Chptr 13

The Apple of One's Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa bring them a new place a few days later. Seohyun still not talking to Yonghwa after what happen that night. Either she felt annoyed by Yonghwa’s or she didn’t dare to question him anything at all. She is giving him cold shoulder for weeks now. Yonghwa didn’t know what is happening, what is actually happen. And she scare for what might happen next.

Yonghwa did try everything to communicate with her, but nothing works. He know that he need to give her some space after that heated night, but it almost a month of their marriage now, he afraid that Seohyun might did something bad.

He bought a modern double storey house. Enough for both of them to live together, well, more than enough actually. Its spacious than the penthouse which there is a few bedrooms at the first and second floor. So knowing that fact, he knows that Seohyun going to take any room that doesn’t have him in there. She even willing to sleep in there with just a blanket and a pillow. So he let her take the master bedroom which at the second floor and him using the other room. The securities there are much tighter. Yonghwa even hired a bodyguard for Seohyun. The wife didn’t say anything but scared even with her bodyguard. She didn’t trust anyone at this moment. Her mind completely messed up and she couldn’t think straight. Her family-related already being murder, how is she supposed to stay calm.

Somehow this psycho success on entering her mind. She knows that she take a swear on how she wouldn’t never let any personal matters get into her work, but this is a murder that was relate with her families.

Yonghwa sigh when Seohyun keep herself in her bedroom and only came out just when she want the door at the front was ringing. But when nothing at the front, she came back inside with disappointed look on her face.

"Juhyun-ah, please. You need to eat, at least a little bit. Don’t make me worry" he persuade her sweetly, just maybe she would actually listen and came out then eat what he’s been prepare for her.

The husband always rushing on going back and forth between their house and his company. It’s really tiring, but for Juhyun, he's willing to do anything for her. He always came out from the house late but come for home early. He’s being the one that clean the house and doing all the chores in the house. He didn’t mind though, since he trying to give her some time. He needs to stay strong between them.

He saw how shaken Seohyun is after her uncle and aunt’s funeral. The look on her face enough to say that she is all broke.

 Yonghwa sigh as he pin in their passcode at the handle of their house. He enter the house with a tired look and sagged shoulder. Then he took a deep breath after taking off his shoes. He already set for the meal for tonight. He knows, eventhough Seohyun wouldn’t be coming down as like she always did like the nights before, he still cooks more and comfy.

He stops when he noticed that lights are on which it’s usually off the moment he came home. Yonghwa slowly moves to hang his coat, but when he turn, his eyes wide at the sight of Seohyun in her kneaded shirt and short with a cute pink apron. She shyly came to him with her head lower down. She had this natural blush on her cheeks which caught Yonghwa off guard.

“Ju–juhyun?”

“Welcome home” she stop right in front of him with a timid bow at the husband. She don’t know if she did it right or not but glancing at the shock face on his face, she know that she manage to bring him surprises.

“Wha-what..– yo-you come down..” he breath out with the sentences which make the girl giggle at his words. Somehow make him blinking rapidly and thumping his heart hard.

Seohyun then nod her head for confirmation. She look at him finally as she says, “I’m sorry” then she start to sobs. Hence, Yonghwa drop his things and gather her in his arms. He is shushing her in comfort. Her body all trembling hard as her water work start to get all worked up.

With a swift, Yonghwa brought them to the living room where there is a set of couch with coffee table and small cactus at the centre of the table. A few decorations and their wedding pictures hanging on the walls to create the harmony vibes on the living room also comforting with the colour of soft mint.

Yonghwa set himself on the couch as he place right beside him. Her limbs unconsciously creep on top of his knees which make half strandle on top of him. She moves closer to Yonghwa as she craves for more of his warmth. Seohyun then wrap her arms around his body. She is still sobbing as Yonghwa tug her closer to him. He didn’t speak anything as he gave her time to calm down.

Minutes later, Seohyun quite down as she listen to his calm heartbeat.

“Hey..” he was about to pull away, to look at her. But she tugs her arms, not wanting him to move and let her hide in his warmth.

Yonghwa sigh. “Sweetheart, just let me pull off my tie and my shirt since it’s choking me” he trying to jokes as he peck at the side of her head.

Seohyun was hesitates but then slowly she pulls away. Yonghwa glance at her, only to witness his wife’s tears leaving streaks on her face. She looks so lovely yet so sad.

He clucked his tongue as he cup her face with one hand as another doing the task remove his tie and undo a few button at top. His thumb soothing her cheek as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter