fifteen

SPY

Cheolyong backed off from the group when he realized someone was tailing after them. It was hardly noticeable but once their car entered the quieter road, Cheolyong had this bad feeling inside his chest, so he sneakily headed towards the car that had been following them.

          Cheolyong hid behind one of the trees on the side road, his eyes narrowed down visibly at the presence of the silver car. The windows of the car were heavily tinted and with the dark environment of the night added with his distance from the car, it was impossible to see the inside of that car.

          That annoyed Cheolyong a bit as he moved across from the tree he was hiding behind to the closer tree so he could take a good look of that car. His brow raised high as he recognized the silver car and the plate number. It was the same car that he saw when he first noticed he was being followed. And it was the same car with the one that had caused Byunghee, Changsun, Sanghyun and Byungki involved in an accident if he wasn't mistaken from the story he got from his hyungs.

          It wasn't Minki's or Minyoung's? Then who? Why was it still following MBLAQ or was it following him?

          As Cheolyong was contemplating on what to do, he didn't want to risk himself when he didn't know how many people in that car and what kind of weapon they might have to use against him but he also didn't like being tailed like that. And above all, his identity. It would not do him good if he got exposed.

          Creeping closer to the ground and kept himself low, Cheolyong glad he chose to wear dark attire tonight as he pulled the hoodie to cover his head and pulled out a shuriken he hid inside of the sneakers he wore. Holding the small sharp weapon in between his index and middle finger, Cheolyong fond the most comfortable position he could, crouching inside the bushes and aimed with his eyes.

           Without much due, he threw the shuriken and the sound of it cutting the wind made Cheolyong smirked and his smirk widened as the shuriken hit one of the back tires of the car. Cheolyong wrapped the almost invisble string tying the shuriken to him and meneuvered it so the blade cut even bigger hole on the tire before he yanked the shuriken back to him, catching it effortlessly.

          One tire is good enough, he thought as he left as quietly as before he came here. He was about few meters more reaching the abandoned building of what supposed to be Seungho's favorite noodle shop when he heard ruckus coming from the building. He was about to rush to the place he left his four hyungs but then he remembered they were just loud in nature. There weren't necessarily any trouble for them to make such noises. So, he slowed his pace back down when a hand grabbed him by neck out of nowhere, pulling him into the bushes and deeper.

          As he was trained, Cheolyong was fast to react as he raised his arms up and jammed his elbow down as hard as he could but it was blocked by a palm. It was enough however, as he felt the arm around his neck loosened and that was when he pulled away, sliding out easily and without stopping the momentum, he kicked the side of the figure, attacking relentlessly with his continuous sidekicks and amazingly, his every attack was nulled away quite easily which enraged Cheolyong even more. So, he increased his speed and momentum, clipping the dark figure on the stomach and shoulder before Cheolyong turned and tripped the figure's feet, watching as the body fall heavily on the ground before standing over the figure and rammed his left foot onto the figure's chest, pinning him down mercilessly.

          Swiping his hand behind, he took out his shuriken and pointed it towards the man beneath him, smiling evilly at his easy win. "Who send you?" Cheolyong asked, eyes sparkling with murderous intent.

          "Y-you're the Ruby, aren't you?" The man, with a trimmed beard, coughed out blood, shivering slightly at the pain and whimpered when Cheolyong intentionally pressed half of his weight onto his foot which was positioned on the man's chest. "So, he was right. You're one of them." The man coughed again, his hand went sneakily to the gun on his waist.

          It was futile. That man really thought Cheolyong wouldn't notice his move? Leaning his whole weight onto the foot which was on the man's chest, forcing the breath out of the guy's lungs, Cheolyong kicked the gun out of the man's hand even before the man could bring the gun up completely and the gun flew up in the air perpendicularly following the angle of Cheolyong's kick and straight into Cheolyong's hand before the MBLAQ maknae used it himself.

          "Tsk tsk tsk. Wrong move." He unclicked the safety and cocked the gun towards the man on the ground, grinding his heel more into the chest, smirking in satisfaction at the painful groan escaping the man's lips. "Who send you? You have exactly five seconds to tell me." And Cheolyong started to count down, fingers tightening around the gun. "Five… Four… Three… Two… One… Your time is up."

          Sound of bullet met the metal part of the gun resounded.

          Cheolyong hissed, stepping away from the man underneath him and took cover behind a tree. He gathered his bleeding hand closer to his chest, the gun was long recoiled out of his hand and his eyes wildly searching for the one who had shot a bullet at him. Not too far, he saw a tall guy running towards the guy he had been sparring with and helped him up, gun equipped with silencer still in his hand as he pointed in a direction where Cheolyong had flee to.

          "You shouldn't have done that!" The tall man hissed to his partner on the ground and pulled his injured partner aside, cursing as he was sure he would hear this from Seungho later. They literally just attacked Seungho's maknae. This was all Seunghyun's fault for being impatient!

          Watching as the two attackers left, Cheolyong did nothing to stop them. Until he was sure both of them were gone, only then did the MBLAQ maknae stepped out of his cover. His eyes narrowed and instead of heading back to his noisy little group of MBLAQ, he headed back down to the path that would lead him to the silver car, suspecting the two men were the one who had followed him by that silver car but he was wrong. There at the car, he saw Onew, identity covered by his usual blood red muffler standing by the car door. Their eyes met and Onew fled the place.

          Cheolyong tried to run after Onew when his legs froze once he was about to breeze pass by the car. Usually the inside of the car was covered by heavily tinted windows but now, the window at the passenger side was opened.

          And… There were two dead bodies inside with bullet wound right in the middle of their brows. Cheolyong took out the drive he got from his brother in law and shoved it into his phone, screening along the list of the North agent. "Minwoo and Jeongmin." He whispered the name once he found the exact images of the now two dead boys displayed on his phones screen. His eyes went back to where Onew had ran to. Was this all Onew's doing? Why? What exactly did Onew want and which side exactly that other boy stood in all these mess?

          Turning back to the crime scene inside the car, he noticed the window was opened and not broken. there was no sign of fight that occurred around this crime site which mean those inside the silver car had opened their window willingly for Onew. Onew knew them. But there was no way Onew being part of Ruby. And even if he was, why would he killed his own comrades? Who the hell is Onew, for real?

          Sighing, he knew he won't get the answer easily. So, instead of leaving all of this proof, he decided to cover any trace of crime happened here like him and any others living in North had been trained for. However, there was one thing he want to make sure of first.

          Opening the door but not before putting on his leather gloves, Cheolyong took out his shuriken and inhaled deeply. There was rumor on how North Military had kept their army under their observation and control and how there was no army that could easily get away from North.

          There was a chip planted inside their body. A chip that reveal their position and a chip that would function as long as the heart of the owner still beating. And he wanted to know if it was true. And maybe, he could use that to hack a system and finally able to trace every single Ruby there is in South.

          And eradicate those pests.

          He, himself didn't have any strange things buried inside him as he had done scan all over his body for any transmitting device. Not surprising now that he knew he was never part of North Military but these dead bodies are. They are part of Ruby. So, now, he could confirm his suspicion.

          Pushing until the chair, he lowered the deceased into lying position, Cheolyong pushed the sharp shuriken inside the dead body's chest, watching as the blood oozed out from the opening he made and his own personal autopsy on Ruby begin.

 

#################

 

"Hyungs! I found him!" Sanghyun shouted, almost in horror as he jumped down the small cliff by the trails inside the bushes. Their maknae was lying there, looking like he had fainted.

          The MBLAQ members had been making fuss about their missing maknae and had decided to search around the area and Sanghyun, though afraid, he decided to go further inside the bushes and the darkness when he heard rustling sound came from a direction and he was glad to find Cheolyong first but he was definitely not happy to find what kind of state the maknae was in.

          Crouching next to Cheolyong, he used his long sleeves to wipe away the dirt from Cheolyong's face and removes a few dried leaves that had stuck on Cheolyong's long brown hair before patting Cheolyong's cheek tenderly. "Cheolyong… Wake up makdungie. Hey… Cheolyong…" He called, just as softly as his touch on the maknae.

          Cheolyong stirred and his large brown eyes finally opened, peering up at Sanghyun. "Hyung~" He whined cutely, his eyes glassy and his lips quivering, stretching one good hand for a hug.

          Sanghyun complied and sat the maknae up, rounding his arms around the maknae's trembling figure, taking notice of Cheolyong's bleeding hand. "Oh… Maknae. What happened to you?" He rubbed onto Cheolyong's back comfortingly.

          "I was just looking around and… And… I fall down here. My hand hurts…" He whimpered, clutching onto Sanghyun's shirt tightly, looking so small and scared.

          "You cut your hand." Sanghyun informed, taking Cheolyong's injured hand as he scanned over the injury.

          "It must be from the fall. Oww… It hurts."

          "Shh… It's okay. Let's get you up there first." Sanghyun hushed the trembling boy in his embrace and maneuvered the maknae, helping him to stand. "Can you walk?" When he received nods from Cheolyong, he guided the boy back to the trails, out of the cliff. One hand holding the maknae's waist while another supporting the maknae's bleeding hand.

          "Hey! Here you are!" Byunghee came running, skidding to a halt by the maknae-line side, his hawk-like eyes immediately widened at the wound on Cheolyong's hand. "You're bleeding!" He stated the obvious, taking out a handkerchief from his pocket and tied it around Cheolyong's hand. "Are you hurt anywhere else?" He asked in concern, pulling the maknae away from Sanghyun and checking all over his figure, only sighing in relief when he was sure there was no other injuries. His heart might not be able to take it if Cheolyong was fatally injured again like last time he found the maknae lying on the hospital floor, fighting with death.

          "Is he okay?" Seungho and Changsun approached not too far behind, both had a weird expression on their face, unreadable as they stared at the maknae. "We should head back to the dorm and maybe drop by a clinic on our way."

          "It's okay hyung. I'm sure the wound isn't that bad." Cheolyong refused, smiling slightly to convice his hyung. If he was taken to clinic, the doctor there would surely know this was not any ordinary wound. This was a wound from the shuriken Cheolyong used to dig out the bullet from his hand. He could easily treat himself even after almost maiming his own hand.

          "Yea, I'll help him clean the wound myself. No need to make a fuss going to clinic." Surprisingly, Byunghee backed Cheolyong up almost instantly but Cheolyong didn't think anything about it. Just thought that Byunghee was just showing his motherly side again. Nothing weird.

          "If you say so…" Seungho reluctantly agreed before stepping to Cheolyong's side, taking the good hand in his and one hand wrapped around the maknae's shoulder. "Let's go then. We shouldn't stay here too long." He shooed the other members ahead, not entirely comfortable standing around this dark and quiet area, isolated from people as he helped Cheolyong to go back to the van despite the maknae insisting he hadn't hurt his leg and can walk just fine.

          Byunghee let Cheolyong took the front passenger seat and squished in the back passenger seat with Changsun and Sanghyun, his eyes scarcely leaving the maknae. He didn't realized it wasn't just him who was kept looking at Cheolyong. Seungho and Changsun, too, had been subtly glancing towards the maknae, but the look in their eyes, instead of concern, it was more towards suspicion and almost accusing… As if Cheolyong had done some sort of crime.

          Which he did… In a way.

 

############

 

Eventhough Byunghee said he would be the one treating Cheolyong's wound, the main vocalist ended up trotting after Seungho who was acting suspicious once he received a call from someone. The leader had went as far as going back out of the dorm just to take that call and Byunghee simply ushered the younger ones inside the dorm before going off after Seungho, probably to eavesdrop on Seungho's phonecall.

          "I'll find the emergency kit. Changsun hyung, can you take Cheolyong to the room and help him change into clean clothes." Surprisingly, Sanghyun was the one who took charge once both the oldest hyung left, rushing to the kitchen where he was sure where all the emergency kit was stored at, leaving Cheolyong with Changsun who was looking at anywhere but the maknae.

          Cheolyong cleared his throat. "They're acting like I just got shot."

          Cheolyong chuckled slightly but his joke stab too deep inside Changsun's scarred memories and the older tensed up at the memories of Minki got shot right in front of his eyes. But instead of the boy in black with skeletal shaped mask, he saw Cheolyong with cold eyes and evil smirk and gaze that radiate nothing but murderous intent and twisted satisfaction over killing someone as he stood there over the dead body of Minki with blood pooling around the ground.

          "I can go to the room by myself." Cheolyong resigned, backing off slightly when he realized he might have said something wrong based on how Changsun's face was paling. "I'll just go now." He turned to leave but stopped as he felt a tug on the sleeves of his jacket.

          Turning around, Changsun still won't lift up his face but his hand was holding loosely, even reluctantly on Cheolyong's arm, slightly pulling the younger boy and both headed to the room for Cheolyong to change.

          Once in the room, Cheolyong sighed a bit harshly, turning to face Changsun who was standing by the door completely. "Okay, that's it, hyung. What is wrong? Why are you avoiding me these days? Did I do something wrong? Did I hurt your feeling somehow? Well, I might do it unintentionally. But you know me, hyung. When I joke and spoke, I don't usually think. I'm sorry?" He asked, putting his good hand on Changsun's shoulder but was shocked out of his mind when the older boy slapped his hand away and backed off with… a look of disgust? And slight fear. All Cheolyong could do was staring at Changsun with his pair of large eyes now opened so widely, hand still hanging in the air. What the hell just happened?

          "I should go." Changsun mumbled under his breath, barely heard, spinning on his heels and rushed to the door to get the hell out of there but met face to face with Sanghyun who simply pushed him back inside.

          "Help me clean his wound, hyung." He pushed Changsun to sit on Cheolyong's bed, putting down the emergency kit next to Changsun on the bed and turned to the maknae disapprovingly. "Why are you not changed yet? Whatever, let's take care of your hand first. Changsun hyung, help him." He went towards the maknae and pushed the maknae to sit on the bed as well, only separated from Changsun by the emergency kit. He then walked towards Cheolyong's closet, picking out pajama for Cheolyong to wear tonight.

          While at the bed, Changsun let out a very obvious sigh and opened the kit with intention to get this done as quickly as possible. He was not comfortable to be anywhere near Cheolyong. It would only reminded him of the horrid memory of watching his supposedly innocent maknae who couldn't hurt a fly easily shoot a person. There is no different between Cheolyong and those horrible people who had kidnapped him, maybe even worse. A murderer… Other than Minki, he wondered if Cheolyong had ever killed. Most probably yes. He looked up when a hand pulled the emergency kit away from him and met Cheolyong's eyes.

          The maknae gave his hyung a small smile. "It's okay. I can do it myself." Changsun opened his mouth to respond but Cheolyong cut him off again, looking down with hurt flashed inside his brown eyes. "Don't force yourself." His voice was so small and sad coming down like a thousand pound hammer hitting right onto Changsun's head.

          Changsun didn't say anything more as he just watch Cheolyong prepared the cotton gauze and the wound cleaner smoothly as if he had done this a lot of time already. Maybe he did. Maybe as much as Cheolyong had hurt people, he himself was hurt just as much. Maybe it was them who didn't realized. Who knows how many time Cheolyong looked pale and grimaced in pain and him and the other hyungs just passed it off as Cheolyong being tired and grumpy from all the schedule. Maybe Cheolyong had been injured for too many times already. Maybe the maknae had walked really close to death more than once. Even the thought made him shiver.

          "Who are you?" Changsun unconsciously spoke out his mind, gasping when he realized his slip as his eyes met with Cheolyong's questioning orbs.

          "What?" Cheolyong asked back, pausing from his work on his wounded hand as he focused on wide-eye Changsun.

          "I… Nothing. Just ignore what I said." Changsun panicked, which just install more suspicion inside Cheolyong's head.

          Cheolyong make a face at the older. "Right…" He dragged his word and kept staring at Changsun until Sanghyun walked back to them.

          "Hey! Why are you doing this on your own?" Sanghyun exclaimed, tossing a pair of blue pajama with One Piece caricature on the edge of the bed before pulling on the chair by the computer desk and flopped down to face Cheolyong, rolling his eyes at Changsun who threw his gaze on the wall instead, keeping a straight face. "Give me your hand."

          Cheolyong blinked, looking at Sanghyun with one rose brow. "Are you sure you can do this, hyung?" Cheolyong dabbed his wound, not at all moving to give his hand to waiting Sanghyun, instead just continuing what he had been doing. "Cause you know… I can do this myself." He shrugged with a grin and chuckled at the offended look Sanghyun pulled.

          "Hey! Don't look down on me! Now, give me your hand!" Sanghyun wiggled his fingers impatiently.

          Cheolyong looked down on his hand and at Sanghyun's hand before ending at Sanghyun's face, sighing in defeat as he slowly gave Sanghyun his injured hand.

          It wasn't even ten seconds passed when Cheolyong started complaining sometimes even shrieking and all kind of grimace painted on his flushed face as Sanghyun put the sterelizer on his wound. "Hyung! Be gentler!" He whined, tugging his hand but Sanghyun's grip on his wrist was too strong. "Hyung~" He whined again to the deaf ear. "Owie! Oww! Oww! Oww! You're going to kill me! Oh my god!!! Just kill me alre- Wait hyung! Not that! Don't just pour it on my hand! ARGH! I hate you! I hate you, hyung!" He dramatized his complaining even more.

          A set of chuckles from his side stopped Cheolyong from his unending complaining and his eyes darted towards Changsun who was now holding back his laugh, looking surprised at himself for laughing at maknae's exaggerated action. "Oh sorry." He mumbled, looking away yet again but the look on his face saying he felt a bit better now.

          "Done!" Sanghyun said proudly, dusting his hand off.

          Cheolyong looked down at his now bandaged hand. The bandage was done so poorly that if Cheolyong moved slightly, the end of the bandage would fall off and would unwrapped again. "Urm… Thanks… I guess." He caught onto the end of the bandage that was sliding off.

          "See! I took a good care of you, didn't I- Hey! Changsun hyung! Why are you laughing?" Sanghyun pointed an accusing finger at Changsun who was hiding his mouth behind his palm.

          "I didn't laugh."

          "Yes, you did!"

          Cheolyong grinned at his two hyungs, taking a clip inside the emergency kit to clip on the loosened bandage. "Yea hyung. You take such a great care of me." He patted Sanghyun's knees and giggled at the proud smile stretching across the older boy's lips. "I promise if you're injured, I will take a good care of you as well."

          "Really? It's a promise?" Sanghyun asked.

          Cheolyong put up his hand. "Pinkie promise."

          "Wait! I don't want to get injured! You and Seungho hyung who are in charge of getting hurt in MBLAQ.."

          Cheolyong gasped with fake hurt. "Hey! Joon hyung too!" He pointed towards Changsun who recoiled back in surprise but couldn't say anything against Cheolyong as he knew he was very clumsy and got hurt a lot when dancing and even during acting.

          A knock on the door stopped their empty chat and Byunghee popped his head from behind the door with a smile. "Is your hand fine?"

          Cheolyong nodden and raised his bandaged hand.

          Waltzing into the room, Byunghee took the maknae's hand into his own and analyzed the very messy bandage over the wound. "Who did this?" He asked with a frown.

          "Sanghyun hyung." Cheolyong tattled.

          Byunghee rolled his eyes. "Figure…" He sat on the other side of Cheolyong and opened the bandage and re-did everything from the start again, completely ignoring Sanghyun who was complaining on how his hard work was not being appreciated.

          "Anyway, hyung. Where's Seungho hyung?" Cheolyong asked as his eyes followed Byunghee's every moves.

          "He went out. He said he won't be back tonight. He looked quite angry." Byunghee informed. "Done." He made a bow at the end of the bandage way much better than Sanghyun. "Now, this is what a bandage looks like." He grinned at the pout Sanghyun flashed at him.

          "Angry?" Cheolyong asked back, more to himself, cocking one brow in curiosity. And then, he remembered what had one of his attacker said to him.

          "You're a Ruby aren't you? So he was right. You're one of them."

          Cheolyong bit the inside of his lips and his narrowed. Who was 'he'. That man who attacked him tonight had accused him as Ruby so they were definitely not one of the North agents. Did South made their move as well? And who's side would Cheolyong be on if that was true?

          Neither!

          His hand moved subtly over his jeans pocket where a small chip he found inside the two Ruby's body was stored. A gps tracking unit. And his job will start soon.