Chptr 4

The Apple of One's Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yonghwa-ah, meet this is my friend whos been helping me going through my pain for these past year, Seo Juhyun”

“And, Juhyun-sshi, this is my one and only son, Jung Yonghwa”

Seohyun stand up and bowed her head towards her sunbae.

On the other hand, Yonghwa seems struck by the fact, that the Seo Juhyun is here, with him, with his father, in this very house, in this very room. He could feel the worlds playing fool around him. He couldn’t understand what is happening right now. Many questions popped up on his mind.

What’s her relationship with his father? How long have they know each other? Friend? What kind of “friend” are they? How they both met each other? Is she knew about his father illness? How did she get this prett–

“Jung Yonghwa-sshi?”

“Son?”

That’s snapped Yonghwa back from his thought. The latter blinked his eyes as he look at the two person infront of him, back and forth.He seems clueless since its been 6 years  or so, they both last met, and that day was the day that Yonghwa wished he wouldn’t ever remember. He trying hard to erase every single things that would remind him of Juhyun, but the memories of her just too stubborn to leave his head.

He bowed to her politely as she did the same.

“W-what is happening here? Did y-you know her, appa? Ho-how ..? Mrs. Min called m-me and said that y-you–“

“Yonghwa-ah, come sit and and breath for a moment”

Seohyun moved back as she give her seat earlier to Yonghwa. Yonghwa moved to sit beside his father laying body. He didn’t wait any minute passed, as he grab his father’s hand and hold onto it. His cold skin and rough hand make him hissed under his breath. At his young age, his father’s hold always soft and warm to him. Its pain him when he felt the cold-rough skin.

“Yonghwa-ah, I didn’t mean to scared you like that, but I’m not getting any younger anymore. I hope you understand what I’m trying to say right now,” Mr. Jung said it as soft as possible.

His son nod his head. He couldn’t stare straight into his father eyes anymore. He want to helped his father but he don’t have any girl… yet.So, how would he handle the company? The “deadline” just neary.

“You’ve told me that you don’t need my help on finding you a wife, but yet, you failed to find a girl. You’ve been busy this whole week and I didn’t even heard any news about you going out with someone from anyone, even from that Lee Jonghyun kid”

What his father’s said make Yonghwa flinched even felt more embarassed since Seo Juhyun is here, hearing all of this. He don’t know if his father trying to make him look like a fool or not, since he used such a sweet tone.

With a huffed, he answer “I know, but…, its hard you know. Works come in to my office non-stop, and I’ve got to go meeting with clients which I cant make out any time to find a women who willing to married me that instant”

Mr. Jung smile as he acknowledge that kind of answer. He very sure that this time, Yonghwa wouldn’t dare to rejected his offer.

“So, I’m asking you one more time. Do you want me to help you?”

Instantly, Yonghwa look up on his father.Its been three days since he last heard those words from his father, he cant believe that his father saying this to him once again.

On his mind, he trying to find any other excuses that could be made so he wouldn’t married to someone he didn’t know and never tend to be in love with. He didn’t want his marriage to arranged by his father. He know that he’s not handsome or even muscular, but with enough education and knowledge about the world, he want to be with someone who willing to except the way he is.The one that he sure he could spent his lifetime together with her.

He knew that like it or not, he have to be married to someone that his father choose. He always  imagine to be married with someone that he chosen for himself. But with his father’s current condition and for all the people around has been pushing about him taking in charge on the company, he couldn’t let his old man down.

Yonghwa nod his head finally which make his old man smile.

“Well, meet your future wife, Seo Juhyun” Mr. Jung didn’t wasted anytime as he introduced Seohyun who has been watching their “bonding” time.

Jung Yonghwa too shocked to even look at Seohyun. His bulge eyes couldn’t get any more bigger as he look at his father. He trying understand what his father just said to him. Future wife? Seo Juhyun? His Seohyun that he used to confessed ?

“W-what?”

 

 

 

 

{…}

 

 

Both of them finally walked out from the masted bedroom. Mr. Jung needed a lot of rest due to his condition. Seohyun knew that he needed a lot of rest before his “big day”. She knew how much Mr. Jung passion about his work, ever since they both meet each other. Mr. Jung just cant stopped talking about how his company have achieved on so many awards for serving such a excellent bussiness to the costumer.

Just before she could walk away, Yonghwa pulled her towards his bedroom, the only room that he know his father wouldn’t dare to planted any camera.

His bedroom on the east wing of the house as its far at the end of the house. He didn’t like any distraction since he kid, so that’s way he picked the very end room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter