Chptr 3

The Apple of One's Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After graduating, Yonghwa working his off at his father’s company. Eventhough, he has been acknowledge by his co-workers that he’s the next heir of the company,he’s not giving a chance of being pampered by them. They knew that Yonghwa hated getting any “exclusive” treatment from anyone though. He even warned everyone who trying to sweet-talking and treating him differently will get fired less than a minute.So, for 3 years or so, he’s been treating like a normal person do and working hard on his own.

As the time passes, and Yonghwa been promoted to be the design manager department,eventhough everyone know the CEO, himself wanted him to replace and take his rightful placed.The workers has been wondering why Yonghwa keep on refusing taking his father positions, beside, he already knew how to handled the bussiness, how to worked properly.But the Jung Yonghwa keep on rejecting and giving so many excuses.

What Yonghwa didn’t know, is that, his father getting weaker and in so much pain. Mr. Jung know that Yonghwa still didn’t has the gut to run the company, but his son is in denial. He could run the company already, he’s in the right age, and he’s so ready.

One day, the CEO himself came to Yonghwa’s office which make the whole floor that Yoghwa’s been working on, are in chaos with all the workers trying to make the whole floor spotless and clean without any dirt or even papers “mountained up” on the floor or even a desk.

As the big boss reach the designing department, Mr Jung, helped by his forearm crutches.Everyone knew that the CEO sprained his legs a week ago when he’s having his meeting at China. Its frustated of Yonghwa knowing his father being careless self and put himself in danger.He’s almost having  a heart attack knowing that his father once again being hospitalized, for the 5th times this year.

All the workers lining all the way of the hallway, just to greet their boss.Its very rare event of having the BIG boss came to their floor.Yonghwa didn’t miss it as he also lining up with his co-workers and greet his own father.

The old man smile weakly before ushered his worker to go back to their works, except for Jung Yonghwa himself. They both walk in to his office which his office’s table, filled with stacks of files, documents, some of blueprints. Yonghwa put aside some of the files as he look up on his father.Notice how awkward he is standing at his son’s not-so-big office, Yonghwa chuckle secretly. His current office nothing to compared with his father’s office which he know its larger than this.

“Please, have a seat, Sajangnim..” He said as he politely went to his father’s side and pulled a chair for him to sit, facing him.Yonghwa turn to his place back and sit down.This is his first time sitting with his father after so long. He was so surprised when his colleagues says that the CEO wanted to came to their department. Its very rare having the CEO visited them, down here.

Yonghwa look carefully at his father. His eyes seems abit drop than the last time, he seems sleepless and he look very skinny. Is he eat less?But his father still tall and handsome.

“How are you?” Mr. Jung finally break the silence.

Clearing his throat, Yonghwa sit back as he try to be relaxed as possible with his father. “I’m fine. How about you? Still having those heartache?Diziness?”

The older could only chuckle before let out another cough.  “Well, you could say that.”

“Why are you here, sajangnim?”

Mr. Jung flinched the second time his own freshblood called him that, instead of dad. He let out a sigh letting out the negative energy so that he wouldn’t start a scream event with his son, here.

“Please,son, we’re here alone.Stop calling me that”

“I’m sorry, but we still in office,” Yonghwa stated then continue, “So?”

Huffed another sigh, Mr. Jung finally voice out “Actually I just finished meeting with the board,”

“Good for you”

“Listen, Yonghwa-ah, I’m getting old and so, so tired. I’ve been wondering, when do you want to–“

Yonghwa stop him since he know where is this conversation will lead to.The son sigh before he seriously look at his father, “I know. B-but , I just .. don’t know if I-I could…”

Mr. Jung nod his head as he knew Yonghwa’s point.”Yonghwa-ah, stop doubting yourself. I know my son can do it. You’ve done such great job on leading this department, now its time for leading the whole company. You don’t have to worried because I believe with your wits and the right companion, you will be more successful and a bright futur–“

“Wait, the right companion? What do you mean?”

Mr Jung, just notice he slipped out the purpose on why he came down here, to this deparment. He bit he lower lips as he gather all the suitable words so his son wouldn’t freaked out and think it throughtly.

Clearing his throat, then he speak “Son, did you know how that this company wouldn’t be successful if itsn’t of your mother?” he smile weakly.

“M-mother?”

He nod his head, “True, she’s been there for me when I had lost a lot of project and almost a little to close this company. But your mother was there, cheering me up, holding me still and giving strenght so I would never give up on my dreams of becoming a successful businessman. I’ve been through thick and thin with your mother. She’s been a great supporter and when I lost her,… god, it was the hardest year of my life. But I know, she wont like it if I’m all dull and already giving up on my dream, our dream, to live on unhappy life.With your mother as a supporter, a right companion, I’ve been successful as ever and her love keep me alive.” Mr. Jung smile again.

Unexpectedly, Mr. Jung cough horribly which make Yonghwa flinched as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter