Chptr 5

The Apple of One's Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After her last patient, Seohyun could finally heaved a relieved sigh. She streched her arms wide as she lean her back on her comfy chair.Its been a tough week yet she barely had her sleep. Its been 48 hours since her last sleep. She have her report to finished up and a few more her patient’s documents that she need to look up to.

Just then, her phone ringing which make her move forward as she reached for her phone.She frowned when it showed an unknown number on her screen. She let it ring for couple second before she finally answered it carefully, “Yobo–“

“Its me, Jung Yonghwa” the other line cut her off, which took her off guard.She gasped as now she sit up straight as if he was there, right infront of her.

“Y-yonghwa-sunbae, wha-what do y-you…, how ma-may I he-help you?” her words stuttered since she still shocked with his sudden phone call. Last time, she remember they both didn’t exchanged their phone number.

“Can we meet?”

“Meet? Like r-right now?”

He hummed on other line, just to answer her question.

“O-okay, I guess. I think my shift already done”

“Great. I wait at the entrance.See you”

“Wait!Are you he–“

Just before she could ask him, he already hung up. She huffed as she took her phone and look at the screen. She can’t believe he just hung up on her just like. Then his last words echoed in her mind as she quickly glanced on her watch before get up and clean up her place. She put some documents on her bag before left her workplace, her office.

She quicken her pace towards the entrace as she don’t want to keep him waiting.

Seohyun smiled as she finally spot him. Eventhough she last met him, last Thursday, but his figure somehow sticked on her mind. She couldn’t helped but always remembering him.A day without him already make her all uncomfortable.God, even she don’t know whats wrong with herself.

For a far, she could spot that beautiful smile of his. He’s wearing a grey suit match with his maroon tie. He look rather handsome than before. His hair styled back,unlike before. He look clean and so handsome…

When she stand right before him, Seohyun put a strand of her hair behind her ear. “Hi” she simply greet.

Yonghwa couldn’t helped but smile even more looking at how adorable she is right now.”Hi to you too. So shall we?”

The lady nod her head as Yonghwa lead the way to his car.Seohyun keep her distance between them since she don’t want anyone around them mistaken with their “relationship”..–Wait a second. What kind of “relationship” does she mean? Are they even in some kind “relationship”? What the hell is she thinking? God, she’s over-thinking once again.

Being the gentleman he is, Yonghwa opened up the door for Seohyun.He then jog to his driver seat before start the engine. Seohyun was still blushing with Yonghwa open up the door for her. This is her first time receiving that kind of manner from a guy.

Just as the car hit the road, Seohyun suddenly fidget as she didn’t know where they’re heading to.

“Yonghwa-sun–, -sshi, where are we going?”

The latter chuckle hearing at her stuttered. He then glanced at her, seeing her all flushed. “Well, don’t you feel hungry?”

Seohyun still embarassed so she just hummed at his question.She turn to look at the outside through the window beside her.She cant help but admirer the scenery at the outside. Its dark already but, thanks to the light from the street light, make the road lighten up beautifully. She always fall for this kind of scene. But her eyelids getting more heavier until she couldn’t hold it anymore. So, she embraced the darkness and went to dreamland.

Yonghwa let out a relieve sigh as he unbuckled his belt. Without spare any glance at his side a few minutes ago, he finally turn to Seohyun.Only to welcome her soft breathing. Her sleeping figure somehow make him flinched, looking at how tired she is.

He then look back front. He heaved a heavy sigh before buckled back up. He start back the engine that he turn off awhile ago.

“Well, I guess we need to postponed this later on, Juhyun-ah” he muttered quitely.He moved out from the area and drive to his penthouse.He try to drive as fast as possible but still, try to be careful since Seohyun still sleeping. He don’t want to wake her up.

One more glance at Seohyun’s side, Yonghwa couldn’t help but to think. Is he doing the right decisions? Will he be happy just like his parents are?Will he loved her death fall them apart, just his parents?He shook his thought away as he try to focused on the road.Yonghwa has been thinking too much this lately. He is indeed a very happy man when he finally realized that he’s going to be married with his long-time crush, Seo Juhyun. But when he remembered back with her answered on wether she’s in  loved with him, his hope fall.

He knew it already the answer but, he just had this tiny miny thing that he called hope.Stupid, right?

Ten minutes later, they both finally arrived at his penthouse.He parked his car carefully before finally heaved a relief sigh. He turn to look at Seohyun.She still deep I her dreamland. He felt so guilty for waking her up, but he cant let her sleep here.He unknowingly chewed his lower lips before he start to think anyway possible to bring her to his penthouse without her being awake. But theres nothing that he could do since he knew Seohyun is a light-sleeper.

With a heavy heart, Yonghwa moved closer and shake her up a little bit. He could saw that Seohyun flinched a little bit.He chuckle before gently patted her arm, “Seohyun-ah?”

Seohyun open her eyes slowly.Her head throbbing hard and her heart skipping fast. She try to recognize her surrounding. Then her eyes met with his.Thats when she start to sit up straight, being more polite. Making him chuckle at her cuteness.

“Good morning?” he teased which make her blushed.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to slept in your car” she mutter before she broke their eye contact and look around.

“Where are we?” she ask.

Yonghwa move back a little as he flashed her a quick smile then he finally open his door. He jogged to her side as Seohyun unbuckled and grab her bag. Just before she open her door, Yonghwa already being man himself and open up her door. He stuck out his hand, offering to help her out from the car. She smile and took his hand gladly.

As she stand by his side, Yonghwa close the door before he locked his car. They both walk towards the elevator together. On the ride in elevator, no one speaks any words. Aside from the silence, they both enjoyed it though.Minutes later they both reached his floor and walk a little to his penthouse. Yonghwa key-in his passcode before theres a clicked sound.He let her in first.

A single light lit up once she step inside. She then put her shoe to aside before slipped into the warmy-comfy house slipper. Its fluffy yet warm.Just then, a hand stop her from moving forward. She turn and look at a smiling Yonghwa. She tilt her head before he signaled her for her coat.

“Ahh, mian” she then continue giving him her coat.He took out his coat in process before put his and hers coat on the rack nearby.

She then proceed scanning around the house. At first she thought that he just same as her, living in a rented apartment, but once she walk through hallway and finally reached to his living room, she was mistaken. It’s a freaking penthouse! A big-luxury penthouse with modern furniture around the house. Seohyun mentally rolling her eyes as she remember who’s  Jung Yonghwa is.

Same as his bedroom, his penthouse are also clean. At the center of the living room theres a stairs that maybe lead to bedrooms. His living room are so neat. His marble floor shining under the lightShe then facing the window side which is so large for her size. The creamy-brown curtain almost reached the ground. She walked to open up the curtain widely ut stopped when suddenly she’s heard a clicked sound and automat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter