thirteen

SPY

http://www.koreaboo.com/news/mblaqs-company-j-tune-camp-has-reportedly-closed-down/

seriously JTC? after all the scandals (seungho got assaulted, sudden change in seungho's police report and seungho hinting that if he didn't change the report then mblaq showcase will be cancelled, mblaq precious trophies went to flea market, sudden enlistment of mir and GO, no second album or even fanmeeting before enlistment) without relevant. ultimately questionable issues which always unanswered and will never be

not to mention GO's statement, they want us to believe this BS???? http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/19752436.html?utm_source=twsharing&utm_medium=social

and what? debut new singer? ruining mblaq alone is not enough? what happened to twoX? seriously these people

sorry, I'm just so freaking confused and pissed off

*sigh* i have been trying to be optimist about JTC hell lots of time even with poor management and promotion and I actually trusted JTC

personally, now I just want MBLAQ to just leave and start new. poor BLAQies... joon and thunder made the right decision after all

Changsun was staring up at the ceiling, his insomnia was coming back to haunt him. The sun had rosen yet his tired eyes didn't even sleep for a wink even after the thing that took place the whole night. All those events that had happened to him flashed on the back of his mind like a frozen picture and he wished more than anything to erase them all.

          He saw a person almost got killed in front of him. Though Minki survived the gunshot, the fact that he had witnessed such event took place, the sound of the gunshot, the blood and the painful whimper haunted him.

          Changsun felt the movement beside him and felt Sanghyun turning around, abandoning the Hello Kitty plushy from fans and went to drape his long arm across Changsun abdomen, making the older smile. Sanghyun was a good dongsaeng. He had chosen to stay beside Changsun for the rest of the morning until now. Buzzing around the dancer to make sure the dancer was fine and jumped up at any request from the dancer to make the dancer feel even a tiny bit better.

          "Can't sleep?" Changsun turned slightly to the door where Seungho was standing at, shoulder leaning against the doorframe.

          "Yea." Changsun mumbled out his reply, carefully moving Sanghyun's arm from him and sat up, throwing his legs of the bed, feeling how heavy his body was.

          "You should try." Seungho adviced.

          "I've tried. Just can't." Changsun sighed. He looked up at Seungho, only noticing the leader was all dressed up. "Are you going out?"

          Seungho nodded, pushing himself off the doorframe. "I'm going to the hospital to see how Cheolyong is doing."

          "Oh… I'll come with you." Changsun stood up and waltzed towards his closet.

          "You should rest." Seungho replied.

          "It's no use. Besides, I can pick up some sleeping pills while we're there." Changsun slipped into his large jacket. "Let's go." He beckoned after tucking Sanghyun under a blanket carefully.

          Seungho shrugged and gave one last glance at the still sleeping Sanghyun before he closed the door quietly. Their journey to the hospital was quiet and the air around them was heavy. Changsun was still disturbed by the event while Seungho was disturbed with that mysterious figure whom now he had seen the connection with the North.

          Seungho had done some more research when there were a few case of missing congressmen and though there was always the notes that those congressmen left behind saying they want to quit from the congress, it just came off weird to Seungho. After doing further research, he found out one of the missing congressmen had a hidden camera installed inside his room where he was last seen. And guessed what he got from the video? The same mysterious figure with the skull-shaped mask to cover his identity.

          That was not a coincidence.

          Maybe that mysterious boy was the agent from North. What were they doing with those congressman? Kill them then replaced them with more agents from North? If that was true then South basically had already being owned by North. Before South could even realized it, maybe they were already at the mercy of North…

          Even until they reached Cheolyong's room, both Seungho and Changsun still had their head filled with thought. That was until they stepped inside the room, surprised to find not only Cheolyong but also Byunghee who was half-lying on the bed, sleeping, Cheolyong secured inside the older boy's arms, seeming to be sleeping as well.

          When they got closer, Seungho noticed Cheolyong's reddened nose and cheeks and the remaining tears still escaping Cheolyong's closed eyes in his sleep. Seungho reached out and wiped the tears away, feeling weight pressing his shoulder. "He's crying again." He whispered not wanting to wake any of the two boys up when Cheolyong stirred in his sleep and cuddled closer to Byunghee who in turn pulling Cheolyong even closer if it was possible, both sleeping boys had almost similar frown on their face as if the weight of the world was on their shoulders. "Maybe I should really contact his family." Seungho decided and went out of the room to make a call.

          Seungho dialed the number he had in his contact a few times, gaining only a voice mail on the other end. He tried both Cheolyong's parents, Cheolyong's older sister but nothing. It made him worried. So, he decided to find out. It just he didn't know how he wouldn't like where this would lead him to.

          All the while in the ward room, Changsun however was stunned at his spot, unable to take his eyes off the maknae as soon as he was standing right next to the bed. His heart gunning as his eyes turned wide and his hands shaking. That necklace. That bell! His eyes then snapped back to Cheolyong's face from the bell pendant with black rope wrapped around Cheolyong's neck and with trembling hands, he put his hand above Cheolyong's face, enough to cover the maknae's face, leaving only his closed eyes to be seen. A sharp gasp and image of the mysterious figure behind the skull shaped mask now overlapped with the maknae. "It's him." He breathed out shakily. It's him!

 

###########

 

Cheolyong opened his eyes slightly. The other members were having schedule today and they promised to visit him in the evening and that left Cheolyong with his deep thought and chance to talk with Jinwoon.

          "What did you find out?" Cheolyong asked once Jinwoon stepped inside the room, this time, as his friend, coming normally through the door instead of popping up from the window of this 7th floor.

          Jinwoon shook his head slightly and stepped aside, revealing Key and Minho who was bringing a basket of fruit with large smile pasted on their face.

          "Hah! I told you he's fine!" Minho exclaimed, punching lightly on Key's arm.

          "What? I have the right to be worried." Key complained, and went to Cheolyong to give a hug. "How are you feeling?" He asked, ruffling Cheolyong's hair, messing the already messy tresses even more.

          "Never better." Cheolyong fixed his expression, creeping back into the shell of his character. "I thought you guys would never come." Cheolyong teased.

          "Hey! We tried a few times to sneak out but Onew hyung is too strict at times." Key muttered, letting his weight fall unto the chair by the bedside. "He keep ordering us to do this and that. I barely have time to sleep!"

          "Yea? He's not coming to see me?" Cheolyong asked with raised brow.

          "He'll be coming to pick Minho and me up for another radio broadcast in a-" Before Key could finish, the door opened and came in Onew with his characteristic smile. "Speak of the devil." Key snickered.

          "Come on." Onew beckoned from the door. "Manager is waiting outside."

          "Yea… Yea…" Minho half hugged his sick friend and say his goodbye before Key went trotting behind him towards the door.

          "You guys go first. I should say my greeting to Mir as well." Onew said, ushering the two Shinee members out before closing the door behind him. The look in his eyes turned 180 degree once he was sure there were only him, Cheolyong and Jinwoon inside this room. "You should stop while you can." He said with cold steely voice, it seemed that the words were directed more towards Jinwoon.

          Cheolyong stood up from his bed, almost lunging towards the boy when Jinwoon held him back. "Who are you?" He hissed.

          Onew looked back and forth from Cheolyong to Jinwoon and back to Cheolyong. "Someone you don't have to know."

          "You're not Ruby. And you're not under Jiman. Then what the hell do you want from us, or rather, from South or is it from North? What do you want?" Jinwoon asked, more calmly compared to Cheolyong, indirectly informing Cheolyong that he knew more than Cheolyong thought or probably even more than Cheolyong could have known.

          "I want nothing from South." Onew replied simply, one hand over the doorknob. "Maybe I want the same thing as you, Jinwoon." He turned his eyes back on Cheolyong. "Which could be a different thing for you, Cheolyong. It is I who need to ask such question to you, Cheolyong. What could be the thing that you want?" A smirk adorned his face but the door was opened and there was nothing Jinwoon or Cheolyong could do other than watched the boy left.

          Once Onew left, Cheolyong yanked away Jinwoon's hand from him as he shot the taller boy with his suspicious eyes, which he had been doing a lot these days. "What do you know?" He asked in deep voice, eyes narrowing even more.

          Jinwoon exhaled a long breath, taking a few steps back before flopping down weakly onto Cheolyong's bed. "I assumed, you already knew that we're not under North." Cheolyong remained quiet, still uncomfortable admitting that all these while he was working against his own motherland. That all these time, he had been the betrayer of his own country while believing he was fighting as a patrion. Jiman made him into one. A traitor. "And Ruby is the real organization under North. We're Jiman's little chess pieces. I can't believe it at first but…" He rose up, standing a few inches before Cheolyong. "I can't say that I never thought of betraying North from the start. Even without Jiman putting me at my place now."

          "Did you work with South?" Cheolyong asked simply, stepping away from Jinwoon.

          Jinwoon shook his head 'no'. "No, I'm not. You can take my words. But I'm glad Jiman made me into this. I'm glad I was never North soldier."

          "Well I'm not!"

          Jinwoon groaned, loosing his cool as he backed Cheolyong onto the wall, hands gripping his partner's shoulder. "Are you still saying North is your home? Wake up, Cheolyong! Open your eyes! Our family is killed by Ruby! It means that they had been killed by North!"

          "I know." Cheolyong replied. It seemed they had changed place as Cheolyong looked calmer now. "North had done nothing for me. But so do Jiman. North and Jiman now both are my enemies. The moment I know I'm not a North soldier, I have decided I will not be anyone's soldier. I am my own man."

          "Cheolyong…"

          "I said it, didn't I?" Cheolyong shook Jinwoon's loosened grip off of him. "I said it." He repeated, now with lower voice, almost have no power in it and went back to his bed.

          "You'll be fighting a losing war." Jinwoon reminded how impossible it was to stand against both North and now even Jiman.

          "I will still fight. Until the end."

          Jinwoon took a seat next to Cheolyong before he wrapped an arm around Cheolyong. "It's us against them, then." It was a promise.

 

###########

 

"I need help." Seungho paced in front of Hongman, still questioning himself whether it was a right decision to ask for Hongman's help. On one side was a boy he treasured like his own family. On the other side was his country he had sworn his loyalty with his life. When he accepted the job as an undercover, he never expected it to be this hard.

          "Calm down, child. Sit." Hongman gestured to the chair across the table but Seungho was still restless even while sitting and the young detective wouldn't even raised his eyes to meet Hongman's which was very rare of Seungho. "Tell me from the start so I can understand." He requested tenderly but the strictness in his tone was always there.

          Seungho sighed. "It's… I don't know how to start this." Seungho sighed again, defeated look flashed across his features. "When you know Jiman betrayed you and South, was it this bad?" Seungho asked, finally letting their eyes met.

          Hongman remained silent for a few minutes before he leaned back on his seat, his gray eyebrows slightly met in the middle as he analyzed the young man sitting in front of him. He recognized that look in Seungho's sharp eyes. He knew it too well. "Is it one of them?" He asked, voice quieter.

          Seungho flinched and his features scrunched into a grimace before he did a micronod. A gesture that could have been easily missed.

          "Who?" Hongman continued. When Seungho kept his mouth shut, he kept on pestering, "Who is it, Seungho? Which one of them? Which one of MBLAQ is working under Jiman?"

          "I… I don't know for sure… I need help."

          "I can't help you if you won't help me." Hongman narrowed his eyes.

          Seungho drifted his eyes to the wall, feeling like he might have made a wrong decision. He didn't want to admit that his brother, his cute innocent little maknae might be a spy. An agent sent to destroy South into pieces. A trained assassin. He never would have believed it but after his failure to contact Cheolyong's family, he had went down to Jansung. And how… How did the whole family disappeared without any trace?

          At first, a few neighbours around Cheolyong's house in hometown had given Seungho that same stories of them going for family vacation far in the other country and Seungho almost believed it when one of Cheolyong's close childhood friend approached him with genuine concern over disappearance of Cheolyong's family and told another story and the next day Seungho tried to contact the boy, the boy was pronounced dead in an unfortunate road accident. His car went down into the river.

          Going to the site of accident, Seungho secretly used his position as a detective to gain access to the police report for the accident and even went to the morgue to witness the autopsy done on the young man and that was when he found the death of that young man was questionable. It was not an accident…

          Starting then, Seungho had started to looked deeper into Cheolyong's history and what made him shaken was the fact that none of those living around Cheolyong's family in Jansung had a tally story on Cheolyong before Cheolyong was ten. It was as if Cheolyong was not living in Jansung before he was ten years old, wasn't even exist. As if Cheolyong suddenly popped out of nowhere.

          "Seungho." Hongman called, bringing the young detective out of his lane of thought. "Will you tell me which of those four boys is the North agent?"

          Seungho frowned in disapproval. "I didn't say he is a North agent."

          "But you suspect him to be one, didn't you? That's why you want my help. You want to confirm your suspicion."

          Seungho bit his lips before mumbling, "I could be wrong." He didn't want to admit it. His maknae was a North agent? That all this time, his maknae was a fake, and nothing but lies that came out from Cheolyong? No… He didn't want to admit it. It couldn't be all lies.

          "But you could also be right. Listen. I'm not here to punish him for being a spy. Remember what I told you? We're here to try to save them."

          "You mean try to bring him to our side and let him betray his country and risk his life by doing that." Seungho sneered.

          Hongman sighed. He shouldn't be surprised. Seungho was very  much like him. When he found out Jiman was a spy, Hongman was in a long denial phase until Jiman caused the whole force of the South army got killed and the South president was almost being bombed alive. He blamed himself for letting it went that far. For his own personal feeling over his friendship, he almost sacrifice the whole country. But he also remembered the last look he shared with Jiman before that North agent escaped into the abyss. He saw immense pain in those orbs even with one of his eyes was injured heavily.

          Jiman had a chance to finish Hongman's life but Jiman stopped. He hesitated and that gave Hongman chance to retaliate and he had hurt Jiman's eyes in the process. And when he saw Jiman ran into a black van filled with North agent, he felt the doubt coming from Jiman. And he knew then that this wasn't what Jiman want. Jiman didn't want to leave. But… He couldn't stop Jiman in that situation. He lost his bestfriend.

          After that, he indulged himself in work. He research all that he could find out regarding North agents. He learnt on how agents of North lived. He learnt about the suffering that those people had to face and he blamed himself more that he let Jiman go back to such country. He blamed himself for not stopping Jiman from leaving and he swore if he found anyone that was like Jiman, he'd try his best to protect them. That was why he entrusted Seungho with this job. If others were going to take over this mission, they would just killed the North agent right on the site.

          "I remember. But…"

          Hongman looked at Seungho symphatetically. He had gone through this once. He knew the war inside the young man's mind against the voice of his heart. "I know Seungho. Now tell me, who is it?"

          "He's…" Seungho hesitated, swallowing hard. He didn't want to sell out Cheolyong's name. He didn't want what he suspected to be the truth. He didn't want to lose his maknae.

          Just when Seungho opened his mouth to continue, he was cut off by a knock on the door and enter two tall men wearing identical black leather jacket. One with trimmed beard, looking masculine and one with dark skin and a pair of really sharp eyes Seungho had ever seen.

          "Seungho. I introduce you, this is Seunghyun." Hongman pointed to the first man with the trimmed beard who nodded at Seungho, no trace of smile on his serious face. "And this is Wonbin. I have assigned them to follow you a few weeks ago." Hongman revealed, smiling apologetically at the look Seungho gave him. "It's not that I don't trust you. Even my best officer need a rest so their job is to protect you and compensate your blind spot." Hongman glanced at the two men. "And…"

          "And it seemed that there's other party have been following MBLAQ." Seunghyun spoke. "Wonbin and I have been trying to track them down. At first we thought they are related to the stalker who was after one of your group members but they aren't. That silver car that had been following your friends, it seemed that they are not targetting only one of your group members." He explained and paused for a moment before he revealed, "They are after something inside your group. Someone."

          "Who?" Seungho asked, confused.

          Seunghyun shrugged and Wonbin continued with the explanation. "From what we deduced, they don't know which one is their target, themselves. They are still looking for something or someone. And…" Wonbin glanced at Hongman before focusing on Seungho again. "I believe it might be the same person as the one in your mind right now. There's also a possibility that they are following you."

          Seungho gritted his teeth. So that silver car that had caused the MBLAQ van to crash wasn't related to Minyoung and Minki. Were they really going after Cheolyong? Was there any relation between the silver car and the mysterious boy with skull-shaped skull who have saved Changsun? Wait… Seungho felt like he was missing a piece here. Something big that he might have overlooked. What was that?

          "Don't worry. We're still tracking down those people in the silver car." Wonbin assured.

          "I don't need partners." Seungho sighed and ignored the way Seunghyun and Wonbin exchanged an unsatisfied look.

          "You do. We're not working against one or two men. We're working against maybe hundreds of them. We're working against North. I need help and so do you." Hongman reasoned.

          "I can't trust them."

          "But you can trust me and I trust them, just as much as I trust you."

          "Seungho-shi." Seunghyun stepped closer and put his hand over Seungho's shoulder. "You need our help. You can't solve this alone. We're against the whole country here."

          Hongman nodded to Seunghyun's words. "You need them."

          Seungho was still doubtful when this time it was Wonbin who stepped to his side, holding out his hand for a handshake. "We want to help."

          "We, too, want the best for our country and we want to achieve what Sir Hongman want as well. We want to help those people whom North has oppressed."

          Seungho turned and eyed the two men standing on the side, slowly taking Wonbin's hand into his. "If you do…" Seungho resigned, knowing he did need help.