WenRene

Kang&Bae Life

This is so lame. I'm running out of prompts so I keep on nagging my friends to suggest some.

-

 

“Aren’t they too close for an assistant-boss relationship?”

 

Seulgi’s narrow eyes narrowed even more after witnessing a sickeningly sweet Joohyun and Wendy who just entered a café she was in.

 

“Stop being so jealous.” Krystal retorted.

“I’m not jealous Soojung.” Seulgi said before sipping her frappe—it’s the only thing she orders from the café’s menu. “What should I be jealous about?”

“Wendy’s gentleness?”

“Seriously? I’m as soft as a cotton.”

“You mean you’re as bendable as a cotton.” Krystal chuckled.

Seulgi frowned. “D-head. You talkin’ like you aren’t.”

 

They watched the two co-workers sit in a comfortable corner near the glass wall. Wendy started the conversation and everything went on from that. Irene seemed to be happy talking with Wendy.

 

“Aw. That’s sweet.” Krystal commented when Wendy wiped Irene’s mouth.

“Disgusting. There’s nothing there!”

“Oh shut up Brock. You’re just jealous.”

“I’m not! I’m seriously gonna choke you if you don’t stop.”

 

Krystal could only shake her head at her friend’s silliness. Seugi is prone to insecurities but she knows how to handle them well. She’d be feeling down for a minute then she’ll be good as new after.

Their meet should had been a group meet if not for the others who ditched them.

 

“Who would’ve thought we’d see those best of friends here.” Krystal said.

“This is their hang out place.” Seulgi raised her eyebrow at Krystal.

“Don’t look at me like that Brock.”

“Stop calling me names!”

“You’ve got no chill Kang.” Krystal put down her mug. “Tell you what, let’s bet. I kinda’ miss it.”

“Bet on what?”

“Wendy meeting her date here and Joohyun is just with her to keep her company.”

“Why would she keep her company? Wendy’s like the loudest forehead-less woman in the world. It’s like she swallowed an amplifier.” Seulgi cringed upon imagining an amplifier with Wendy’s face attached.

“Because she’s nervous? It’s a ‘date’ after all.” Krystal air-quoted.

“Okay.”

“Now we’re good.”

 

Silence.

 

“Being a Forehead-less is better than being Brock you know.”

“ you.”

 

*

 

“How could she know that kind of thing?!”

“Get over it baby bear. Krystal’s just probably messing with you.”

 

They’re back in Joohyun’s flat where they planned to spend the rest of the day and just cuddle with each other. Seulgi opposed to the idea but she’s not exactly the ‘boss’ in their relationship. Joohyun got bad mood swings every time and she doesn’t want to be slapped again.

 

“She said the exact reason why you’re with forehead-less—”

“Wendy.”

“Yes, Wendy.”

“You’ve been thinking about that for hours.”

“Yes.”

“You know Krystal’s girlfriend is Amber right?”

“Yes.”

“You know Amber is really close with Wendy right? Because they come from the same middle school and high school in Canada?”

“Y…eah—oh…”

“PABO.”

 

Few moments later.

 

“Hyunnie, Krystal keeps on calling me Brock.”

Joohyun laughed. “That’s funny but it suits you baby. What’s the problem?” she wiped her fiancée forehead with her sweatshirt’s sleeves because flour was all over her face. Wendy has suggested earlier in the cafe to make baking their hobby as a couple and Joohyun had it considered.

“Why is it okay to you when she calls me Brock but when I call Wendy Forehead-less you don’t like it…” Seulgi trailed off.

Joohyun stared at his lover with a sweet smile threatening to show on her face. “Are you being jealous right now?”

“No.” Seulgi eyes was looking everywhere but her.

“Wendy and I are just like sisters okay? She treats me as an unnie and I treat her as my—”

“Don’t use a possessive noun.”

Joohyun chuckled. “Ara. As I was saying, I treat as a dongsaeng and that’s it.”

“That doesn’t explain my question Hyun.”

 

The oven rang once, a sign that the cupcakes were finally baked, and Joohyun let go her girlfriend to get the tray. After placing two trays on the counter, Seulgi asked again.

 

“So why?”

“Because Wendy actually has a chance on getting rid of her bangs while you,” Joohyun looked up to her girlfriend. “You can’t rid of those Brock eyes of yours unless you get plastic surgery or use eyelid tape.”

“You’re cruel.”

“But we love each other so shut up already and help me do the frosting.”

“I don’t wanna.”

 

Joohyun glared at Seulgi.

 

“Nah.”

 

Joohyun pierced a glare at Seulgi.

 

“That won’t work.”

 

Joohyun shot a death glare at Seulgi.

 

“Nu-uh.”

“No se-“

“Okay. Got it. Tell me what to do first.”