twenty one

SPY

I got another exam this week. I feel nauseous. Aigoo... Each time I got exam I feel queasy... I can never get used to it

Wish me luck guys

 

Seungho cursed as the car he drove took a sharp turn and into a smaller alleyway, a shortcut he hoped would bring him to the place he got from tracking Jinwoon down. He couldn't wasted another moment. After a short meeting with their old friend, Sangbae, Wonbin had came running to meet him, telling him that Hyojin escaped. Hyojin escape wouldn't worry him much knowing the lady would want to find Cheolyong. But knowing Seunghyun was on chase worried him. It should have been anyone but Seunghyun. Seunghyun hated everything that had got anything to do with North.

          And that included both Cheolyong and Hyojin.

          "Hyung! You're detouring from the main road!" Sanghyun who was sitting next to Seungho half-shouted. In his hands was his phone with GPS on to lead them to the place Jinwoon was at right now. "He's moving towards ____. Wait. It changes again." Sanghyun commented.

          "This is a shortcut." Seungho reasoned, taking another sharp turn that gaining himself high-pitch shriek from the other four lads inside this car. "Where is the address?"

          "Wait, give me a minute." Sanghyun panted, clinging on the seatbelt with his life as he felt his body being jerked violently with the careless driving by their supposedly responsible MBLAQ leader.

          "The IP. Where's the address?" Seungho demanded shortly after.

          "It's on the-" Sanghyun swallowed. "ARGH! THERE'S A CAT!" He shouted in terror when his eyes caught the shadow of a black cat jumping onto the middle of the road. Seungho, taking note of the warn, he turned the car, the tires skidded against the bitumen and he skipped the road and drove off road for a while before the car jumped back up onto the road nearly hitting a tree head on.

          "ADDRESS!" Seungho shouted as loud as Sanghyun who just couldn't calm down at this moment.

          "Aisy! Give that to me!" Sangbae pushed Changsun who was sitting in the middle of him and Byunghee and took the gadget away from Sanghyun's hand. "It's in the _____."

          "Got it." Seungho stepped on the gas, driving at the max speed, ignoring the shriek and girlish scream from both his side and the backseat until they reached the address. But, there were two apartment building here and they had no idea which apartment and even which floor Cheolyong was kept at.

          "Sangbae! Changsun! Both of you go to that building across. Check with the security for any suspicious people. Taking away one adult man with force, there's no way to escape without suspicion."

          Both of Changsun and Sangbae looked at each other and nodded. They were about to run across the road when an explosion shocked the whole within 5km radius. All of them covered their head with their arms and hunched down in response.

          "THERE!" Sanghyun, who got into the backseat to check on sick Byunghee pulled out at the sound and instantly saw the blazing fire and thick smoke coming from the top floor of the apartment building near them.

          Seungho immediately ran into the building, followed by Sangbae and Changsun and Sanghyun was left to care for Byunghee, or rather, to hold Byunghee who was struggling against him, wanting to go towards Cheolyong as well despite his raging fever.

          Not long after, a few back up from NIS and the firetruck together with ambulans were there and Byunghee at least looked a bit calmer at the reassuring numbers of forces that came to help.

          Both of them looking up on the floor, the orange bright fire litting up the dark night, small explosion here and there and they stayed with their hands together, praying for all that they love when they saw something or rather someone fall from the burning floor through the window, plummeting straight to the ground from that height.

          "Oh god…"

 

######################

 

Seunghyun get his gun ready. He saw Hyojin fighting bravely against three burly men despite her petite figure and the injuries she got from being interrogated in NIS. It wasn't like he didn't want to help but he was scouting the area. There couldn't just be three men guarding here.

          As if he was being proven right, another two burly men came to join in fight and he saw how Hyojin sensing she was in disadvantage that this time, instead of attacking back ruthlessly, Hyojin chose to avoid the attacks and maneuver her was along the hallway and raising his slender legs, kicking onto a door.

          "Cheolyong!" Hyojin shouted but her long hair was grabbed from behind and her face was shoved into the wall but she tilted her head a bit and her cheek grazed the wall. She bit on her inside cheeks and the blood flowed through the corner of her lips. She felt a sharp burning pain on her flank and retaliated by raising his flexible legs, kicking back and on the private area of the one attacking him.

          Cursing, Seunghyun ran closer but paused when he heard shout coming from inside the apartment. "NOONA!"

          The force of Hyojin's kick sent the men tumbled behind but another man pinned her back on the wall but wasn't for long when he felt the heavy weight pinning her was being removed from her and she turned around to see Cheolyong standing in the middle of five men she was combating before, distracting all five of them away from Hyojin.

          "Cheolyong…" Feeling the burning pain still tearing on her flank, Hyojin felt his vision blurred as she stumbled behind, her back meeting the wall and she slid down. She tried to stand back, to help her dongsaeng but Cheolyong was doing well even on his own and in only five minutes all five of the burly men were sprawled around Cheolyong's feet, lifeless or at least nearly dead.

          "Noona." Cheolyong jumped across two bodies and went to get her sister, his eyes widened at the pool of blood forming around Hyojin and saw the knife that was impaled on Hyojin's flank. "!" He cursed, craddling weakened Hyojin in his arm. "Noona… Noona…" He called out. His heart clenched seeing the bruises and cut littered all over Hyojin's body.

          "Cheolyong…" Hyojin replied, smiling at her dongsaeng. Raising her hand, she cupped Cheolyong's cheeks, her thumb gently along the flushed wet cheek of the younger man. "What is this? Weren't you train not to cry?" She asked slowly with a cheeky smile that took a lot for her to carve on her face.

          "Noona…" Cheolyong sobbed, hanging his head down. How can he not cry in this situation?

          "Aigoo… Even after all these years, you're still my baby…" Hyojin chuckled but her hands felt heavy as well as her whole body. "I love you, Cheolyong. Always have. I'm sorry. F-for keeping y-you in the dark all these y-years."

          "I know. I love you too, Noona. I love all of you. I'm sorry I couldn't recognize you even after living with all of you for years. Oh god. I'm such an idiot." Cheolyong wanted to hit his own head.

          "It's okay, Cheolyong. I won't go anywhere. I'm just joining the others. Umma. Appa. Hyosun unnie." Hyojin snuggled her face into Cheolyong's arm. "We will be waiting for you. Like we always… had…"

          Cheolyong's breath hitched at the same time Hyojin let out her last breath. Tears kept on pouring out of his eyes and his whole body tremble. He felt how Hyojin became limp in his hold.

          "Noona? Noona… Don't die…" Cheolyong pleaded like a child. His voice almost stuck in his throat as he maneuvered Hyojin in his hold, pulling Hyojin closer until her head was safely tuck in the crook of his head. His free hand his older sister's long silky hair. "Don't die… Don't die… Why do everyone die…" His breath shaky and he took out the last chess piece in his hold. The white king. "You are waiting for me, right? Umma. Appa. Hyosun noona. And you. It's unfair that you guys always left me behind like this." A twisted smile decorated Cheolyong's lips. "It's okay. I'll catch up with you guys." He stared down at the white king. "I'll be there." He tightened his hold on Hyojin, forgetting all about the plan he had with Jiman and closed his eyes, thumb ghosting on the head of the chess piece, the switch.

          "NO! CHEOLYONG! STOP!" Jinwoon was in time to stop Cheolyong with Onew following close behind but at the same time, a batch of almost twenty Ruby also came into the scene while engaging in heated battle with former Ruby.

          Cheolyong tensed up and his eyes clicked open when he felt shadow looming over him. One of the Ruby was looming over him with a gun pointed right in front of his face but before the trigger could be pulled, another bullet came piercing through the Ruby's left chest and the Ruby fall limp on the floor.

          Cheolyong's eyes drifted from the direction the bullet came from and saw a man standing by the door, a gun still up before the man joined both Jinwoon and Onew in the fight against the Ruby even with how they were clearly outnumbered by the Ruby. He recognized the gun that the man used. It was NIS weapon unlike black market weapon their likes using.

          Cheolyong looked down on Hyojin and left a long loving kiss on Hyojin's forehead before putting down Hyojin carefully on the floor. He jumped into the fight, but instead of concentrating on the Ruby, he ployed the fight meanwhile pushing the man, Jinwoon and Onew towards the doorway.

          "Duck." Once they were almost by the doorway, Cheolyong's one word caused the all three to duck and the white king exploded, burning almost half of the Ruby into ashes and unfortunately, the some of the former Ruby as well.

          The explosion was strong enough and the fire spread quickly inside the one room apartment. "Out!" Seunghyun shouted, pushing both Jinwoon and Onew out as he tried to grab Cheolyong's arm but the latter evaded his hand and went into the fire.

          "CHEOLYONG!" Jinwoon who saw it, wrestled himself out of Onew's grip and pushed Seunghyun aside as he went after Cheolyong, ignoring Onew who was calling after him. His hands went up to cover his face. The smoke and the heat of the fire was torturing him but he searched through the fire. He searched for Cheolyong until he saw the lad hunching over Hyojin's dead figure in the middle of the widespread fire. The picture broke Jinwoon's heart as he knew exactly how Cheolyong was feeling. They were sharing the same story afterall.

          "Cheol-" Jinwoon took one step but he saw one the Ruby who miraculously still alive in the explosion and the wild fire was creeping onto Cheolyong and he charged forwards, tackling the Ruby in the middle with war-like shout and kept on pushing onto the Ruby towards the window.

          Shattering of the window, the heat of the fire against the cool air from this high floor and the floor disappear from under his soles, gravity pulling him down. Everything went so fast.

          Was he flying… Or falling…

 

#####################

         

Seungho reached the floor, his shirt drenched with sweat. He skidded into a halt when he saw Seunghyun and strangely, Onew, standing in front of the door. The smoke had spread and the inhabitants of the apartment had long flooded out of the building.

          Seungho ran past Seunghyun but the latter quickly grabbed him. "No! The fire is too huge!" Seunghyun warned.

          "I don't care! He is inside, isn't he?" Seungho struggled against Seunghyun but slowly came to a stop when he saw the glittering unshed tears inside Seunghyun's eyes. What happened for his coworker to look that sad?

          "I don't think… He'll survive." Seunghyun whispered.

          "What do you mean?" Seungho asked, his eyes flickered towards Changsun who had somehow involved in small bickering with Onew starting from Changsun questioning on the reason why Onew was here and towards Sangbae who was watching the burning room without being able to do anything against the fire that was every inch of the room inside before his eyes focused back on Seunghyun.

          "Hyojin is dead." Seunghyun revealed. "I saw the look in his eyes, Seungho. He doesn't want to live. He was determined." Seunghyun let Seungho go. "There is nothing we could do. I'm sorry." He chewed on the lips as he closed his eyes only to get the image of Cheolyong holding Hyojin, the lost child in the large brown eyes belong to Cheolyong. Now, he understood why Hongman wanted to save these people so much. Yet, there was nothing he could do.

          And he regret it a lot. Will always be.

          Seungho breathed shakily. He felt Sangbae swayed and he caught the younger, hearing shaky voice of Sangbae, "Tell me this is lie."

          Seungho bit the inside of his cheeks as he turned to see Changsun. The dancer had long buried his face into Onew's shoulder, holding onto his bestfriend tight and cried into Onew's red muffler.

          That was when another explosion occur, sending Seungho and Seunghyun thrown against the wall. Seungho grabbed Sangbae with him, breaking the fall for the younger's fall while Onew shielded Changsun as much as his smaller frame allowed.

          There was a few moments of confusion as they were all groaning at the impact before Seungho jolted up, watching the burning down apartment with wide eyes. "No…"

          Had they lost their maknae…

 

#####################

 

"Hey, that is… What is that? Looks like- Wait! That's Cheolyong! Oh god! CHEOLYONG!" Sanghyun screamed anxiously from the side road. On his side, leaning half his weight on him was Byunghee. If Byunghee wasn't so sick, the main vocalist would have shout for the maknae as well.

          They had seen the figure, two figures broke through the window. Glasses from the window shattered into small diamonds once they came into contact with ground. Together with the small diamonds is a man, crushing onto the ground, dead instantly.

