Chptr 10

The Apple of One's Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun just came back from her duty when she received an envelope on her front door. She was too tired to open it right away as she throw it on her bed before went for a bath. With the wedding just around the corner, she’s having a big headeache and really need a good bubble bath.

After an hour for her bath, she came out from her bathroom, ready to slump to her bed and just let the dreamland took over her. But she stopped when the brown envelope came through her sight. She took it as she absentmindedly dry her hair with her small towel hanging on her neck.

A minute after drying her hair while looking all over the envelopt, she finally stood and went to her desk right at the corner of the room.She open the envelopt and to her surprises, theres a couple that seem like a document to her.Pulling it out, she then read the document.

‘Wedding contract with Mr. Jung Yonghwa’

Her eyes widen as she throw the-now-empty- brown envelopt. She read everything,– everyy words that has been wrote on the 10 pages of document.The more she read, her face frown even more. Seohyun been welcomed by the headache once more when she ready the second page of the document.She couldn’t believe that Yonghwa actually made a document for her, for their marriage.As she came to the pages, her mind cant helped but to think that Yonghwa absolutely lost his mind and she need to threat him instantly! This document said that she should–, MUST being a PERFECT wife for Jung Yonghwa. Even it talked about her future later with him, even her career! B-but, she already told him that she didn’t want to quit her job! What the hell with that man, seriously!

With her puffy cheeks, Seohyun sighed as she dialled up his phone number.It ring for a couple of times before he actually picking up.

Not minding with greeting, she growled “what the hell with this stupid contract Jung Yonghwa-sshi!?”

Yonghwa just finish typing the last few words for his work before he submit it. The phone call from Seohyun really shocked him until she growling at him.A deep sighed left his mouth as he lean back on his office chair. He glanced at the clock that showed 12.15 am.

“You just came back from work?” he trying to ignore her question which make the lady huffed in annoyance.

“Yes. And what’s with this contract of yours” she ask once again.

“Are you getting ready to go to bed?”Yonghwa once again pushed her button and making her hiss under her breath.

“Yes! Yonghwa-sshi, I’m asking out! What with this contract?!”

“Have you eaten y–“

“JUNG YONGHWA!” Seohyun basically barked on the phone which make the latter flinched as he moved away from his phone for a bit.

“Whats with the contract? It says that I don’t have to work anymore when I tied down with you? I thought that we already talked abou–“

“Just sign the paper, Juhyun-ah” he sighed, almost sound like a whisper.

“Wha–, NO! This contract, this whole damn thing are all about ruining my dreams all together. This is so unfair”her eyes red as she holding on to her tears.

He sighed, Yonghwa stood up from his seat before he walk to his office window that showed the scenery of Seoul. The lights and some cars can be seen from there. “I’m sorry”

A soft sobbing could be heard through the line afterwards. He know that he hurt her this time, knowingly, but he needed to protect her. She going to work all alone right now already worrying the hell out of him. Yonghwa don’t know what’s happened after their marriage, if she still working as doctor at a hospital that took almost an hour and a half from his penthouse. Moreover, with her labeled as ‘the wife of Jung corp.’s CEO’. He could smelled danger approaching them.

He knew how much she dear her job, but he’s more worrying with her safety.

“It’s for your own good, Hyun-ah” he sighed. “If you want to, I willingly open you up a clinic for you so you could run it on your own. Just quit the job at the hospital”

She sniff before she look back at the document. Theres a lot of words on the document making her doubting and all confused. If before, she might see how well her future are, even with Jung Yonghwa. But now, she didn’t even know is she even survive for months come.Her heart felt so hurt as if someone just stabbed right on it. The hospital held a lot of memories for her.

“L-let me think first” she finally mutter before hung up on the phone call.She throw the documents away as she lean back on her chair.Minutes later, her phone buzzed as a text came in.

‘Goodnight. Sleep well’-Yonghwa.

 

 

 

 

{…}

Her heart trembling in fear as she tighten her grip on her bouquet.

The day finally here. The day of her life. Instead of feeling happy and ectasy, she felt more worried and scared. She don’t know how to smile yet she don’t know if she could say those ‘I do’ words.She maybe couldn’t even stand right beside him. She just couldn’t bare to see the worst yet to come later on.For these passed days, she’s been distracted with a lot of thoughts, of getting out from this marriage. She worried of her families, friends and also, Jung Yonghwa.

That man has suffered enough.But then she stopped, was everything that Baekhyun ever told to her was even real? Was everything real? Since the thing that he said somehow saw it flaw when she said that she wanted to end their engagement and he acted as if what Baekhyun has been describing towards her. She’s in dilemma somehow.

Seohyun walk back to the mirror, once again studied her reflection. She’s wearing a very beautiful dress that her mother picked for her personally, as she holding a bouquet of flowers .She even wearing a lace veil that it long until before her hip. This is her first time she seeing her self in the dress since she just simply gives the designer her length and all.She didn’t even think about the design either. Seohyun amazed at how beautiful the dress has been made.

The knock on her door snapping her back to reality. She look at the girls before nodding as a permission for them to open the door. The thought of Yonghwa might braged in the room was so high, but she willing to take the risk.But when his father announce that time’s up, she heaved a big sighed. She didn’t know that it time already. The girls of her best of best-est friend, squeled as they all carry their duty as the briedmaids and walk out from the room after saying a few sweet things for their one and only, Seo Juhyun.

Seohyun walk out from the room as she met with her father. Her father nev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter