in their company. She was the soon-to-be business partner of their boss—their boss’s daughter rather. Most of the women in the building admired her feminine and elegant but with oozing charisma look that can be definitely leveled with a man’s appeal.

 

“She’s a total girl crush.” The receptionist mumbled in a dreamy stare.

 

The certain ‘girl crush’ sported a calm and cool expression on her face but it isn’t anywhere near arrogant. Her black heels entered the elevator with her secretary and the trusty-looking bodyguard behind them. The secretary almost smirked with the girls’—women’s gushes, at their back then she eyed her boss with a teasing smug. She was sure that the latter can see her through peripheral view.

 

“How many more minutes left?” the secretary’s boss asked.

 

If the flock of women behind them didn’t have proper training and manners, they must have squealed with the new comer’s tad bit low and husky voice. Not too feminine but not too manly either—something that is considered ‘boyish’ a.k.a. a handsome voice.

 

“Don’t worry boss, you’re gonna be ten minutes early by…” the woman stopped and as if she was expecting for it, the elevator door opened the moment they reached the CEO’s floor. “…now.”

“Thanks, Joy.”

 

Joy shrugged her shoulders and followed her boss to the CEO’s office where the Mr. Bae and his daughter are waiting.

The bodyguard knocked and another bodyguard, who is employed under the company they are in as of the moment, opened the door for them.

 

“Good to see you again Mr. Bae.” Joy’s boss greeted with a gentle smile—more like a hidden smug.

“Finally, you have arrived. We’ve been waiting for you.” The old man greeted back.

 

Mr. Bae’s daughter was still in her spot while her father already stood up to welcome their visitor.

 

“Of course Mr. Bae. I’ve been wanting to come back years ago but unfortunately, I needed to make money for that so here I am.”

“Good.” Mr. Bae hugged the tall woman and whispered, “I pass my princess to you. Hurt her and you’re gonna have an early death wish at a young age.”

The woman chuckled as the old man broke their hug. “I won’t, Uncle.”

“I’ll leave you two now.” Mr. Bae patted the woman’s shoulder and left the room.

 

Joy ushered herself and the two bodyguards out of the office to give both women the privacy they needed.

 

“Joohyun.” The woman started.

 

The young vice president didn’t budge.

 

“Bae Joohyun.” The woman tried again.

“When did you comeback.”

 

Joohyun’s voice sent chills down the woman’s spine but she understood. No calls, text, emails—or any form of communications at all for nine years. The woman had no choice but to abide by Mr. Bae’s rules if she really wanted to see Joohyun as soon as possible. She chose not to have second thoughts and focused on what was directed for her to do. Mr. Bae’s demands weren’t meant to take easily. The woman’s lack of capability while living in a foreign country she didn’t know of resulted to a numerous of suffering.

Unfortunately for the woman, she ended up enrolling in a public high school to finish her studies. She had to take up a scholarship to keep out of heavy financial problems since Joohyun’s father said he would only support her finances once she graduated high school.

But school wasn’t the only thing she had to work for. Mr. Bae keeps her extra busy with office works—training her for something she doesn’t have a knowledge what—and she didn’t mind having these as long as she can have Joohyun once the woman comes back next to her lover’s side.

She trusted Joohyun’s father with his promise.

 

“Yesterday. Your father told me to rest and meet him today.”

 

Joohyun faced the woman she’s been waiting for years with a tear-streaked face, making other person in the room to pull Joohyun and wipe her tears for her.

“I-I thought you wouldn’t c-comeback.” Joohyun sobbed as she clutched the blazer of the person in front of her.

“I did not let your father control me for almost a decade just to keep you away from me, Hyun. You know me.”

“I hate you Kang Sseul.”

“You know you don’t.” Seulgi chuckled.

 

Seulgi was ordered by Joohyun to change her outfit since the older woman stated that her dress was too tight for her liking. She only chuckled at her lover and took her extra clothes from Joy, whom she instructed to get her spare outfit in her car.

 

“When did you become so stylish?” Joohyun scowled.

Seulgi was fascinated by Joohyun’s cute unexpected childishness. “This is my casual look, Hyun. I believe I can’t dress like what I wore before since I have an identity to take care of.” She chuckled.

Joohyun whined. “And you sound like my Dad and my brother when you talk. I don’t like it! Not one bit.”

Seulgi laughed at this. “Because I was stuck with them for 108 months.” She sighed and pulled her girl close to her. “Although I’ve heard news from your family about your cold persona, you’ve never changed at all Joohyun-ah.”

“I don’t have a reason to be ignorant anymore.” Joohyun inhaled the scent that she waited for so long. “I missed you.”

“I told you to wait didn’t I? I kept my promise this time.”

Silence followed them until Joohyun pulled away from their hug and eyed her lover cunningly.

 

“You still have to court me.” Joohyun showed her cheeky smile.

 

Seulgi could only grunt.

 

 

 

Joohyun found herself snuggled under a thick duvet. It’s been two weeks since Seulgi came and their inseparable since then. And she’s very aware that Seulgi and she, broke hearts the moment they announced their relationship.

She forced her eyes open and saw and fully clothed woman by the door frame holding a mug of coffee.

 

“I understand your tiredness Hyun but I never thought you’d wake up at one o’ clock in the afternoon.” The woman said haughtily.

“Huh.” Joohyun scoffed. “Now the culprit’s talking.” She took the duvet with her as stood to walk to the bathroom.

“No need to be conservative Bae. In case you don’t know, you’re allowed to walk around my flat.”

“Jerk.” Joohyun threw a pillow at her lover who caught casually caught by one hand.

Seulgi laughed. “Breakfast is ready. I’ll wait for you in the kitchen, Bae.”

 

Seulgi was leisurely taking her time checking through her Instagram account when she heard a certain bunny whine her name. She went back to their room and came across and very lazy Bae Joohyun whose arms are spread out.

 

“Piggy-back.”

 

Joohyun childishness can turn into a whole new level sometimes.

Shaking her head, Seulgi crouched in front of her lover with her back facing Joohyun.

 

“Ugh.” Groaned Seulgi after Joohyun ‘jumped’ on her back.

“Now take me to the kitchen, peasant.”

“I yearned for this after nine years. Great work Kang Sseul.” Seulgi mumbled under her breath while groaning.

“You sayin’ somethin’ babe?”

“N-Nothing. I said you’re light as a thread Joohyun.”

“I know right.” Joohyun replied.

 

 

The couple arrived together—as usual—in the company with their casual clothes which Joohyun had strictly required themselves to do. Seulgi left the key to the valet parking staff and followed her girlfriend inside the building.

Joohyun changed into a normal human being after Seulgi came. The employees were relieved with the positive transformation, however, the possessiveness of the youngest daughter of Mr. Bae is not meant to be ignored.

Joohyun didn’t like the stares they’re giving Seulgi—I mean, when did she? She always made sure the she got her hawk eyes readied on them.

 

Hey Kang!

 

The last she checked, Seulgi was behind her. Now Joohyun’s asking herself who is this daring and how dare her hug her woman.

 

Krys! O my God. When did you come back?”

“Last night. I was too jet-lagged to see you. I’m sorry.”

“No problem. Are you staying with your sister?”

“As of now, yes. But we started planning on buying my own flat.”

“Good for you. I remember how Jess-unnie nagged you all the time every time you stay with her under the same roof.” Seulgi laughed.

 

Joohyun is so done right now. She’s beyond pissed. She’s disappointed. She wants to rage. But of course she wouldn’t. Joohyun waited patiently for her girlfriend to finish her business with her friend. And finally…

 

“Krys, I’d like you to meet Bae Joohyun.”

“O my God. Is this her?” Krystal was staring awe-struck at Joohyun as if she wasn’t pretty herself. “You are a lucky bastard Kang Seulgi. She’s definitely worth it than your hoe—hmp.”

 

Seulgi felt difficulty in breathing the moment she saw death in Joohyun’s eyes. She dragged her friend away with her palm still clamped on Krystal’s mouth to keep it from spouting words that could trigger Joohyun’s evil side.

 

“Shut it Jung Soojung.” Seulgi hissed.

 

 

 

“Seul.”

“Yeah?”

“How’s US?”

“Good. But when loan sharks are always after you, it isn’t. And when everybody practically talks about you. Or when you’re always judged because you’re out of the norm. Or because you don’t have enough money to buy new clothes. Or when you get scolded by your teachers because you’re always late in school when in fact you came from a hectic night shift the night before just to survive the day without starving.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It was worth it though. So everything’s good. I’m a tough bear.” Seulgi chuckled.

“Joohyun’s tough bear.” She squeezed her girlfriend’s cheeks and kissed her nose.

 

Silence.

 

“Y-You’re not gonna leave again… aren’t you?”

 

It took a moment before Seulgi answered.

 

“You can keep me forever now Bae Joohyun.”