          Ignoring the dead body, Sanghyun's and Byunghee's focus were only on the figure on the burning apartment. A man was dangling on the window while another figure, their maknae, Cheolyong, was holding onto the man, pulling desperately.

          "Cheolyong…" Byunghee called, feeling faint at the smell of the smoke and blood and the fear as seeing his maknae still trapped up there inside the building on fire. He almost sighed in relief when saw Cheolyong finally able to drag the heavy body of the dangling figure back into the apartment but just the moment after, another huge explosion shaken even the ground they were standing on.

          "No. It can't be."

          There's no way someone could survive such explosion.

 

#######################

 

They had found a lot remains from the collapsed building. So much work and so much funeral to be held. And Seungho wished he could have find Cheolyong in those remains but it wasn't easy.

          It was already two weeks since that day.

          And Byunghee was the one who received the news the hardest. He went through a phase where he coped himself inside Cheolyong's room in the dorm, refusing to eat, shower, drink, or even live. He yelled at anyone who tried to talk to him. He went into a fit of anger when Seungho tried to keep all of Cheolyong's things in the box, saying that what the leader did was for the good of Byunghee who won't accept the fact that Cheolyong was gone.

          That phase that Byunghee went through wasn't what he went through alone. Seungho, Changsun as well as Sanghyun longed for Cheolyong, mourn for his death but they did't let it stop them from living, from moving on. And that was what they wanted for Byunghee who obviously wasn't able to move on.

          Surprisingly, Changsun had blurted a genius idea as he told Seungho to bring Hajin to meet Byunghee. After what had happened, Seungho had taken Hajin under his wings, raising Hajin like his own son despite his own hectic life as a detective. And Seungho agreed. He brought Hajin to meet Byunghee.

          They should have done that earlier.

          The moment Byunghee looked up at Hajin, Cheolyong's favorite manga that had always been in his clutch was set aside and Byunghee pulled Hajin into a hug, sobbing onto the small child's shoulder. Hajin cried with him. The little boy wailed in his hold while trying to sooth Byunghee by patting Byunghee's back.

          And then Byunghee realized, he wasn't the only one who felt the lost. Look at Hajin. Hajin lost everything yet he was still smiling. He was a child yet he was stronger than Byunghee. He was just like Cheolyong.

          That day, Byunghee just watched from side while Seungho kept all of Cheolyong's belonging into boxes, sealing them tight. And Hajin slipped his hand into Byunghee's, sharing every little strength he had.

          Byunghee smiled for the first time after the event, squeezing Hajin's small hand, couldn't help but feeling like he was holding Cheolyong's hand. He saw Cheolyong in Hajin.

          So another week after, they held the funeral among themselves, MBLAQ members and of course Hajin, joined by Onew, Sangbae and members of 2am, including Jinwoon who had finally healed and being discharged from the hospital after three weeks healing all the injuries he got from his last fight. Which used to surprised them seeing as Jinwoon able to get out of the explosion alive but not Cheolyong. But they nodded dejectedly when Jinwoon told them that Cheolyong had shielded him, protected him in the explosion and he regretted not being able to do the same for Cheolyong.

          Seungho took Cheolyong's treasured things inside a box and Byunghee followed closely with a basket of flower in his hands while the others trotting behind the two with solemn look on their face.

          They chose Jansung as the place to bury the box in place of Cheolyong's body. They took their time in silence until they were finished and Byunghee placed the flowers over the grave and the other graves just next to Cheolyong. The grave of Cheolyong's family as Jinwoon had said.

          "When we found him and Hyojin's remain, we will bury them here." Seungho said quietly where no one responded.

          No one wanted to find any remain of Cheolyong knowing it would just confirmed Cheolyong's death and crushed all of the tiny little spark of hope that might had left in them.

          "Rest in peace." Byunghee whispered as he looked up to the large tree shading over the family graves and imagines Cheolyong to be as strong as the tree and had deep rooted inside his heart. "I will miss you. A lot."

 

Should I end it like this? Muahahahahaha (evil laugh)

-the end-

oh wait don't believe it. JK. Though I have half-mind to end it like this