six

SPY

Though Cheolyong did say he want to finish certain thing with Jinwoon, all of those needed to be put aside first. First mission and he already got himself a few heavy injuries. And it wasn't like he could get those treated by professional so he had to be satisfied with just Jinwoon sewing back the open flesh.

          "How did they know we're coming?" Cheolyong hissed when he felt Jinwoon digging the needle into his skin and the thread moving through his flesh.

          "He probably just paranoid." Jinwoon aswered, bandaging the last sewn wound and went to Cheolyong's back. His eyes narrowed down. "Your back is just as messed up." He ran a finger over the bruised skin. It wasn't cut open, only bruised but the bruise covered almost every inch of Cheolyong's back and based on the way Cheolyong flinched away from his light touch, it hurt like hell.

          "Damn it. I still have shows and mini concert tomorrow. Seungho hyung is so going to chew me out. I'm supposed to be at the saloon by now." Cheolyong grumbled, easing himself down on Jinwoon's bed to lie on his stomach. Jinwoon had brought him at 2am dorm once they made sure they got their target. "And practice later in the night. Why the hell that old man even send us to be idol?"

          "Wish I knew." Jinwoon pour some ointment over the bruised skin and felt Cheolyong's tensed muscle relaxed and loosened at the warmth the ointment provided before slowly running his palm over Cheolyong's back, not putting too much pressure. "But knowing him, this is just fun and games for him."

          Cheolyong hummed in agreement. "Where're your other members by the way?" Cheolyong asked, tilting his head a bit to see Jinwoon.

          Jinwoon shrugged. "They got photoshoot."

          "You're not involved?" Cheolyong asked, voice lowering down and his thick brows bunched up together. Jinwoon didn't understand the sudden change of Cheolyong's attitude so he just shook his head no as the answer to that question. "Are you… Possibly… Urm… An outcast in the group?" Cheolyong asked even with smaller voice than earlier and Jinwoon immediately understood.

          Cheolyong was afraid he was going to hurt Jinwoon with his sensitive question. Jinwoon couldn't help the adoring laugh. If only it was 15 years ago, then it would be his death first before he could evoke such concern look on Cheolyong's face. "No, don't worry. It's individual photoshoot. They said mine would be on tomorrow."

          Cheolyong rolled his eyes and laid his chin back over his crossed arms, staring at the wall. "I'm not worried." He denied.

          Stubborn… Jinwoon chuckled softly, covering Cheolyong's exposed upper body with blanket. "Keep warm, I think the bruises can heal fast but make sure not to move your sewn shoulder too much."

          "Yes boss." Cheolyong saluted playfully.

          Jinwoon smiled and went to keep back the box filled with treatment supply inside of the hidden space behind a picture frame of his group together with his uniform and weapon before flopping back on the bed right next to Cheolyong. "How about you then?"

          "What about me?" Cheolyong asked back, his eyes already closed and was ready to fall asleep.

          "You seem close with all the members of your group. I guess there is not much problem between you guys, huh?"

          Cheolyong's eyes fluttered open again and he stared long at the wall before releasing a deep sigh. "I don't really know actually. We're close, I guess."

          "What with that tone?" Jinwoon nudged slightly on Cheolyong's ribs. "I thought you guys are close with each other. Like best friend. Like… Brothers…"

          "Don't know…" Cheolyong sighed again. "Lend me your laps." He requested. Jinwoon scooted further on the bed and rest a pillow against the headboard and leaned his back on it before patting his laps invitingly. He patted Cheolyong's head once the latter lied down his head gingerly on Jinwoon's thigh. "It seems like just what you think and every other people who barely knows us think. They think that we're close. They are not wrong in a way. But… You know, there's always that wall I can't climb over between them and me."

          "Why is that?"

          "Don't you feel the same way as me when it comes to your group members?"

          "Not really. I'm happy with them. They treat me nicely and we fought a fair amount of times but that just draw us closer."

          "Good for you." But was that really good though, considering who we really are. Cheolyong looked up at Jinwoon but he didn't speak out the rest.

          "….Come on Cheolyong. What's in your mind?"

          Cheolyong was silence for a good while and Jinwoon patiently waited as he saw millions thought swam inside Cheolyong's brown orbs, letting his partner to arrange his thought.

          "I want to think that I'm close to them but at the same time, I can't do that." Cheolyong finally let it out. "Hey Jinwoon… Do I change a lot?" Cheolyong asked, peering up at Jinwoon who gave him a soft smile.

          "Yep. Like a totally different person. The old you won't be this clingy you know." Jinwoon teased, pinching on Cheoyong's button nose.

          "A different person…" Cheolyong mused. "Have you ever wish you are a different person?"

          There was glint of sadness in Jinwoon's eyes. "Every single day." He whispered. "If I get a chance to be born again, I wish I will be born as a normal guy, living a normal life with a normal family."

          "Sounds like a really big dream." Cheolyong mumbled.

          "It did… But it isn't that bad to have such dream." Jinwoon inhaled a deep breath. "This life has offer me nothing. I just want a new life already. But…" He looked down on Cheolyong, biting his lips as he couldn't bring himself to speak his mind. But in this life, I still have you.

          Cheolyong closed his eyes unaware to the dilemma Jinwoon was going through. "I don't want to be reborn." Cheolyong blurted out. "Because then, world would be better off without someone like me."

 

###################

 

Cheolyong winced at the loud angry voice of MBLAQ leader echoing through his phone that he had put some distance between the phone and his abused ear. Only when the yelling had finally ceased down that he brought back the phone closer to his ear.

          "Yea… Sorry, hyung. I'm already here- What? Cancel? Why?" Cheolyong squeaked and listened carefully to his oldest hyung and a his face scrunched into a few expressions as he listened. "I'll be there in a minute." He said and cut off the call. His face tensed. He didn't get much information from Seungho but it sound like a bad news. For their show to be cancelled just like that, though he was kind of grateful for that since he could at least let his injured back get some rest, something serious must have happened.

          Cheolyong was walking through the hallway, looking for resting room reserved for MBLAQ when he saw a group of idols walking down the same hallway from the opposite direction. Cheolyong knew them. He knew them well. They were from Shinee he remembered. He was friend with Key and Minho since Jinwoon introduced them a few months ago and… If he wasn't mistaken, the leader of Shinee, Onew was a good friend with Changsun and maybe Jonghyun?

          "Hey, Cheolyongie!" Key waved cheerfully at Cheolyong. "Got recording here?" He asked.

          "Yea, but it was cancelled."

          "Then won't you head home? You can ride with us." Minho offered with kind smile.

          Cheolyong shook his head. "It's okay. My other members are still here. I'll just go and join them." He informed, not letting out the problem which he himself still hadn't figure out.

          "Oh, okay then. Hey, Cheolyong. I got the latest installment of One Piece." Key wriggled his eyebrows with cheeky smile.

          Cheolyong gasped dramatically. "Oh my greatest Lord Kibum!" Cheolyong went and held both Key's hands, looking up with puppy eyes at his friends. "Will you lend me that?" He asked with the cutest smile he could pull off.

          "Pay me the rent first." Key demanded.

          Cheolyong threw Key's hands away. "Cheapskate." He jutted his bottom lips out sulkily.

          "If you want, I can sneak the manga out for you." Minho said, smirking evilly at Key whom jaw dropped at Minho's guts.

          "How dare you." Key pushed onto Minho's side, and proceeded to kick his friend when Minho simply laughed him off.

          "We should go now." Onew called out to the playful duo and gestured to both Jonghyun and Taemin whom nodded and went to pull Key and Minho apart from each other.

          "Hey!" Key struggled against Jonghyun who dragged him down the hallway. He turned to look at Cheolyong and waved while kept being pulled away. "Cheolyong! See you next time!"

          "Yea yea… Go away." Cheolyong made a shoo-ing gesture but kindly waved goodbye to Minho, smiling at how adorable Taemin was trying to drag Minho the same way Jonghyun dragged Key only to get himself pushed around by Minho.

          But when Cheolyong felt Onew walked past him, Cheolyong spoke with deep dangerous voice, "Your wrist must have healed nicely by now, right?" Cheolyong's cold gaze didn't miss the way Onew froze up at his words. "Fancy meeting you here. Now, I can return back what's yours." Cheolyong walked around the leader of shinee until he stood facing Onew and held out the blood stained leather bracelet.

          Onew's eyes flickered towards the bracelet held out to him but made no move to take it as he looked back up to meet Cheolyong's cold gaze. "I don't know what you're talking about. Why are you giving this to me?"

          Cheolyong's eyes shifted down to Onew's left wrist which was covered with a sporty blue cotton wristband and smirked. "I'm only returning what's yours." He repeated.

          "That's not mine." Onew said and tried to walk past Cheolyong only to hissed when his wounded wrist was grabbed into a firm grip, intentionally in a way to hurt him and he felt how his healing wound was opened and bleeding yet again. The bracelet was pressed into his palm before his wrist was let go.

          "Now, let me give you a reminder to return the favor." Cheolyong said quietly without shifting from their position. He side glanced at Onew who was doing the same to him. "Decide carefully who you are truly working for." He spoke monotonously.

          Before he could leave Onew behind without turning back to see the look on the other's face, however, he had heard Onew saying, "You're the one who should decided on that matter. With whom does your loyalty lies on." Cheolyong narrowed his eyes slightly and continued walking away. He simply was not interested in whatever Onew was spouting out.

          Finally finding the room MBLAQ was resting in, Cheolyong pushed open the door without knocking and his brows rose high seeing Changsun in Seungho's arms on the couch, his face hidden into Seungho's shoulder while the leader tried to sooth the dancer who looked so shaken up for some reason.

          Cheolyong stood still by the door, closing it behind him and observed how Seungho called for Sanghyun who was sitting quietly on the other couch and let Sanghyun replaced him in soothing distressed Changsun while he went over to Byunghee and Byungki who was sitting by the make-up table, discussing in hushed voices.

          Cheolyong's eyelids drooped slowly and he let out a sigh. He didn't need anyone to tell him anything for him to know what could have happened. He opened back his eyes and saw Sanghyun staring at him knowingly and he almost cursed for always being caught by the visual maknae when he least expected. Sanghyun pursed out his lips as if pointing to something and Cheolyong looked towards the direction, seeing a box abandoned just next to the door, close to his foot.

          Curious, Cheolyong crouched down and opened the box and foul smell attack his nostril and he saw a few letters and pictures inside the box and all were stained with blood. Cheolyong scrunched up his nose, and dig around inside the box only to pull out a few pictures and he stared at it with rose brow. They were pictures of Changsun. A few of them were pictures where the other fans could get from internet and Changsun's eyes were scratched violently that it left two holes marking where the eyes should have been. That was still fine to Cheolyong but the others… The others were pictures of Changsun taken from an angle when Changsun was in the dorm, bathroom, Jtune, even in his family house showing whoever it was taking this picture could easily get to Changsun. This angle…

          Cheolyong dropped the other pictures and concentrate on one picture of Changsun lounging on the couch in the MBLAQ dorm, not minding how the almost dry blood staining his fingertips. He tried to remember the structure of their dorm and nodded as he dumped back the picture into the box.

          Taking out a tissue, he wiped away the blood from his fingers and dumped it inside the box as well not caring how he was messing up with evidence since he knew perfectly well, none of them wanted police to be involved before making his way to Sanghyun and Changsun cuddling on the couch. "Joonie hyung…" Cheolyong called Changsun's stage name softly and gently put his hand over Changsun's shoulder, he remained still when he felt the older jolted away from him. He sighed. "Do you want some water?"

          "No, thank you." Changsun croaked out, hardly heard.

          Sanghyun shook his head at Cheolyong which Cheolyong reply with another sigh as he let himself plopped down next to Changsun, watching the oldest two of the MBLAQ and their manager engaged in a hush discussion. He would have went over there to listen but he had a strong feeling that the 87-line would shoo him away on excuse that he was still a kid to listen in.

          "Everything will be fine." Cheolyong assured, he leaned back and stared up at the ceiling. "You'll be fine." He repeated and let his head turned slightly to see Changsun pulling away from Sanghyun and looking at his way in confusion. "Trust me." He smiled softly and let his gaze drifted back to the ceiling.

          They didn't know who they're dealing with…

 

###################

 

Fixing the skeletal mask over his face, Cheolyong picked on the lock of the front door, happy that the door wasn't locked with card system, instead was still using the old manual system though he could manage either way, he just prefer manual lock more.

          Once Cheolyong caught the soft click sound signing the door was finally unlocked, a smirk fall upon Cheolyong's mask covered face. He turned the doorknob quietly and crept his way into the two rooms apartment. It was dark and silence. No sign of human other than Cheolyong that present inside the house.

          Squinting his eyes, Cheolyong flicked on the light. He tongue clicked in annoyance. It was obvious whoever used to reside in this apartment had not long ago abandoned the place. He went into both bedroom to confirm his suspicion and he was right. The cupboard was empty from clothes and several basic equips in this house were gone. The couch and other left behind furniture covered with plain white clothe.

          But something caught Cheolyong's sharp eyes and the young lad made his way towards the window located across the door to one of the master bedroom. Cheolyong gazed out of the window and he could see the building of MBLAQ apartment across the small alley separating this building from the building where MBLAQ lived in. Cheolyong's eyes drifted down to the window about two levels lower than where he was in right now. That was MBLAQ's dorm. And if only Cheolyong got a binoculars with him, he believed he could have easily peeked through the window and see the other MBLAQ members inside the dorm through the glass window.

          This angle was exactly the same angle of Changsun's picture stained with blood that he had looked at before. But he was a step late than the crazy stalker. Cheolyong ran his index finger on the windowsill. Unlike the other windows in this house, there was less dust on this window. Whoever it was, he or she hadn't left for long. And he or she had definitely kept Changsun on watch from here.

          Cheolyong groaned, thinking there were few times where he stood by the window shirtless after a shower and to know that whoever it was had been watching from this position... UrghWhat a creep…

          Backing away from the window, Cheolyong stopped when he accidentally kicked something on the floor and sound of bell chiming softly in the air. He bent down and retrieved the object. It was a round golden bell that was about the size of a marble. Cheolyong shook the object and appreciated the sound. It sounded unique. Different from other bells if he heard carefully. Sound that bother him. Something was just on the tip of his tongue but he just couldn't figure it out.

          His wristwatch vibrated and Cheolyong read the mini mail of new order coming for him. He texted Jinwoon the place for the other to pick him up and glanced around the house for one last time in case that he might miss something.

          Taking the golden bell with him, Cheolyong set out of the house. This time, he let the sassaeng fan escaped but he believed he would eventually traced whoever they were and made them pay.